[Open Assets] Zelda-Style Ocarina (ocarina.wad)

This content may be freely modified and/or maintained by anyone.
Status
Not open for further replies.

FuriousFox

AKA FuriousFox
This is the ocarina from Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask. Press Custom Action 1 to bring up the Ocarina, then use the 1-5 keys to play notes (if you changed your weapon switch keys, these may be different)

The script recognizes several songs from both games and causes similar effects in SRB2. Type SONGLIST in the console for a list of songs and how to play them.

Song of Storms - 1 2 5 1 2 5
Causes a thunderstorm to start.

Sun's Song - 3 2 5 3 2 5
Changes night into day, and day into night. Doesn't work on maps where day/night can't be determined.

Elegy of Emptiness - 3 4 3 2 3 5 4
Create a statue of your character.

Song of Double Time - 3 3 1 1 2 2
Gives you Super Sneakers.

Song of Soaring - 2 4 5 2 4 5
Teleport to a random activated starpost.

Song of Time - 3 1 2 3 1 2
Restarts the current level.

Minuet of Forest - 1 5 4 3 4 3
Warp to Greenflower Zone.

Serenade of Water - 1 2 3 3 4
Warp to Deep Sea Zone.

Bolero of Fire - 2 1 2 1 3 2 3 2
Warp to Red Volcano Zone.

Requiem of Spirit - 1 2 1 3 2 1
Warp to Arid Canyon Zone.

Nocturne of Shadow - 4 3 3 1 4 3 2
Warp to Egg Rock Zone.

Zelda's Lullaby - 4 5 3 4 5 3
Context sensitive. Plays a jingle if successful.

Oath to Order - 3 2 1 2 3 5
If you have 7 emeralds, turns you super.

---

Version 1
Initial Release

Version 2
Added Oath to Order - Turns you into Super Sonic (if you meet the requirements)
Added new areas to use Zelda's Lullaby in GFZ2, THZ2, and DSZ1
Added markers to show where Zelda's Lullaby can be used
Added full ocarina songs being played when the song is successfully played on the ocarina
Added PLAYSONG console variable to change how the full song plays
Camera now shows character from the front while playing ocarina
All object thinkers (except for the player) are now stopped while playing the ocarina (Single-player only)

Version 2.1
Fixed camera falling through the floor in multiplayer (Oops)
Fixed Oath of Order not working for all characters
Oath of Order now works while having a shield
Oath of Order no longer requires 50 rings. All you need is 7 emeralds.
Oath of Order now gives 50 rings if you have less than 50 rings

Version 2.2
Fixed compatibility with 2.1.15

Version 2.3
Fixed an error where other wads that called functions on player standing frames were interfering with the Elegy of Emptiness statue.

Attachments

• srb20018.gif
    srb20018.gif
    599.6 KB · Views: 1,831
  • srb20019.gif
    srb20019.gif
    790 KB · Views: 1,574
  • srb20020.gif
    srb20020.gif
    2.5 MB · Views: 1,571
  • srb20022.gif
    srb20022.gif
    4.6 MB · Views: 1,350
  • srb20024.gif
    srb20024.gif
    5.9 MB · Views: 1,463
  • srb20025.gif
    srb20025.gif
    2.2 MB · Views: 1,575
  • srb20026.gif
    srb20026.gif
    1.8 MB · Views: 1,417
  • srb20027.gif
    srb20027.gif
    480.5 KB · Views: 1,334
  • ocarina-v2.3.zip
    11.7 MB · Views: 1,739
Last edited:
Alright, everything here checks out. Welcome to releases!

Quick update for anyone who already downloaded, I just noticed a bug where the script would error if you finish a level after playing Elegy of Emptiness. This error has been fixed and a new WAD has been uploaded.

New sprites for Elegy of Emptyness?

In Majora's Mask, when you played the Elegy of Emptyness as Link, you get Ben Drowned. Could you by any chance incorporate new sprites like Sonic.exe and Tails Doll as heartless soldiers?

I think it'd be pretty cool if the Ocarina stopped mobj thinkers while active, actually. It would help avoid that game over issue, at least.

It would also be neat if the camera rotated around the character to face it with an ocarina sprite at the character's mouth, as well.

Oh man. I've been hoping someone would do this kind of lua soon. Really great work FuriousFox! :)

also...
In Majora's Mask, when you played the Elegy of Emptyness as Link, you get Ben Drowned. Could you by any chance incorporate new sprites like Sonic.exe and Tails Doll as heartless soldiers?
new sprites like Sonic.exe and Tails Doll as heartless soldiers
Sonic.exe and Tails Doll
0sweat-0304-lg-90754169.jpg

wew. oh boy.

Why do people think that "Ben Drowned" is scary to begin with? And even if he was, it still doesn't justifies ruining this wad with god awful creepypasta designs.

Still, I have to confess my love for this piece. I never knew how much I needed something like this in the game until now.

Last edited:
This is just a little nitpick of mine, but could you possibly have the notes play longer instead of a 1 sec beep? It seems to be very sudden, having it just last for one second, then instantly stop. It should sound smooth in the way the notes are played.

Otherwise, well done! Loved it.

Ehh, I don't know...

I think it'd be pretty cool if the Ocarina stopped mobj thinkers while active, actually. It would help avoid that game over issue, at least.
Done, but only for single player.

It would also be neat if the camera rotated around the character to face it with an ocarina sprite at the character's mouth, as well.
Not sure if I can do an Ocarina at the sprite's mouth, since different characters have different mouth locations, but how does this look?
YCogIIN.png

This is just a little nitpick of mine, but could you possibly have the notes play longer instead of a 1 sec beep? It seems to be very sudden, having it just last for one second, then instantly stop. It should sound smooth in the way the notes are played.

Otherwise, well done! Loved it.
The sounds I used for the ocarina were labelled as loopable, however they sounded terrible when I actually tried to use them that way. I'd like to make it so the sound continues as long as you hold down the key, but I need to find some better sounds first.

---

I'm working on an update for this, hopefully I should have something tonight or tomorrow.

That looks fine. I could be a nitpick and tell you to view at a 45 degree angle for Cinematic effect, but this is fine as it is.

UPDATE!

Added Oath to Order - Turns you into Super Sonic (if you meet the requirements)
Added new areas to use Zelda's Lullaby in GFZ2, THZ2, and DSZ1
Added markers to show where Zelda's Lullaby can be used
Added full ocarina songs being played when the song is successfully played on the ocarina
Added PLAYSONG console variable to change how the full song plays
Camera now shows character from the front while playing ocarina
All object thinkers (except for the player) are now stopped while playing the ocarina (Single-player only)

About the 'Oath to Order' tune, it seems pointless to use it since Sonic can transform by tokking in the air.

I tried using it in a few situations such as;

• Sonic with Shield

• Tails

• Knuckles

When Sonic has a shield, using the song has no effect, thus rendering the song useless.

When used with Tails and Knuckles, I got an error
srb20000.png
If Sonic can't use the song with a shield equiped and Tails & Knuckles are unable to make use of the song, what's the point.

It still works like intended with Sonic without a shield.

Another update:

Fixed camera falling through the floor in multiplayer (Oops)
Fixed Oath of Order not working for all characters
Oath of Order now works while having a shield
Oath of Order no longer requires 50 rings. All you need is 7 emeralds.
Oath of Order now gives 50 rings if you have less than 50 rings

Why have you started changing the name of the WAD file every version? This means that, whenever players want to load it up, we have to either dig through the SRB2 directory looking for the file or have the current version memorized at all times, and if we don't want the directory getting cluttered with outdated versions, we'll have to go digging at least once per update anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back