Resource icon

[Level Pack] R. A. Extended v3.1 - "SUPER! GBJ! HOTFIX!" Edition

Welcome to the Record Attack-Ex pack, where speed is the name of the game. This is a completely unique set of levels designed to push you to your absolute limits.

-Stardust Drive zone-
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

-Monster Monarch Zone-
attachment.php

-Super Rainbow Road-
attachment.php

-Cosmic Eclipse Zone-
attachment.php

v.3.1:
Super Rainbow Road
-Fixed an issue where an issue where players would get stuck in a deathloop
-Lowered the steepness of slopes for better visibility
-Widened particular problem areas for better mine evasion

v.3.0:
New level - Super Rainbow Road
New level - Cosmic Eclipse Classic

Cosmic Eclipse Zone
-Removed the left path after the ice sheet to stop Regal Wall (And because it was FREEEEE)
-Changed textures for clarity
-Thinned rainbow strips
-Adjusted several powerful cuts
-Removed the initial item-set to tame RNG

Stardust Drive Zone
-Seaside-Proof patch-fix
-Straightaway aerial deathlane fix for those unlucky bouncers
-Eased the difficulty of the final turn by... Adding an arrow

Monster Monarch Zone
-Checkered off-road now changed to normal floor
-Minor Checkpoint change for SPB's sake
-Attempted to fix that one sloped section that growth users get caught in

v.2.4.1:
-Fixed an exploitable bug in Stardust Drive where players would refuse to die when falling into part of a certain pit
-Mitigated an issue with an rare bug in Cosmic Eclipse where your momentum refused to carry after the space minigame (An actual fix will happen in the future)

v.2.4:
Stardust Drive Zone
-Removed Balloon Cut to let Monster Monarch retain it's exclusive gimmick
-Removed pesky midair invisible walls on the quarteripe that were long forgotten

Monster Monarch Zone
-Further optimization of framerate
-Detailed the bottom floor with fog, a new portrait (Sorry, Tag.) and a few other things to make it spookier (They won't hurt you.)
-The friction-less tiles have come back (and I'm not sorry about it.)
-The bouncing spikes have been replaced with easier to dodge maces

Cosmic Eclipse Zone
Another newer layout change to make the course accessible to newcomers
Proper starting level redesign
Removed a lot of sneaker panels
New cuts added for catch up
SPB/Mine/Eggbox are all now consistent across the entire level
(Mine/eggbox will still knock you up for longer)
Certain areas have now been adjusted to let you spend less time respawning
I'm TERRIBLY sorry for all the trouble I've put you all through with these redesigns.

v.2.3:
Stardust Drive Zone
Proper musical loop!
-Minor signage add-ons and fixes for beginners

Monster Monarch Zone
Proper musical loop!
-The friction-less tiles have been turned into weak-offroad and all cuts have been adjusted to reflect this.

Cosmic Eclipse Zone
-Reduced particle effects and half-light/lighting effects to improve performance
-Minimap update!
-Faster Space section!
-Gravity has been split to remove off-course frustration!
-90% of short gaps have been removed with ice clean-up!
-New Spiral section

-Metal Sonic is a good boi again

v.2.2:
Hot-fix patch that had an exploitable bug I couldn't remember.

v.2.1:
Stardust Drive
-Shrink+Easy+1/1statblock is A-Okay! (But why, though?)
-Fixed the rolling start's jank (I hope)
-Removed invisible walls inside the moon room, but added more checkpoints to compensate
-Redid the entire set of death planes to prevent anyone from repeating a lap, ever again
-Reduced spinning mace frustration
-Reduced a couple of excessive item boxes in the beginning
-Tidied up textures and put in some much needed signage and guidance arrows
-Cleaned up the balloon hop and added a nice hill to jump off of in the second quarterpipe
-Removed certain... Favorite skips

Cosmic Eclipse
-Has received many quality of life adjustments!
-Minimap added
-MusicID updated (and loops)
-Everyone gets a fair start in the space minigame!
-Redid the checkpoint system
-Reduced the depth of all deathpits

-Removed a certain replay that was causing sigsevs for players
-Tamed a lot of pesky ice that added nothing but frustration
-Added safety rails and safer traverse options to a few turns where I demand that you prove your ability to sliptide
-Added several new cuts including one that sends you to space for failure
-Overall increased the speed of the level

v.2:
Not much, other than... A new map and update to all maps, including a return of an old favorite.

v.1.6:
Placeholder update to fix conflicting map IDs

v.1.5:
Monster Monarch
-Reverted the balloon cut difficulty nerf
-HOWEVER, failing the cut is now significantly less punishing
-Adjusted the difficulty of the spiral cut
-Fixed waypoints
-Added a sound effect. :D

v.1.4:
Stardust Drive
-Small quality of life fixes!
-Made a certain area around the spiked mace no longer bonkable
-Added a few guide arrows for newcomers
-Removed physics from certain slopes so you won't die to SPB
-Removed problematic exploding toads (Sorry, Waifu.)
-Lower the ramps in the beginning of the map. (Go crazy, I guess.)

Monster Monarch
-You guys asked and I delivered.
-Nerfed the difficulty of the spiral spring and balloon cut.
-Sweetened the deal of the normal route since the balloon cut is now far easier.
-removed certain slope physics to better the flow
-Added Super's vertex fix to smooth out the spiral turn

v.1.3:
Stardust Drive Zone
-Has been given a terribly ugly Encore palette for clarity's sake. I will give Stardust a full makeover in the future~

Monster Monarch Zone
-Increased the width of certain roads to feel less claustrophobic
-Increased visibility for all hairpins
-Fixed checkpoints to function properly
-Eliminated sudden walls that would frustrate beginners
-Included WAY more options to traverse!
-Removed certain deathpits
-Includes a new Record Attack ghost to show you the ropes on how to succeed
-Included more Kart Community portraits! (Feel free to message me if you'd like something added!)
-No, really. I fixed that pit everyone kept falling into.
-Has been given a terribly ugly Encore palette for clarity's sake. Monarch will get a proper Encore palette in the future~

v.1.2:
Monster Monarch Zone
-Complete overhaul of Monster Monarch! There are WAY too many changes to mention, sadly.
-But there's a little bit of something for everyone in there.

Stardust Drive Zone
-Stardust has received another set of bugfixes across the board!
-Items and SPBs now work properly on the straightaway start
-there's a wall sector so people can't drive backwards and grief players
-Fixed any and all darkness to discourage item hiding
-Respawn-key'd over all checkpoints to make sure they work properly
-Cut the new quarter pipe exploit and all other skips (except one intended one)
-Combi now works properly!

v.1.1:
- Fixed an issue that allowed players to clear the level early
- Fixed clippable walls

v.1:
- Base Release. Contains two maps.

If you have any other comments, bugs or concerns, please let me know!
Your feedback is much appreciated!
Current MapIDs In Use
MapPC - Monster Monarch Zone
MapPE - Cosmic Eclipse Classic
MapPF - Stardust Drive Zone
MapPG - Super Rainbow Road
MapPH - Cosmic Eclipse Zone
MapPI - Monster Monarch Classic

Supporters / Co-Authors:

Attachments

• kart0011.gif
    kart0011.gif
    4 MB · Views: 27,845
  • Pic1.jpg
    Pic1.jpg
    177.4 KB · Views: 3,708
  • kart0409.gif
    kart0409.gif
    7.3 MB · Views: 24,459
  • kart0025.gif
    6.2 MB · Views: 19,748
  • kart0123.gif
    2.1 MB · Views: 17,655
  • srrnns.png
    srrnns.png
    672.3 KB · Views: 1,886
  • KRL_RA_Extended-v3.1.pk3
    22.1 MB · Views: 4,603
Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome to releases! I've been watching the progress of your map over Discord for quite a while, so I'm happy to see it finally come out with polish! While it may not have the minimalism I was going for with 3 Color Drive, it makes good use of assets to provide a feel of its own. My only real gripe was this part right here were I ran into this.. not a wall. Aside from that, excellent work!

Attachments

• kart0070.gif
    kart0070.gif
    974 KB · Views: 653
Welcome to releases! I've been watching the progress of your map over Discord for quite a while, so I'm happy to see it finally come out with polish! While it may not have the minimalism I was going for with 3 Color Drive, it makes good use of assets to provide a feel of its own. My only real gripe was this part right here were I ran into this.. not a wall. Aside from that, excellent work!

I will fix both that AND the skybox as I had to axe the original for better frames!
Also, I will take any and all other critiques you all may have~
Thank you for the kindest of words!

Awesome!

I just had a play through this and I love the additional polish added!

Watching the progress being made on discord was really worth it! I haven't got alot of problems with this either outside of what D00d said. Also music choice, fantastic.

I hope to see more maps from you!

Update Time! (v.1c)

v.1c:
-Fixed an issue that would allow players to clear a lap from the second set of red springs, skipping half of the map
-Added lighting to some boost panels, making them more visible

Hey, how did you make that rolling start? It’s amazing! And the Track seems really cool too. Cant wait to try it out
I arleady solved it, it was easier than i thought

Last edited:
Is that my Daytona Mod you were using for the preview? I need to see if it already has a time set up for it...

...Guess not just yet. But I'm going to RA it, and see how well I do. Then from that, and your ghost, we might be able to decide on a time limit for the Daytona Mod and/or the upcoming Race the Clock (or whatever I'd call it once it's finished)

Edit: Is it me, or does the minimap feel... off? It's like it's off centred or something.

Last edited:
Hello!
First off I wanted to say I absolutely adore the aesthetic of this level, the music, and the track's design itself. It has quickly become a favorite on me and my friends' server.

That being said it has a couple issues keeping it from being perfect.

First is this jump:
attachment.php

it seems to have some issue where after hitting this jump most of the time you get put into a constant spinning state that makes it hard to control your character as evidenced in this gif.

attachment.php

The next issue is the subsequent jump, the one in this picture:
attachment.php

The issue here is the deathplane is so high up it's incredibly easy to clip it even if it seems like you should easily make the jump. This is also even more common with the spinning issue from the previous jump slowing you down.

My possible recommendation to fix this is maybe put in an extra boost pad earlier and also add an incline before the jump so you have some initial height over the deathplane.

(also this is a more personal issue but we all love combi mode and this one jump makes it impossible in combi mode pls fix :'( )

The final issue issue I don't have a picture for, but the course seems to have a hard time properly tracking the placement of the racers. I've had many races where I will be miles ahead of everyone in first place and I'll see the place marker fluctuate between me being in 1st, 5th, 2nd, 7th, and so on. This wouldn't be that big of an issue if not for the fact that it also affects what items you get. Due to this I've had multiple times where in first place it thought I was in 4th when I got an item and gave me invincibility or super boost.

But even with these issues we adore this map and make sure to play it everytime we play. Keep making maps man we love em!

Attachments

• kart0007.png
    kart0007.png
    63.1 KB · Views: 14,937
  • kart0060.gif
    kart0060.gif
    3.6 MB · Views: 15,006
  • kart0009.png
    kart0009.png
    68.2 KB · Views: 14,891
Lots of big changes!
v.2a:
-Complete overhaul of the course! Your prayers for a balance between sneaker panels and items have been answered!
-Fixed an issue where the racers would pass the starting line before the countdown. (Your rolling start is in full bloom!)
-Fixed an issue that would would cause all of the way points to go haywire. (Not 100% sure but it's WAY more accurate, now.)
-Redesigned and re-centered the minimap
-A new skybox! This includes you lovers of the "FOV 110 cam_dist 110" playstyle!
-Fixed an error that would cause OGL users to not be able to see in the tunnels
-Fixed the death-plane/Out-Of-Bounds so that SPBs and other knock-ups wouldn't immediately re-spawn you from hitting the death ceiling. (You're going to have to hold that L, now.)
-FIXED AND ALIGNED SO. MANY. TEXTURES. (Still working on fixing the tunnel graphics in a future update.)
-Nerfed the Record Attack Ghost~ He should be much more manageable, now.
-Got rid of the fun, spinny time on the second quarter-pipe. [Sadly, it was intentional.]

Hopefully your servers should now be a-okay!
If you have any other comments, bugs or concerns, please let me know!
Your feedback is much appreciated!

Last edited:
v.2b:
-Fixed an issue where players couldn't clear the jump to the first quarterpipe. (Your combi/Growth shenanigans should now be functional!)
-Added guard rails to the moon room and lowered the outside slope. (You bounce lose less time for mistakes and don't fall off in the entire moon room.)
-Cleaned up the arrow textures in the moon room. (They should be less invasive, now.)
-Lessened the deathplane area of the quarterpipes. (It should now feel less restrictive, though you will still die if you try to skip to the finish.)

v.2c:
-Extended said ramp so that even 1/1-1/9 statblock characters can now make the gap with ease. (All ramps should now be clear-able!)
-Added another 2 toads for player enjoyment. (They're not in the way.)

Now introducing...

Stardust Classic! - A standalone map made with love and fun in mind! Redesigned with the quality of life and polish from the official version with the thrill of speed from the original! Go for broke fighting the new Staff Attack and enjoy your very own taste of Map Heaven! Also, take your shot at beating the new Daytona time set for it by Latius!

v.2d/1.1:
-Fixed an issue where players somehow GBJ'd themselves at the beginning of the map by blowing up. (I don't know how you managed to do it. I'm impressed.)
-Added color support for Encore to be implemented in a future update.

Last edited:
Just did some testing of the v.2d and I have to say I love it! had nearly no issues whatsoever when playing it and I love all the small graphical changes as well!

Literally the only issue we came across was in combi mode the gargoyle would spawn above on the deathplane at the start, but there's a workaround for it so it's very minor.

v.2e/1.2: (Hotfix edition)
-Fixed an exploit that would allow players to complete the level earlier.

Also, you said that a gargoyle spawns on a deathplane? Got a screenshot?

Last edited:
attachment.php

the gargoyle only spawns in if there's an odd amount of players and it spawns once the race has started, it seems to spawn in too high and lands on the deathplane.

But like I said, it's a pretty specific issue, and it can be fixed by driving backwards till it falls off.

Attachments

• kart0010.png
    kart0010.png
    65.1 KB · Views: 13,910

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back