Kuba11's pack alpha version

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kuba11

^Avatar made by VOLT!^
Hello
Working on my level pack again, this time I decided to polish my CTF levels.
Changelog
WATER HALL
- overal visual changes (mainly removing purple textures in favor of grass)
- added another, upper path between the bases

VOLCANIC SHELTER
- removed secondary path from the right side of the map, in favor of another one on the left

ARCTIC FACILITY
- certain parts were retextured and the colormap was toned down

JUNGLE RUINS
- the level is not as cluttered as it used to be (still may need some work though)
- the whole level was redesigned to some extent (with exception of the middle part of the level)

The levelpack contains:
- 2 single player levels (one of them is garbage, but I feel sorry for it and thus cannot remove it)
- 1 race level
- 4 CTF levels

Credits:
VOLT , kyllian1212 - beta testing
Fawfulfan - shatter block sprites from tortured planet.
Spherallic - assetpack textures
And everyone who gave me criticism!

Thank you for trying it out and have fun!

Attachments

• srb20041.jpg
    srb20041.jpg
    173.3 KB · Views: 876
  • scrf_kubapack.zip
    22.1 MB · Views: 593
  • srb20009.jpg
    srb20009.jpg
    135.3 KB · Views: 550
  • srb20016.jpg
    srb20016.jpg
    165.1 KB · Views: 566
  • srb20019.jpg
    srb20019.jpg
    115.2 KB · Views: 494
  • srb20020.jpg
    srb20020.jpg
    135.2 KB · Views: 490
  • srb20030.jpg
    srb20030.jpg
    144.6 KB · Views: 533
  • srb20031.jpg
    srb20031.jpg
    164.8 KB · Views: 492
  • srb20038.jpg
    srb20038.jpg
    226.9 KB · Views: 508
  • srb20039.jpg
    srb20039.jpg
    153 KB · Views: 498
Last edited:
*First post*

Your pack has pottentiel. I love her very much. I preferred CTF mode as other.

Let's explain.

Level of fire in 1 player (forgot the name ...) Music: Volcano Valley Act 1 from Sonic 3D Blast Saturn, is not it?

Hmm ... from the beginning, I thought "this level will please me." I enter the cave, it pleases me even more [...]
The push-rock does not seem to agree. It is nature, huh ... I had the same comment for Dangerous Volcano of the competition.
I feel that your level is a gallery in a straight line. Until to the forest. Hey, while we're at, you forgot a texture here.

srb20003r.png

Besides, I think you've got a little abused on Ring Box in this part.

Returning to the volcano and spend on to another level. You might be (a tiny little bit) also abused on lava floor with platforms flying (if I fall, I get burned, that sort of thing. A little too much, perhaps ).

Race level (forget the name ...) Music: Sonic CD Quartz Quadrant American version, I think.

I Like half. Actually, I prefer levels volcanic that levels "water cave".
The part with the mirrors ... I am surrounded by bugs. Too many platforms 102, too many bugs, because too many FOF.
Water does not slow down too much because she is not above the size of Sonic, it's a good thing.

Level CTF-style "water cave" Music: ... Deep Sea Special from SRB2, I think.

It bugs a lot. Keep in mind this is a multiplayer mode. Near the bases blue and red, it's a little hard to pass, because I can fall into the water stream. The items are moderately placed, I have not found explosives, Rail and Grenade.

Level CTF style "volcanic" : Can you tell me the music? I do not know it and am interested.

Wow, it's good that I will like to play in multiplayer. The central passage in the cave purple is very good. There is no bug. The items are well placed.
The path between two frames is short and simple, all we ask. I think it is a level of competition ..

Good Beta. Continues.

Thank you very much for criticizm!

Lava depths is kind of ruined volcanic temple, so there are "push rocks" (you mean levers, right?), but i'll try to make them look more natural.

Sunken cave - I know that console is flooded with bugs when you play the level, but are you talking about bugs which involve gameplay? Which mirror room were you talking about? The one on the middle or the one on the end?

Water hall - Near the bases, if you fall into the water, there are a lot of springs that should help you get on your way. I made that water stream to make camping in water almost impossible.
explosives - they are in the middle of the map, in the room that is under the surface. You can get there easily if you take the alternate way to the base.
rails - in the bases there are springs that you can use to get on the higher level of the map. There should be a platform above the base's choke point, with rail ring panel on it. I you look right, you should see a small cave. You can find grenade rings here.

Volcanic shelter - The music is from shadow the hedgehog's level - "lava shelter"

Man, I had trouble writing this, hope you'll understand something from it.
Thanks again for criticizm!

EDIT : By the way, can you mark the missing texture for me (the one from lava depths) ? I just can't find it.

Last edited:
Thank you very much for criticizm!

Lava depths is kind of ruined volcanic temple, so there are "push rocks" (you mean levers, right?), but i'll try to make them look more natural.

Sunken cave - I know that console is flooded with bugs when you play the level, but are you talking about bugs which involve gameplay? Which mirror room were you talking about? The one on the middle or the one on the end?

Water hall - Near the bases, if you fall into the water, there are a lot of springs that should help you get on your way. I made that water stream to make camping in water almost impossible.
explosives - they are in the middle of the map, in the room that is under the surface. You can get there easily if you take the alternate way to the base.
rails - in the bases there are springs that you can use to get on the higher level of the map. There should be a platform above the base's choke point, with rail ring panel on it. I you look right, you should see a small cave. You can find grenade rings here.

Volcanic shelter - The music is from shadow the hedgehog's level - "lava shelter"

Man, I had trouble writing this, hope you'll understand something from it.
Thanks again for criticizm!

EDIT : By the way, can you mark the missing texture for me (the one from lava depths) ? I just can't find it.
Read http://wiki.srb2.org/wiki/Flats_and_Textures/Red_Volcano_Zone_Theme

Edit : Wait, what does it have to do with my missing texture?

Last edited:
I think IE is talking about the ledge to the right of Sonic in the screenshot, which has no grass edge texture.

Oh, I did that purposely, but I guess I'll just put that grass on the edge. Thanks.

Just played that. Nice overall, though I found some things that I think they should be modified.
1. On the singeplayer stage, there are too many ring boxes in the beginning, plus you mainly put rings in chunks rather than put them on roads, like the part before the first checkpoint with the lavafalls, loads of rings near the checkpoint, no rings in the lavafall "maze". Also, many platforms that looked like they were those kind that fall after you step on them don't break, making this stage ridicously easy. Another thing is the rain... You just start with it, but you have to hear the rain and thunders through the WHOLE STAGE, which is odd because 95% is in a CAVE.

I'll review the other maps later, I just need to go now.

No really, there ARE falling platforms...? I could just stand on every platform in this stage without it falling...

Excuse me from the very late reply ... I can not talk long, I gotta go.

The grass is repaired : well.

I speak of a room mirror on the end. But on the editor, it will be hard to solve this problem ... remove the sectors and find something else, hmm ...

Water Hall : Okay, so it is easy to backtrack ... but beware, eh. A guy at the top of this current sends an explosive bomb on the player who rising and ...* boum * ==> * splash * ==> * Grrrr * ==> * Rail * ==> * Dodge *.. brief.
I'll look for the items.

Thanks for the name of music.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back