Custom Music

Status
Not open for further replies.

.hack

I have a custom level named carnival night.
In the WAD, there is a music file named D_MAP01M which is the music in a midi format.
In the map header, I have the line MUSICSLOT = 01. The map plays the music for GFZ1. Anyone have any ideas?

ok, I changed the header line to MUSICSLOT = D_MAP01M, and now I get no sound. the MIDI plays fine in windows media player, any other ideas?

Make 2 lumps. O_MAP01M and D_MAP01M.

Use the same song for both lumps. You see, SRB2 defaults to OGG music. And since you only used the MIDI header, it won't find any OGG music, and will not play anything at all.

It defaults to the OGG version of the music over the MIDI. If you want to use a MIDI as the only song type in the stage, choose a slot without music already in it. It'll see that there isn't an OGG version, and go to the MIDI as backup.

.hack said:
ok, I changed the header line to MUSICSLOT = D_MAP01M, and now I get no sound. the MIDI plays fine in windows media player, any other ideas?
Er, left it as MUSICSLOT = 1 like it was before (sidenote: does SRB2 respect trailing zeroes? I'm not sure if 01 actually works). Your change will make SRB2 don't understand it at all.

OK, thanks. I asked because the level header guide says that you must NOT put trailing zeroes when inserting numbers (at least for the LEVEL field (the only one without an equal sign)). I didn't understand if this was just a must or a remark about that you didn't need to do that.

I feel like an idiot, because I still can't get this music to work, even though I've been playing with it all day. Here's the text of my header

LEVEL 1
LEVELNAME = CARNIVAL NIGHT
ACT = 0
MUSICSLOT = 01
NEXTLEVEL = 2
TYPEOFLEVEL = 4097
SKYNUM = 29
WEATHER = 0

I then have a MIDI file named O_MAP01M (the map is MAP01)
anything I'm missing?
(thanks for everyone's help)

In your private settings, yes. As a game function, the only thing I can think of is turning it down in a music editor.

In short, turn your own settings down. Anyone else can do the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back