• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Ray Tracing in Sonic Robo Blast 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Star

Not really a mod, but figured it could go here. Just working on getting this into Robo Blast 2. Loving the results so far, but its still got a lot of kinks to work out.

Current set of post processing includes ray tracing, depth of field, bloom, and some other minor enhancements. Also working on screen space reflections and ambient occlusion, though they're a little more wonky with the engine.

Progress so far:
https://imgur.com/a/ftKtpJB

When its done I will release it if anyone would like to use it.

Last edited:
That looks neat. I probably wouldn't use it myself all the time, but I appreciate the fact that something like it is possible, regardless, and could find some enjoyment in at least trying it out for fun once in a while.

Is this done through the custom shader support for WAD/PK3 add-ons, or through an external tool like ReShade?

Last edited:
This looks like a generic reshade plugin. Some of it looks pretty decent, like RVZ and that last GFZ shot, but overall it really doesn't look that good.

You will release it if anyone wants to use it? My pc may be slow, but I would absolutely LOVE to try this out. Please release it.

please tell me you are going with the time to make a ray tracing mod.

If you are only going to make a reedit of SRB2 gameplay, i'll be very sad :c

I'm very hyped

This is Wonderful!
There's a plug-in for PC players to get Ray-Tracing in SRB2, but it's unavailable to Android Users. I'd absolutely love to use this! Let's hope this is compatible with Saturn Dreams models, custom characters, no models, and custom maps!​
Imagine playing "Sol Sestancia" with this...
Keep up the good work!
Post automatically merged:

agreed, i dont see the grass in GFZ1 being shiny
It's grass. Why would it need to be shiny?

Not really a mod, but figured it could go here. Just working on getting this into Robo Blast 2. Loving the results so far, but its still got a lot of kinks to work out.

Current set of post processing includes ray tracing, depth of field, bloom, and some other minor enhancements. Also working on screen space reflections and ambient occlusion, though they're a little more wonky with the engine.

Progress so far:

When its done I will release it if anyone would like to use it.
Looks good!

Last edited:
Sonic Robo Blast 2: Wet Edition.

But now in all seriousness, i just hope this isn't one of those mods where everything just looks wet, tho it looks good in RVZ.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back