Resource icon

[Open Assets] S.A.S.S - Special Ability Skincolor Suits [v1.3.6 + vPre2]

This content may be freely modified and/or maintained by anyone.

Verwex

The Wish Hyphen you need!

8F7VAmW.png

[HIGHLIGHT] THIS POST AS OF WRITING THIS FEATURES 2 BUILDS: V1.3.6 AND VPRE2. PRE2 VERSION IS A PRE-RELEASE OF V2, ACCESSIBLE AFTER WHAT HAPPENED TO MY COMPUTER. I WILL UPDATE THIS POST TO BE V2 ONLY AFTER IT IS CONSIDERED TO ME AS FINISHED! [/HIGHLIGHT]

Welcome to the SASS of skincolors. In this post, you will find special, stretchy skincolor suits which probably were grabbed from a closet or something, and get to experiment with them while still having fun and going around with newfound abilities (ONCE YOU HAVE SKINABILITIES ON) hidden in them.

This pack includes three of colors, handpicked with first-time experience at Lua to get as stable of an experience as possible while possibly innovating new ideas into them (AGAIN, ONCE YOU HAVE SKINABILITIES ON).

SKINCOLOR LIST:
attachment.php

It features colors such as:
-Flowing Lava
-Bee Pattern
-Active Nitro

COMMANDS:
- skinabilities on/1/yes/true/default / off/0/no/false - Turn on or off skincolor abilities for these three specific SASS'.
Default value: on
How to tell: There will be a special icon at the top of lives icon, representing which SASS you got. Only available once you turn it on. Flowing Lava, Bee Pattern and Active Nitro get their special icons while others get nothing.
Who can modify this: Admins and Server
Syncing: This command will sync for everyone.

- skinban on/1/yes/true/default / off/0/no/false - Ban or allow skincolor choosing when skinabilities is on.
How to tell: You will be able to use the SASS colors no matter what.

- skinpickup on/1/yes/true/default / off/0/no/false - Enable or disable gaining SASS' through other means.

- skinvisuals on/1/yes/true/default / off/0/no/false - Turn on or off visuals for abilities present in SASS.
Who can modify this: Anyone
Syncing: No. Anyone can do this on their own.

Skinvisuals is the only command in SASS, where its value is saved in a custom config file, SKINVisuals.dat.

GAME TYPE SUPPORT:
When you have skinabilities on, you will oddly notice that when you try to select a custom skincolor, it will be banned. You can try to select it, but it will get you to a skin's preferred color with a prompt that it is not allowed to access SASS colors directly. This is because I brought in support in other means. If you die with a SASS color, you will go back to your skin's preferred color. And don't try to switch skincolors. That won't work.

If you have skinban off, you can select them just fine, either with skinabilities on or off.

SINGLE PLAYER/SPLIT SCREEN/CO-OP:
You can get skincolors by smashing badniks. At random, you will get a plate with an icon representing a specific SASS, the same ones in a HUD. Once you get them, you equip that skincolor.
RACE/COMPETITION:
Smash badniks and monitors to receive plates at random.
RINGSLINGER/TEAM GAME TYPES/BATTLEMOD:
Beat your enemies enough, and you will receive a plate from them. They spawn at random as well. It even works if they have a SASS color.
CERTAIN CUSTOM GAME TYPES:
For these, you are automatically banned from using skincolors, that is if you have banskins on.

ABILITIES (ONCE YOU HAVE SKINABILITIES ON):
GENERAL:
In general, these SASS' wielded here all have a passive ability, where you don't have to do much input, and a main ability, activated by a press of CUSTOM 1. They all vary in effect and some are more useful than the other ones. Regardless, they all are worth checking out. You are able to use your character's ability and a shield ability before, in-between and after the ability, so you can score some neat pathways. All of these can be affected by a super form and by being underwater, no matter if it is goop or water. And when you swing off a chain, you won't be able to use their SASS abilities until you reach the ground.
SPECIFIC:
attachment.php
FLOWING LAVA:
attachment.php

Main:
attachment.php
attachment.php

Lava Burst: An ability where you can shoot yourself to the skies in a matter of a fast timer. With this one, you can do this if you let go of JUMP, but you can still do char abilities in between. Can be pressed out at any time and you get no ability to do it again, until you are no longer jumping.

Super Effects: Higher burst
Underwater effects: Lower burst

Passive:
attachment.php
attachment.php

For a passive ability, you get to protect yourself from lava and fire as long as you don't run straight into solid lava walls.

attachment.php
BEE PATTERN:
attachment.php

Main:
attachment.php

Bee Flight: It's really as obvious as it gets. You get to fly around a bit like a bee, for a short amount of time. Energy will be saved throughout the flight if you aren't doing it, as long as you are in the air, jumping. Once you no longer are, you can fly again with maximum energy.

Super Effects: Infinite flight.
Underwater effects: You can no longer hover and fly until you reach the surface.

Passive:
attachment.php

For a passive ability, you not only get a higher jump factor, but with a hold of a JUMP button mid-air, either while walking/standing/running/dashing or in jump, you can hover to the ground much slower and much more safely.

attachment.php
ACTIVE NITRO:
attachment.php

Main:
attachment.php
attachment.php

Bullet Charge: Halt your vertical momentum to blast through at crazy speeds never imaginable! Can be used up to 4 times. When not pressing any directional keys, your speed is slow, but once you press forward, then you blast. You mainly use the camera to control, but you can use directional keys to strafe, accelerate and brake a bit. When you stop, your momentum also stops, but you can still move right afterwards. When you bounce off a wall, you bounce with upward height.

Super Effects: You blast off much faster and bounce off walls way higher
Underwater effects: You blast off much slower and bounce off walls way lower

Passive:
attachment.php

You get to be faster in this skincolor suit, despite it not seeming like much. It will affect your game play a bit.

KNOWN ISSUES:
-You are pretty much warning yourself when using character wads/pk3s, mainly when you are pulling off a character ability in between a SASS ability. It shouldn't be much of an issue for the most part, but who knows what can happen.

PLANNED FEATURES IN ORDER OF IMPORTANCE:
-Fix issues that are available,
-Make some accessories dependable on what kind of SASS you wear,
-More SASS,
-Optimize code (yes, I am putting it this low, but at least it is a consideration)
[highlight]For this one, I would have to need someone else. I'm not good at optimizing.[/highlight]

CHANGELOG:
v1.3.6:
- Skinvisuals value is now saved inside of a .dat file

v1.3.5.1:
- Made sure that skincolor loss when a map loads in non-competitive game types work better

v1.3.5:
- You will now be able to keep skincolors when in singleplayer/co-op, guaranteed.

v1.3.4:
- Buffed up Active Nitro's normal speed
- Fixed a bug about Metal losing his dash mode speeds
- Fixed a bug where you can lift yourself off ground by pressing CUSTOM 1
- Made the whole process of gaining SASS' through other means an option

v1.3.3:
- Fixed a bug about Flowing Lava SASS ability halving its burst height for some reasons
- Fixed a bug about halting vertical momentum when equal 0
- Fixed a bug with you being able to use abilities while in a chain

v1.3.2:
- Patched a bug where if you hold custom 1 with a Flowing Lava SASS, after bouncing up a spring, you float endlessly

v1.3.1:
- Patched the inability for characters that don't roll into a ball when jumping to do a SASS ability

v1.3:
- Provided support for racing gametypes
- You will no longer hold the custom skincolor once a new map loads

v1.2.1:
- Better support for ringslinger and team gametypes

v1.2:
- Now when you collect the dropped plates, they make a sound
- Fixed a warning with online syncing
- Brought support for Match, Team Match, Tag, Hide & Seek, CTF and Battlemod in other ways

v1.1.3:
- Fixed a bug where stat related changes persist after not using the right skincolor
- Fixed a sentence mistake
- Fixed skinban online syncing

v1.1.2:
- Made the skincolor banning, when skinabilities is on, an option.

v1.1.1:
- Fixed a tiny issue, that was noted by Snowy.

v1.1:
- Brought support for single player, split screen and co-op in other ways.

v1:
- Initial release

Q&A:
[highlight]-Why the name?[/highlight]
Special - it is special in regards to skincolors
Ability - they contain abilities in them
Skincolor - that's obvious
Suits - I once imagined it this way: Your skin's prefcolor was like, their natural color. The rest were like stretchy suits that fit them perfectly regardless of size. That's how I imagined it.
[highlight]-How come this is your first time doing Lua? It seems a bit too impressive to be true.[/highlight]
It actually is my first time using it. It's just that some experience with Clickteam Fusion managed to help me, even if it is by somewhat. And of course the scripting channel in the official server gave me help as well, despite lurking at solutions.
[highlight]-Why would you do this in the first place?[/highlight]
Because no one has done it before. I wanted to try my hand at this, making them somewhat like the fire flowers, just with more to them, and available to everyone under certain circumstances. Yes, sometimes it is that just you can do something doesn't mean that you should, but I thought it was neat at first. The main point of it was to open people's eyes and make them realize that they can do much more than what is perhaps needed.
[highlight]-Could I use this for something that I am doing?[/highlight]
Of course you can, you have my explicit permission to use them and edit them however you like, as long as you give credit.
[highlight]-Can I contribute to this?[/highlight]
Well as long as you have knowledge in Lua and spriting if necessary, sure. I don't see why not.
[highlight]-How can I contribute?[/highlight]
It's really simple enough. You can help me on doing the planned stuff above.
[highlight]-This seems a bit controversial to do so. Do you think that is a good idea?[/highlight]
If it wasn't then I wouldn't have sent this in the first place. I would have kept it somewhere and share it to only a couple of people. Well now it does seem like a good idea, does it?

I hope you enjoy this pk3!

Attachments

• srb20000.gif
    srb20000.gif
    3.6 MB · Views: 9,539
  • srb20001.gif
    srb20001.gif
    2.7 MB · Views: 8,908
  • srb20002.gif
    srb20002.gif
    3.7 MB · Views: 8,918
  • srb20003.gif
    srb20003.gif
    6.3 MB · Views: 9,038
  • srb20004.gif
    srb20004.gif
    1.6 MB · Views: 8,621
  • srb20005.gif
    srb20005.gif
    2.5 MB · Views: 8,344
  • srb20006.gif
    srb20006.gif
    3.7 MB · Views: 8,523
  • srb20007.gif
    srb20007.gif
    3.2 MB · Views: 8,424
  • srb20008.gif
    srb20008.gif
    6.9 MB · Views: 8,795
  • srb20009.gif
    srb20009.gif
    2.1 MB · Views: 8,109
  • SASS1.png
    SASS1.png
    1.3 KB · Views: 8,773
  • SASS2.png
    SASS2.png
    1.5 KB · Views: 8,213
  • SASS3.png
    SASS3.png
    1.5 KB · Views: 8,500
  • L_SASS_v1.3.6.pk3
    18.8 KB · Views: 1,852
  • L_SASS_vPre2.pk3
    113.8 KB · Views: 1,025
Last edited:
While I'm still not sure if its such a good idea to tie abilities to skincolors, nor am I fond of how this is inaccessible to Single Player, it still functions as intended and works well, so welcome to releases!

Hehehe... SASS
No but really, Awesome that there are now abilities with Skin Colors.

---------- Post added at 12:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:59 AM ----------

Hehehe... SASS
No but really, Awesome that there are now abilities with Skin Colors.

:sonicsass:

In all seriousness, I was given sneak peeks at Flowing Lava and Active Nitro. I must say this is even cooler than I saw on DMs. That's saying something considering I saw them in action. Great job!

PS: I want to do a similar thing so I guess I know which lua to take haha

While I'm still not sure if its such a good idea to tie abilities to skincolors, nor am I fond of how this is inaccessible to Single Player, it still functions as intended and works well, so welcome to releases!

Welp. Update exists now and I am taking this the fire flower way.

There Is No Download! =(

Dude... How?
I think you should look hard enough. I'm sure you'll find it.

Last edited:
Honestly, an interesting concept overall. May not use it often but I LOVE the idea.

---------- Post added at 11:28 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:22 AM ----------

XBQvsX4.gif

And right after I try it I get this error taking over the console...
""Om" is not a possible value for "sassabilities""

Honestly, an interesting concept overall. May not use it often but I LOVE the idea.

---------- Post added at 11:28 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:22 AM ----------

XBQvsX4.gif

And right after I try it I get this error taking over the console...
""Om" is not a possible value for "sassabilities""

Thanks for telling me, already fixed. Will send as soon as possible.

Last edited:
1. You can't read a gif.

2. What version is the mobile port of SRB2 running in? SASS works just fine on 2.2.6.

EDIT: This happens to me too, wtf. This also happens with Fang? Huh.

Last edited:
It's good that we have people like you, Oofer, who report bugs. You are a big help right now.

But good lord am I getting exhausted.

Last edited:

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back