• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

[SUGOI 2] Sonic Uncovers Banning And Realizes Anime Spoilers Hurt Intricate Ideas

Status
Not open for further replies.
So my Special Stage map attempt is almost certainly not going to make it in. (Haven't even gotten to getting it working in multiplayer or an actual map or movement for it). So I might as well show off a bit of what I had gotten done.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dc_dKAh4Gao
I'll probably continue on it and might show updates in another thread. Maybe it'll make it for next time, or I'll just make it into its own thing and release it by itself.

I haven't had time to play every entry before the polish deadline, sorry guys. As soon as I had a couple of reviews done, 2-5 more were submitted! I'll definitely need to look into getting more people to help me run this than just me next time, this was insane for one guy. But man, does it excite me too; the final product's gonna be great, I can feel it!

So, yeah, this ended officially on 12/31. If I end up doing a review post and you guys want to update afterwards, I'll let people do so via PMs or IRC.

Sorry about my map. Sadly I couldn't get to polish it because my PC messed up and therefore I cannot finish my level anymore.

On my Laptop SLADE doesn't work and personally using it is awkward anyway so... my level's not gonna be in.

I don't think it would've been in considering that it's original post got NO attention.

TehRealSalt, you should do a review post in any case :)

Even if people don't update their maps, or if you don't want them to since it's past the deadline, I think a lot of people will put their stand-alone map into releases afterwards and it's good to have any sort of feedback on hand in that case!

just found another issue with Twilight woods, The first checkpoint before the underwater path also triggers the check point at the rapids. Since the rapids one is found after it, it would make sense that the rapids one be the second one, not the first.

TehRealSalt, you should do a review post in any case :)

Even if people don't update their maps, or if you don't want them to since it's past the deadline, I think a lot of people will put their stand-alone map into releases afterwards and it's good to have any sort of feedback on hand in that case!

Yeah, I agree, Ice is right, you should probably criticise, give them the feedback they need, or a review like Ice said.

question, are we doing the hub system from last time or are we playing the the levels in progression this time?

This better be released before March, Dropbox is turning all free users public folders to Private, and i think there are contributors here who uploaded their maps on dropbox.

This better be released before March, Dropbox is turning all free users public folders to Private, and i think there are contributors here who uploaded their maps on dropbox.

All they're doing is defaulting the public folder to private, meaning people can't lurk your folder's items anymore. You can still link files with the share button, so not much will change from that, don't worry.

However it adds a few additional, annoying steps to using Dropbox to share your work here and the links will most likely end up broken, Just saying.

However it adds a few additional, annoying steps to using Dropbox to share your work here and the links will most likely end up broken, Just saying.

We need to deal with this later, try and polish your map. Or make it better so maybe TehRealSalt may update the(Joke: Teh Maps) Maps he gathered.

Mount Torval Act 1:

attachment.php

Here is the Level Picture:

attachment.php

Download:https://www.dropbox.com/s/ue9gv3yskrqc147/MountTorval.wad?dl=0
Title: Mount Torval Act 1
Credits: The Textures Belong to SRB2, Myself.
Maintainer Notes: This Level is a 3D, Normal level. This is the first map i created, no more!
This the first level i created in SRB2, i polished one final time, i think its ready for Sugoi 2.

Not much changes, level image and subtitle added!

Mount Torval Act 2:

This is level image now:
attachment.php

attachment.php

Download:https://www.dropbox.com/s/q66dmfqkydbtood/MountTorval2.wad?dl=0
Title: Mount Torval Act 2
Credits: The Textures Belong to SRB2, Myself.
Maintainer Notes: This Level is a 3D, Normal level. This is the second map i ever created.
This is the the final version, it was updated and its a bit bigger than the rushed version.
Hope you enjoy it. I think its ready for Sugoi 2. The stage is normal.

Script Fixed. Level image and subtitle added! I got rid of the unused maps!

------------------------------------------------------------

Well, yeah i think this is it, I could use a review now, or feedback, but i fixed the issues that were reported.
Its the first maps i ever created in srb2, and participated in a community project. So if they are bad, i blame myself, anyway i dont think that there are issues left. But if there is report now. Thank you Everyone who gave feedback, thanks Chaobrother for the review! Il be waiting for TehRealSalt's Review.

Attachments

• srb20051.png
    srb20051.png
    66 KB · Views: 307
  • srb20050.png
    srb20050.png
    83.6 KB · Views: 287
  • srb20053.jpg
    srb20053.jpg
    127.9 KB · Views: 923
  • srb20059.png
    srb20059.png
    88.7 KB · Views: 929
Last edited:
Though we haven't even had an update from salt on the pack's status, so maybe the update could get in?

But .... Polishing phase ended in 31st December.

I know but people were updating or submitting maps after deadline so, i decided to at least updated my maps, and fix all issues, so it can be perfect, right now i updated the links to it fully final version, i added images to the level in the map select, unless there is an issue, its not the final version.

Anyway, thats why i said:

Originally posted by Boo Himself>

We need to deal with this later, try and polish your map. Or make it better so maybe TehRealSalt may update the(Joke: Teh Maps) Maps he gathered.

So it least can come out perfect.

ok I just started playing Mt Torval act 2 and right off the bat I'm encountering untextured walls, non floating rings, and a dark room where you can't even see the badniks in there. If it were up to me, this level would have to be rejected from the pack due to lack of polish and submission past the deadline.

You also have duplicates of your level on map 16 with a start set too far into the level. and a really unfinished version on map 32

(Main map is map 10)

Ok after a minor change to map 16 (resetting where the player starts) I'm seeing the stage is more refined, but still lacks having the rings float, and you have a spring on a death pit sector. (locate right by the motobug spring thing)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back