[Open Assets] Sonic Robo Blast 2 The Past (SC_SRB2thepast1.01.wad + Mutiplayer and bonus)

This content may be freely modified and/or maintained by anyone.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's set up to require the 7 emeralds. But I guess I really should take that requirement out. However, this secret disables the mod's secret menu and you have to restart the game to unlock anything else.

I'll get right on that separate download for the multiplayer pack.

Last edited:
Tons of bugs and related things:

• Spelling. You obviously already know about it, but you should DO something about it anyway. You could at least use a spellchecker or ask someone else to help you out.
  • Is it me, or did you include ALL things in the levels, regardless of difficulty, just like you did in Mystic Realm? Please don't do this. It makes very little sense to have tons of hard mode enemies together with the additional springs from easy mode.
  • Colormaps are all messed up. The palette has changed and you should follow suit.
  • Just because the physics changed and that makes the red spring in 1.01's GFZ2 useless, that doesn't mean you shouldn't do something about it.
  • Same goes for the bustable wall in GFZ1. I don't know if it wasn't fully breakable in the original version or if it's a problem only in the port, but in case the second is true, do something about it.
  • The spikes in 1.09.4's GFZ1 are invisible.
  • The level select is screwed up. Several unlockable stages show up, and in multiplayer, even the special stages.
  • The MusicSlots for the multiplayer maps are screwed up.
  • Why is the SDURF "uncloneable"?
  • You should try to bring the old Egg Mobile back. It makes little sense to see the new one in an old arena.
  • Little suggestion: You could try to bring back the old shields and apply them to their specific levels. It shouldn't be that hard.

Issues:
Spelling: That's the last time I use notepad for cutscenes and scripts.

All things: Fair enough, but the act 2 Jetty-syns in GFZ stay.

Colormaps: I'm aware of this, and even tried to fix this in Red volcano, you can even open map 16 and check for yourself. The Color maps for one reason or another remain more red then orange, and I even opened 2.0's Red Volcaino to get the proper colors.

The broken puddle spring: Well I could lower the puddle.

Bustable wall: In the version where the map came from this is how it was built, but it worked like the current 2.0 breakable wall does. I left a note on the info card about it.

1.09.4 spikes: Well that's odd, I need to double check this before mod version 2K3.

Level Select: The plan is to use level select to make emblem hunting easier. Yes, this means that the GFZ set of emblems was added to the mod. The same will happen with Techno Hill.
The special Stages though, were a goof up.

Music Slots: How are they messed up? The music chosen corrasponds to the music slot they used in their respective version of SRB2. EX: Zero Ring in demo 3: Boss Battle. Zero Ring in Demo 4: Zero Ring's own music.

SDURF: Last time SDURF was cloned back in 1.09.4, the Clone left it's jump height controller beind at SDURF's Hardcoded thing slot. making the new SDURF's jump height unchangable. with no news on if this changed it was desided to just reskin the SDURF rather than make a inacurate working clone.

Old Boss: I haven't experimented with making custom bosses yet, but This will be my first attempt.

Old Shields: When I figure this out, I'll make a fusion of the Whirl wind and the lightning shield too. For other mods, not this one.

Main Mod and Multiplayer Only Downloads now avaiable.

Last edited:
All things: Fair enough, but the act 2 Jetty-syns in GFZ stay.
That's no problem, since they represent an important change.

The broken puddle spring: Well I could lower the puddle.
That would be the best solution. And since the water is opaque anyway, it wouldn't even be noticeable.

Bustable wall: In the version where the map came from this is how it was built, but it worked like the current 2.0 breakable wall does. I left a note on the info card about it.
I know. But you should really change it to work like it did in the original version. After all, it's more important to get things working than to preserve the original form.

Music Slots: How are they messed up? The music chosen corrasponds to the music slot they used in their respective version of SRB2. EX: Zero Ring in demo 3: Boss Battle. Zero Ring in Demo 4: Zero Ring's own music.
Then why does Meadow Match have THZ music? And why does Ring Crater have a remix that didn't even exist back then?

Meadow match was first in the Techno Hill's slot back in demo 3 and in Demo 4.35 it was in Deep Sea Zone's, Ring Crater on the other hand was my choice, though with how I handled the Demo 4 set I should change that.

I just now reviewed my music choice and find that 2.0's music slot 9 comes the closest to Demo 3's slot 8. So Ring crater is not getting a music change.

Work needed

I can maybe don´t know WHY have you bring back Old Levels of SRB2 but was cool.I guess needed6 months to edit it!Continue good Work.

The music didn't fit until version 1.08 of SRB2 when it was brought back for a one version run using Techno Hill's music.

Demo 3's TIZ originally occupied DSZ's slot and used its music which was already finished.

You're going to find that most multiplayer stages from demo's 3 and 4 will be using music that doesn't sound right. This was done to reflect what music actually played in those stages.

Last edited:
I recommend not using this wad in version 2.0.6 look at what he does, this is hacking, glitch or something.

o.O

2qs41hv.png

this file name are the Following:
MTF_SRB2thepastB4.wad
SCMTF_SRB2thepastB4.wad

I think if you have not updated in this very moment, would be a catastrophe.

This mod makes me want to go to the SRB2 website and download every archived release and outdated version I can find. Just to see what the real thing's like without the 2.0.6 stuff.

How old? 1.09.4? Demo 4 (Completely placeholder)? Anyway, the retro characters won't be in the next update.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back