Silver The Hedgehog [dot pk3]

did anybody get a Hook-breaking error with the lastest version?
I have. Here's what I did:

• Spawn an MT_PLAYER object using Terminal
  • Attempt to pick up said object
  • The Telekinesis hook breaks; can't pick up stuff anymore
YPY8qL.gif
Code:
WARNING: silver.wad|LUA_SILV:1483: attempt to index a nil value
Hook removed.

I have. Here's what I did:

• Spawn an MT_PLAYER object using Terminal
  • Attempt to pick up said object
  • The Telekinesis hook breaks; can't pick up stuff anymore
-gif-
Code:
WARNING: silver.wad|LUA_SILV:1483: attempt to index a nil value
Hook removed.

Oh, makes sense. The script checks if a player object is holding toss flag, yet Terminal-spawned players are roughly lifeless statues who don't even have a ".player" thingy, I assume.
That's not really my fault as you're not supposed to encounter such objects in the first place lol, but either way, this is fixed, you cannot pick them up anymore. Thanks for the report.

Silver has taught us that pain and suffering is no obstacle to him.

a4cf9e864a.gif

Sorry for bringing up the bag of bugs, Lat =P

I didn't do much, I simply ran and spinjumped, and watched him soar.

This allows him to get to some high places without needing to use the Psychoboost at all.

HeartyAdventurousBlueandgoldmackaw-size_restricted.gif

I couldn't reproduce this, even while pause buffering and fooling with the controls. What did you do to accomplish that?

Last edited:
I couldn't reproduce this, even while pause buffering and fooling with the controls. What did you do to accomplish that?

I performed the slide using the original method (skid + spin), then jumped the literal second the slide started, while still holding skid. It took quite a bit of timing to reproduce after I first discovered it.

Last edited:
You may want to know, but at lines 156 to 165 in LUA_SILV there are some problems:

Code:
do
	for i = 0,#mobjinfo
		if (mobjinfo[i].flags & (MF_ENEMY|MF_BOSS|MF_MONITOR))
			addHook("TouchSpecial", SJump, i)
			if !(mobjinfo[i].flags & MF_MONITOR)
				addHook("ShouldDamage", SJumpDamage, i)
			end
		end
	end
end

"mobjinfo[#mobjinfo]" isn't a valid mobjinfo entry. Make it "for i = 0,#mobjinfo-1" instead.

The reason I'm telling you this is that future versions will actually detect invalid mobjinfo entries properly and give you console warnings for them, and as a result silver.wad seems to break in 2.1.15 beta builds currently. =P

V 1.1.4294967296 patch is out!

Welp, I'm really sorry for the amount of patching it's all taking, and I wouldn't surprised to have to release another one soon, but here goes.

Changes include;
-Fixed the slide Hi-jump glitch
-Manually spawned player objects cannot be picked up anymore.
-Applied MonsterIestyn's above fix for 2.1.15

-Changed few HurtMsg.
-Silver still doesn't feel pain.
-I had to use my calculator to get the version number right

Sorry to say it, but I just broke a hook in version 1.1.4294967296 of Silver.
I fought Metal Sonic in a mod, then at the same tic (or close to the same tic) as I destroyed Metal Sonic, LUA_SILV broke.
The fix seems to be extremely simple, though. Just change "plyaer" at line 786 to "player".

I'm sorry to say this, but Silver might need another patch.

-Hold the Custom 1 and the Jump button, then start running. After Silvers first Jump, he'll start doing... something that makes him faster and faster.

V 1.1.1,844674407370955*10^19 patch

V 1.1.1,844674407370955*10^19 patch is out!

All of the above issues were fixed.
I might need a better calculator if I'm going to release more patches, which is obviously the case.

876367sdfgh.png

Last edited:
Why not just call the next version 1.2?

Edit: Hm. I found a very minor probably-visual-and-audible-only bug in version 1.1.18446744073709551616.
If you stand (or probably just in general exist) in shallow water and hold Spin, the water will splash about as if you're running in place.
Let go of Spin, and the water stops splashing. This doesn't happen when fully submerged nor above water.

Also, to save you some money on a calculator, the next version number for you to use is either going to be 1.2 or 1.1.340282366920938463463374607431768211456, whichever you prefer.

Last edited:
1.1.340282366920938463463374607431768211456 patch is coming sometime soon, maybe.

So I heard V 2.1.15 is out
So, I'll be clear. The current Silver works fine in 2.1.15 but gives an error message that DOESN'T BREAK THE GAME! (yes!). This will be fixed with the next update featuring some stuff such as some hot new NiGHTS sprites for him! ...which I'll implent by stealing toaster's lua obviously. *cough*

By the way; for the next update, the psychokinesis bar will work fine with any (high enough) software resolution.

EdibleFilthyAmoeba-size_restricted.gif

Anything too low / out of range won't display the unredeable message telling you to go buy a new monitor because I have better to do than helping you having this thing work with your old windows 98-era monitor, but will simply default to the green resolution offsets, so don't worry.

Edit: Hm. I found a very minor probably-visual-and-audible-only bug in version 1.1.18446744073709551616.
If you stand (or probably just in general exist) in shallow water and hold Spin, the water will splash about as if you're running in place.
Let go of Spin, and the water stops splashing. This doesn't happen when fully submerged nor above water.

Was supposed to let Silver use spinning-activated platforms and stuff, but it doesn't work anyway, so fixed.

Why not just call the next version 1.2?
Because you gave me a way not to HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Also, to save you some money on a calculator, the next version number for you to use is either going to be 1.2 or 1.1.340282366920938463463374607431768211456, whichever you prefer.

Dont make the next version 1.2, thats too mainstream

....hoping it wont need any more fixes

Don't copy the Lua, aaaa! It'll conflict with F. Sonic, and then all the memeing kiddlywinks on the Master Server won't be able to have the Three 06 Hogs added at the same time anymore...

Instead, use the F. Sonic NiGHTS API, as documented in LUA_NDRF. That means that the NiGHTS sprites will be changed only when you have both wads loaded, which is slightly better than working if only one .wad is loaded and breaking if there's two...

also can i suggest 2.0

V 1.1.1,844674407370955*10^19 patch is out!

All of the above issues were fixed.
I might need a better calculator if I'm going to release more patches, which is obviously the case.

876367sdfgh.png

The best error that i've seen lol.

1.2 patch is out

Yes, 1.2, not 1.1.largernumber.

Changes include...
-Added full compability with 2.1.15, the out of range error won't happen again.
-Sliding down a slope now gradually speeds you up and ends up making you roll! On the reverse, sliding up one slows you down faster.
-Software resolutions between 1280x800 and 1920x1200 included now have fixed offsets for the Telekinesis gauge! Other resolutions use default ones.
-Super Silver no longer has its own flash speed as 2.1.15 fixed the eyesore glow. As well as a part of the script was removed due to characters accepting SF_SUPER in their S_SKIN.
-Silver can now fire red rings again.
-No NiGHTS sprites, sorry, but if they conflict with FSonic, we'll wait for 2.2 and its decent sprite freedom.

There probably won't be any more update until V2.2 comes out since everything seems to be fixed and working.

noooooo i deliberately put all that work into the extendible nights system and you just say "welp i can't copy the script outright so it's not happening"... Maybe I should make a tutorial so people have no excuse.

(also congration on the release)

Uh, i don't know if this is a 2.15 glitch, but when i use silver, your icon, a silver tails, and derpy silver comes up when i run.
Also i cant use any abilities.

Were you using separate wads? Did any error come up in the console? Because all this should be fixed and NOT happen, especially the running frames problem.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back