Chengi's Character Pack! [V22]  (UPDATED 6/30/22): "Moonlight Falls over Crossbell"

[Character] Chengi's Character Pack! [V22] (UPDATED 6/30/22): "Moonlight Falls over Crossbell" v22

Chengi

I like your attitude!
Kart Krew™️
A small collection of my current SRB2Kart racers, containing characters from vastly different video game franchises!

(And like, two original characters.)

attachment.php

*As of May 29th, 2019, both Sakura and Amy (or at least her sprites) have been officially added to bonuschars. Older versions of this pack will continue to include them for legacy purposes, but as of v16 I've excluded them in the standard release.

Please do not use the individual pk3s provided to create re-packs or edits to be used in public netgames. This creates a lot of unnecessary confusion, especially for server hosts.
That, and like; repackaging my stuff without my permission kinda hurts me as a creator, y'know? :(

I've updated this pack frequently to the point where listing all of the characters in the first paragraph would be redundant.

As of right now, I've finished my "planned" characters, but more characters may be added in the future, so keep an eye out for updates.

CHARACTERS

Haruka Amami - The iDOLM@STER

Speed: 2
Weight: 4

(stats decided by a third party)

Give a warm welcome to the cheerful, clumsy poster girl for 765Pro! Always giving things her best effort, Haruka's high acceleration and midweight handling allow her to keep her head in the game and keep moving forward to become top id-- I mean, uh... get first place!

Azusa Miura - The iDOLM@STER

Speed: 7

765Pro's kind onee-san joins the race! Though her top speed makes her a good choice for the track, her sense of direction leaves more to be desired. Her spark rate is decent and she doesn't sacrifice much handling, but she can get left behind very easily.

Modern Sonic

Speed: 8

Straight out of the sixth-to-seventh console generation, Modern Sonic is ready to take his kart out for a spin on the track! He's faster than regular Sonic, but his slightly higher weight makes it harder to take corners -- however, he gets more frequent sparks as a result. "Woo! Feelin' good!"
(Special thanks go to Virt for helping with the previous version's sprites)

Jill - Drill Dozer

Speed: 5
Weight: 1

A member of the group of thieves known as the Red Dozers, Jill gets behind the wheel, despite probably having never driven a kart before! Drill Dozers need not apply. She has overall decent handling at the cost of being super light.

Gum - Jet Set Radio

Speed: 6
Weight: 5

The token "mean girl" of the GG's joins the race! She's got a decent topspeed with medium-weight handling. She's pretty good at evading hazards with her fairly forgiving spark rate for her speed pool.

Shinguji Sakura - Sakura Taisen/Sakura Wars

Stepping out of her Kobu and behind the wheel, the newest member of the Imperial Assault Force's Flower Division joins the race! Her Stats are fairly well-rounded, but she's lighter than the typical midweight character.

Rex - Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Weight: 7

Experienced salvager and wielder of the Aegis, Rex drives* his way onto the Track! His speed's a little bit faster than Knuckles, but his salvaging gear seems to be weighing him down a little. Doesn't mean he can't get some decent sparks, though!

(* get it? cause, y'know, he's the driver of the aegis? no? okay i'll see myself out)

Amy Rose (Plus Ver.) - Sonic the Hedgehog

Speed: 4

Sweet sweet, you're so sweet -- here's my own spin on Amy Rose! She's a little heavier and a little slower than the bonuschars Amy, so she's slightly different from her existing stat pool. She uses a two-tone palette and borrows clips from Lisa Oritz.

Dex Chroma (Original Character)

Weight: 3

It's the totally-not-self-insert original character absolutely nobody wanted to play as! He's quicker and lighter than Knuckles, but heavier than Tails and Sonic. You won't have to sacrifice much of your handling, should you play him, though.

Billy Hatcher - Billy Hatcher and the Giant Egg

Good morning! It's the kid in a chicken suit who's always on a roll, and he's
ready to scramble onto the track. He's not as fast as Sonic, but his (over) easy spark rate makes him a tough egg to crack, and that's no yolk.

(i'm sorry)

Eve (Code Empress) - Elsword
(COMMISSION CHARACTER)

Eve from Elsword in her Code: Empress form! She has decent mobility and average handling. A good pick if you're looking for quick speed, provided you don't mind the poor acceleration.

Solid Snake - Metal Gear Solid

The legendary mercenary responsible for putting a stop to several weapons of mass destruction stealthily drives his way in. His genetically-enhanced physique and rigorous experience in the battlefield make him a difficult target to take down. The only thing this soldier lacks is his handling behind the wheel. Otherwise, he's pretty good.

(Just don't put him and Sonic in the same room. Apparently they don't get along very well.)

Dante - Devil May Cry
(COMMISSION CHARACTER)

Weight: 6

Now featuring everyone's favorite wise-cracking hellish hitman, Dante crashes the party! His lightning-fast reflexes let him pull of some smokin' sick stunts on the road. Not really the best in the acceleration or handling department, however.

Yuzuriha - Under Night In-Birth

Speed: 9

Much like the blade she wields. Yuzuriha is as swift on the road as she is with her sword -- on account of her incredible top speed and decent handling. Maintaining that speed is critical however, as her carelessness might lead you to losing all that momentum due to her poor acceleration.

Rean Schwarzer - Trails of Cold Steel III
(COMMISSION CHARACTER)

Protagonist of the Trails of Cold Steel series, Rean drives in! He's as quick as Shadow, but just so happens to be slightly lighter. He has a slightly weaker spark rate, too.

Sothis - Fire Emblem: Three Houses
(COMMISSION CHARACTER)

Weight: 6

Sothis hears about the multiple sword users in Chengi's Character pack and drives in to laugh at them. Decent speed and weight.

( i know literally nothing about fire emblem i'll update this with a better description i swear :^( )

Kaho Reinol - Momodora: Reverie Under the Moonlight

Speed: 3
Weight: 3

This priestess got a little sidetracked and decided to spend some time Kart Racing instead of helping purify a civilization on the brink of death, but hey, I don't judge. She's pretty lightweight, and handles the wheel well for someone of her size.

Cyron (Original character - Cyron)
(COMMISSION CHARACTER)

Weight: 8

Cyron towers over the race! She's got decent top speed at the cost of stiff handling and heftiness. She certainly doesn't have any difficulty bumping into smaller racers, though.

Link - The Legend of Zelda
(COMMISSION CHARACTER)

Speed: 2

...do I really have to tell you who this is? I mean, it's... it's Link.

His look is specifically based on his appearance in the game boy titles. (Awakening/DX, Oracle of Ages/Seasons) He's slower than any of the other racers in the pack, but his playstyle rewards patience and proper item utilization. He also gets some insane sparks.

(no, but for real; if you've played at least one Nintendo game within the past 25 years you know who this is)

Primarina - Pokemon
(COMMISSION CHARACTER)

Speed: 3

Quote:
Primarina ♀ Lvl. 50
Pokedéx No. 730
Name: Primarina
Type: Water/Fairy
OT: SeasideDoe
Nature: Bold
Mischevious.
Ability: Liquid Voice - Turns the Pokémon's sound-based moves into Water-type moves.
Held Item: Primarium Z
Moves Learned: Moonblast, Sparkling Aria, Hyper Voice, Calm Mind

Ran Mitake - BanG Dream!
(COMMISSION CHARACTER)

Speed: 4

A very serious, headstrong guitarist who prefers to keep to herself. While mostly skilled on string, she handles a kart fairly well and isn't too light.

Shiki Ryougi - Kara no Kyoukai (The Garden of Sinners)
(COMMISSION CHARACTER)

Ryougi Shiki arrives on the racetrack at the behest of Touko Aozaki to take on the many supernatural racers that seem to have gathered around. Though she might not be utilizing her Mystic Eyes of Death Perception, that doesn't mean she can't obliterate everyone else in the process.

[V19 CHANGELOG]

• Added Shiki Ryougi
  • Updated Modern Sonic's sprites

Attachments

• kart0118.gif
    kart0118.gif
    2.2 MB · Views: 46,337
  • kart0118.gif
    kart0118.gif
    2.2 MB · Views: 45,459
  • kart0167.gif
    kart0167.gif
    1.4 MB · Views: 87,807
  • kart0167.gif
    kart0167.gif
    1.4 MB · Views: 98,384
  • kart0237.gif
    kart0237.gif
    1.8 MB · Views: 43,960
  • kart0237.gif
    kart0237.gif
    1.8 MB · Views: 43,838
  • kart0347.gif
    kart0347.gif
    1.6 MB · Views: 54,264
  • kart0361.gif
    kart0361.gif
    1.6 MB · Views: 42,655
  • kart0413.gif
    kart0413.gif
    1.8 MB · Views: 52,360
  • kart0459.gif
    kart0459.gif
    1.5 MB · Views: 39,816
  • kart0515.gif
    kart0515.gif
    1.5 MB · Views: 83,785
  • newazusamd2.png
    newazusamd2.png
    58.8 KB · Views: 47,272
  • 61sprites.gif
    61sprites.gif
    160.3 KB · Views: 47,319
  • kart0911.gif
    kart0911.gif
    2.1 MB · Views: 35,918
  • KC_ChengiCharPack_v7.pk3
    2.7 MB · Views: 1,237
  • KC_ChengiCharPack_v8.pk3
    2.9 MB · Views: 1,217
  • kart1113.gif
    kart1113.gif
    1.7 MB · Views: 34,050
  • KC_ChengiCharPack_v9.pk3
    3.1 MB · Views: 1,645
  • kart1155.gif
    kart1155.gif
    1.6 MB · Views: 31,713
  • KC_ChengiCharPack_v10.pk3
    3.4 MB · Views: 1,828
  • kart1232.gif
    kart1232.gif
    1.7 MB · Views: 27,516
  • kart1248.gif
    kart1248.gif
    1.6 MB · Views: 23,054
  • KC_ChengiCharPack_v11.pk3
    3.5 MB · Views: 548
  • KC_ChengiCharPack_v11.1.pk3
    3.5 MB · Views: 688
  • KC_ChengiCharPack_v11.2.pk3
    3.5 MB · Views: 904
  • KC_ChengiCharPack_v12.pk3
    3.8 MB · Views: 1,017
  • kart1255.gif
    kart1255.gif
    1.6 MB · Views: 20,200
  • kc_ChengiCharPack_v13.pk3
    4.4 MB · Views: 552
  • kart1284.gif
    kart1284.gif
    1.5 MB · Views: 18,386
  • kc_ChengiCharPack_v13.1.pk3
    4.4 MB · Views: 1,762
  • KC_ChengiCharPack_v14.pk3
    4.6 MB · Views: 993
  • kart1413.gif
    kart1413.gif
    1.8 MB · Views: 13,740
  • KC_ChengiCharPack_v14-Lite.pk3
    4.1 MB · Views: 792
  • KC_ChengiCharPack_v15.pk3
    4.8 MB · Views: 988
  • KC_ChengiCharPack_v15-Lite.pk3
    4.3 MB · Views: 703
  • kart1438.gif
    kart1438.gif
    1.5 MB · Views: 11,033
  • KC_ChengiCharPack_Indiv_v15.zip
    4.2 MB · Views: 557
  • KC_ChengiCharPack_Indiv_v16.zip
    5.7 MB · Views: 756
  • KC_ChengiCharPack_v16.pk3
    5.8 MB · Views: 1,035
  • kart1447.gif
    kart1447.gif
    1.9 MB · Views: 7,612
  • palcycle_link.gif
    palcycle_link.gif
    1.6 MB · Views: 4,075
  • KC_ChengiCharPack_v17.pk3
    6 MB · Views: 850
  • KC_ChengiCharPack_Indiv_v17.zip
    5.9 MB · Views: 784
  • kart1534.gif
    kart1534.gif
    1.5 MB · Views: 1,186
  • kart1535.gif
    kart1535.gif
    1.7 MB · Views: 1,479
  • KC_ChengiCharPack_v18.pk3
    6.6 MB · Views: 618
  • KC_ChengiCharPack_Indiv_v18.zip
    5.8 MB · Views: 711
  • charpack_2021_v18.png
    charpack_2021_v18.png
    60.3 KB · Views: 3,654
  • KC_ChengiCharPack_Indiv_v19.zip
    6.1 MB · Views: 1,957
  • kc_ChengiCharPack_v19.pk3
    6.9 MB · Views: 2,469
  • charpack_master_2021_v2.png
    charpack_master_2021_v2.png
    54.1 KB · Views: 45,073
Last edited:
I've found this error with Uewaka Sonic md2

Attachments

• kart0012.png
    kart0012.png
    115.7 KB · Views: 903
  • kart0012.png
    kart0012.png
    115.7 KB · Views: 965
I've found this error with Uewaka Sonic md2
I'm currently aware of the error. The MD2 also has issues when opening it up in MM3D, mostly in relation to the UV mapping. I'm trying to get this fixed as soon as possible.

Update - Gum has finally been added to the roster!

attachment.php

She's got 5 weight and 7 speed, so she's a decent mix between an all rounder and speed freak.

(Unfortunately, I can't update Uekawa Sonic's MD2 just yet, I'm still trying to figure out the UV issues. Hang on a little longer for that!)

Another minor update. This time I've fixed some audio-related issues.

Oh, and uh, Azusa has some new sprites/stats.
attachment.php

Attachments

• kart0205.gif
    kart0205.gif
    6.3 MB · Views: 44,757
  • kart0205.gif
    kart0205.gif
    6.3 MB · Views: 54,240
The new Asuza sprites look fantastic!! I think you meant to change her prefcolor to Jawz judging by the screenshots; it's still Jet in game. I also wanted to let you know that most of the characters' signpost sprites look like they're offset 1 pixel upwards—I think this is a Kartmaker bug, but it's very easily correctable. This pack has some serious quality though, I'm really looking forward to seeing the new characters you're teasing at!

Great job on the Azusa update! I wish I could do that to my characters, But I'd be Long & tedious for me.

It's probably already been said to death but this pack is genuinely fantastic. It's a real surprise to see Azusa get an update when her old sprites were already great, but I love the new look and usage of colors to match that of your more recent characters. Eagerly awaiting the last two characters, whoever they may be!

Another minor update. Just some fixes this time around.

attachment.php

Gum's palette has been reworked to fit the palette revisions brought on by 1.0.4 -- the stripe on her helmet is now no longer the brightest color within the palette.

Uekawa Sonic's MD2 has also (finally) been fixed, a very, very special thanks to Tiniest Turtles for helping me out!

attachment.php

Attachments

• kart0797comparison.png
    kart0797comparison.png
    6.3 KB · Views: 50,368
  • kusonicmd2fix.png
    kusonicmd2fix.png
    36.9 KB · Views: 50,396
  • kusonicmd2fix.png
    kusonicmd2fix.png
    36.9 KB · Views: 44,470
Another small update. Last one for a while, I swear.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Uekawa Sonic has been rebranded to Modern Sonic! He's been given entirely-revamped sprites -- with tremendous amounts of assistance from Virt -- and his topspeed has been bumped up by one in an attempt to make his playstyle faithful to the boost titles.

Attachments

• kart0369.gif
    kart0369.gif
    2.9 MB · Views: 48,423
  • skillz.gif
    skillz.gif
    5.8 MB · Views: 50,792
okay so forget what I said here's another update and the fourth bump in a row I'm sorry please carry on

attachment.php

attachment.php

Please welcome Rex from Xenoblade Chronicles 2 as the sixth character in the pack so far! He's a perfect compromise between the midweight/Metal Sonic stat pool.

He was also made to-scale with Lat's Pyra as reference, so if you want more Xenoblade 2, go check them out in their respective character pack.

Attachments

• kart0421.gif
    kart0421.gif
    3.2 MB · Views: 47,513
Another update! This time I've added my take on Amy, featuring a two-tone palette and slightly different stat pool.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• kart0455.gif
    kart0455.gif
    8 MB · Views: 47,429
  • kart0457.gif
    kart0457.gif
    2.4 MB · Views: 46,824
Brace yourselves, this update's a big one.

First and foremost, Haruka Amami has been added to the pack!

attachment.php

Her stats are 2 speed, 4 weight. Her acceleration and weight make her a good compromise for those who want more variety out of the Tails stat pool range.

Additionally, Azusa has received a brand new MD2 model to look more consistent alongside the other anime-esque MD2s in Jeck Jims' pack! A super big thanks to them for letting me build off of one of their existing models.
attachment.php

And in addition to that, she's received an update to her map/wanted poster icons to make them represent the character a little better than they used to. She should be much easier to make out, now.

And we're not done yet! Modern Sonic's MD2 has been updated (again) to reflect the new signpost sprite he received a few updates ago!

That's about it! Expect the rate of updates to quiet down after this particular version for the sake of making it easier to keep track of what's changed. I still intend to keep supporting this pack for a while, but for now, I'm slowing things down a bit.

Last edited:
giphy.gif

By the way, Haruka's stats are actually 2/4. I'm not sure if you just made a typo or if those were her intended stats but it seemed worth pointing out. Regardless, the 1-3 speed stat blocks are a personal favorite of mine so I look forward to playing her.

Have another update. I was going to hold off until the next character to publish these changes, but considering most of these are for bonuschars/1.1 compatibility reasons, I figured I'd push it out.

attachment.php

Modern Sonic, Gum, and Rex

• Given minor palette, spritework and shading tweaks.
  • Changed Gum's prefcolor from Mint to Lime to reflect her palette change.
  • Changed Rex's prefcolor from Sapphire to Navy to reflect his palette change.
and in addition to this...

Amy Rose (Modern ver.) > Amy Rose Plus

• Changed skin name from Modern Amy Rose to Amy Rose Plus for compatibility/clarity reasons.
  • Changed the name of her voice clips so that they don't overwrite Bonuschars' Amy's clips in certain circumstances.
Sakura Shinguji > Sakura Shinguji Plus

• Changed skin name from Sakura Shinguji to Sakura Shinguji Plus for compatibility/clarity reasons.
EDIT: Oh, and the .MD3 files have been moved over to Jeck's thread!

Last edited:
Hey Gawreluck. You know something? And I don't wanna be harsh, But here at the Kartkrew Discord server. We don't DON'T allow character requests. Seriously. Read the rules in the Discord server from KartKrew. You need to wait until someone comes up with the idea, Or make the characters yourself.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back