If Sonic CD was on Nintendo Switch what do you want to see on it?

A Sonic CD "re-remake" including Desert Dazzle, Knuckles, a level select and Super Sonic would be cool too...

Well, Knuckles would be cool, as well as a true final boss other than the fidget spinner that we fight in Metallic Madness. An eighth special stage would be cool too, allowing you to turn into a psuedo-Super Sonic like those S boxes in version 0.02.

Last edited:
Well, Knuckles would be cool, as well as a true final boss other than the fidget spinner that we fight in Metallic Madness.
Hahaha the "fidget spinner" is hilariously accurate! I wish Final Fever was an actual final level with a true final boss like they did for Sonic 3 & Knuckles.

An eighth special special stage would be cool too, allowing you to turn into a pseudo-Super Sonic like those S boxes in version 0.02.
Version 0.02 of Sonic CD remake right? Even Sonic 1 on mobile had that bonus chaos emerald with Super Sonic so why not here as well?

If it was my decision?
* Non-shitty time travel mechanics. (IMO, the super peelout should just trigger time travel automatically.)

There are a lot of problems with the way time travel is implemented but this wouldn't be a good solution. Time traveling should still require you to find a part of the level that will allow you to build up speed. It's just how the game is designed.

To be honest the Super Peelout may looks cool but this is just an alternate, spinless version of the spin dash... I'm fine with seeing it in Sonic Mania and Sonic 3 Complete as an added bonus but it's not mandatory.

Also Time Twisted implemented time travel in a better way than Sonic CD.

I meant the 0.02 prototype, but that works too.
Ah yes, the "Salad Plain" version.

I wonder why Sega didn't allow Whitehead to implement Super Sonic as a post-game bonus (like after getting all Time Stones or finishing the game with both Sonic and Tails)

Time Travel being connected to speed in Sonic CD is the single cock-blockiest mechanic in the entire franchise, considering the level design is more aggressively impeding your momentum with obstacles here than any other title.

I'd change the Time Posts to work like Star Posts... you flip the post, and a portal/warp ring appears.

If we must keep TT's connection to speed, then make it so that the warp portal only appears if you hit the post at top speed. So, you can flip the post a bunch of times gently, but only running past at top speed triggers the warp portal.

You'd find the Time Post, charge up a Spin Dash or Super Peel-Out, and release. Spinning the Post creates a Sonic 1-style Warp Ring in your immediate path, so you can maintain the intended Back to the Future-inspired feeling of going super fast to disappear in time.

Last edited:
Time Travel being connected to speed in Sonic CD is the single cock-blockiest mechanic in the entire franchise, considering the level design is more aggressively impeding your momentum with obstacles here than any other title.

I'd change the Time Posts to work like Star Posts... you flip the post, and a portal/warp ring appears.

If we must keep TT's connection to speed, then make it so that the warp portal only appears if you hit the post at top speed. So, you can flip the post a bunch of times gently, but only running past at top speed triggers the warp portal.

You'd find the Time Post, charge up a Spin Dash or Super Peel-Out, and release. Spinning the Post creates a Sonic 1-style Warp Ring in your immediate path, so you can maintain the intended Back to the Future-inspired feeling of going super fast to disappear in time.
Something similar to Sonic Time Twisted?

I'm not familiar with it but maybe yeah idk
You should check this fangame, it's not as good as Mania nor BTS/ATS but it's still a nice spiritual sequel to Sonic CD.

So you want the Boost formula in Sonic CD. Huh.
I normally disagree, but I respect your opinion.
I'm pretty sure it was a joke but I'll be honest, if CD got drop dashing it would make it a bit faster considering how slow the original game was.

On a side note I find it curious how some of what are considered as the best Sonic game aren't that fast (like Colors not having a lot of boosting, especially compared to Unleashed and Generations because of the 2D sections and emphasis on the Wisps or CD with the more vertical level design and its emphasis on exploration).

Honestly, I already enjoy the game the way it is. That's not to say that it cannot be improved, just that vanilla CD is already a great game. Anywho here's what I would like to see -

Desert dazzle coming back would be a joy, but possibly reviving R2 would way past cool.

Why wasn't`t Knuckles the chuckles in the 2011 port? He could definetly bring a whole new experience to the table. Amy could work too.

Make special stages worth playing. While they are quite fun to play, they are only there if you want to 100% the game. Adding a Super Sonic of some kind would make the game much more fresh.

And finally, the option to choose which theme would play in which stage (example - having the US theme for PP play in act 1, and then have the JP theme for the bad future in act 3).

Althought, if sonic CD were to get a re-release under the Sega Ages branding, it would probaly just be a port of the Taxman version.

Honestly, I already enjoy the game the way it is. That's not to say that it cannot be improved, just that vanilla CD is already a great game. Anywho here's what I would like to see -

Desert dazzle coming back would be a joy, but possibly reviving R2 would way past cool.

Why wasn't`t Knuckles the chuckles in the 2011 port? He could definetly bring a whole new experience to the table. Amy could work too.

Make special stages worth playing. While they are quite fun to play, they are only there if you want to 100% the game. Adding a Super Sonic of some kind would make the game much more fresh.

And finally, the option to choose which theme would play in which stage (example - having the US theme for PP play in act 1, and then have the JP theme for the bad future in act 3).

Althought, if sonic CD were to get a re-release under the Sega Ages branding, it would probaly just be a port of the Taxman version.
I would agree that Sonic CD itself is a very fine game (even if it suffers from the flaws of Sonic 1 considering that it was basically Sonic 1.5).

The Taxman port could've been much more honestly... especially since the lack of a Super form and level select makes it so getting all Time Stones isn't that useful outside of seeing a different cutscene (like in Sonic 1).

As for Sega Ages I'm sure Sega won't port the mobile remake like how they didn't for Sonic 1 nor 2.

I would agree that Sonic CD itself is a very fine game (even if it suffers from the flaws of Sonic 1 considering that it was basically Sonic 1.5).

The Taxman port could've been much more honestly... especially since the lack of a Super form and level select makes it so getting all Time Stones isn't that useful outside of seeing a different cutscene (like in Sonic 1).

As for Sega Ages I'm sure Sega won't port the mobile remake like how they didn't for Sonic 1 nor 2.

Why woudn't they port the 2011 version? Sure, times have changed, but Sega proved that they are much more willing to port that version to different platforms than sonic 1 and 2.

Why woudn't they port the 2011 version?
They would've already done it, the Switch could easily run it.

Sure, times have changed, but Sega proved that they are much more willing to port that version to different platforms than sonic 1 and 2.
Where?

Anyway why couldn't they change it again by including stuff from the 2013 remakes of Sonic 1 and 2 as well (like having a playable knuckles or a stage select after finishing the game).

I would even like if they managed to make you choose the music per stage rather than switch it entirely.

Anyway I'm not here to make a rant but Sega could do better about their classics...

They would've already done it, the Switch could easily run it

Well, I guess that's true.

Sure, times have changed, but Sega proved that they are much more willing to port that version to different platforms than sonic 1 and 2.

Back when it released, Sega actually ported it to different platforms for seemingly no reason when compared to the other ports.

Anyway why couldn't they change it again by including stuff from the 2013 remakes of Sonic 1 and 2 as well (like having a playable knuckles or a stage select after finishing the game).

I would even like if they managed to make you choose the music per stage rather than switch it entirely.

Anyway I'm not here to make a rant but Sega could do better about their classics...

It's quite unfortunate that, if sonic CD ever get's ported to switch, it would probaly be the original version with a high quality intro and the same additions as the other Sega Ages re-releases.

What's Sega's problem anyway?

Between the musical license problem with Sonic 3 (and or without Knuckles), the fact they won't port the mobile remakes to PC and CD to the Switch and the fact that they won't even port some modern sonic game to the newer gen...

They're really missing a lot by only making Genesis collections as well...

Back to Sonic CD: I got a bit frustrated when I learned that you couldn't go back once you reach Metallic Madness Act 2 because I had 6 Time Stones out of the 7...

Getting 50 rings to the end of the level is one thing, but having to go back to the past, find the cage and hologram and repeat for every acts (except the boss one) is a bit tedious... even worse since Tails doesn't even get the good ending when he managed to find every ones.

This is why a Sonic CD definitive edition is mandatory to compliment the visuals and musics of the game.

What's Sega's problem anyway?

Between the musical license problem with Sonic 3 (and or without Knuckles), the fact they won't port the mobile remakes to PC and CD to the Switch and the fact that they won't even port some modern sonic game to the newer gen...

They're really missing a lot by only making Genesis collections as well...

The fact we don't get that stuff truly fill's me with sad boi hours.

Back to Sonic CD: I got a bit frustrated when I learned that you couldn't go back once you reach Metallic Madness Act 2 because I had 6 Time Stones out of the 7...

Getting 50 rings to the end of the level is one thing, but having to go back to the past, find the cage and hologram and repeat for every acts (except the boss one) is a bit tedious... even worse since Tails doesn't even get the good ending when he managed to find every ones.

This is why a Sonic CD definitive edition is mandatory to compliment the visuals and musics of the game.

You are very much correct. Sure, I don't find it as tedious because I've beaten the game way to many times, but it's still is quite frustrating. In my first few playthroughts, I could find everything except the holograms and that damn bad future generator in MM2. CD's level design really isn't best. Also, the fact that Sega probably won't a make full-on remake/definitive version or even just a re-release of the 2013 remakes and some modern games is very dissapointing.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back