Senkuserv 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Senku Niola

Drifting Golden Swordsman
(UPDATE) 03/02/10:
Update to some graphics here and there along with a collision modification for all replaced enemies.

(UPDATE) 10/27/09:
Ported from 1.09 to 2.0 Senkuserv returns. I've updated some stuff, downgraded other stuff, and removed some stuff as well.

srb20020.png

Crawla 2.0: Same as the 1.09 Crawla 2.0 except now 2 times the original speed, like the Goopers.. uh Aero-Crawlas they have the same see/lose player AI except they have less seeing range.

srb20013-1.png

Goopers/Aero Crawlas: Well they no longer drop goop unfortunately, it kept bugging up with 2.0 so I just updated them so they are a faster Crawla that can float to any height. They will change target if they lose track of a player from a certain distance or a wall.

Hummers: These sorta pesky guys are faster than Buzzes, and make a distinct sound so it's easy to know when one is nearby. Also these were made by scratch, not by editing the Buzzes sprites themselves other than using the cyan block. (Credit to InstantSonic for paper sketch design http://th08.deviantart.net/fs15/150/f/2006/360/9/c/SRB2___Buzz_by_InstantProductions.jpg )

srb20009.png

Metal Flowers: Sprites updated a bit since the 1.09 replacement

srb20010.png

Skimmer: Same as your normal Skims.

Springs: All Vertical springs are replaced by customarily made ones. ( people are a bit lazy on the diagonal ones :< ) [Water killed the shading in this screenshot]

srb20012.png

Red Team: Replaced by Senku graphics.

srb20011.png

Blue Team: Replaced by Sinkoo graphics.

There's more stuff in there, go find em.

Here's a mirror: http://www.freewebtown.com/driftersseries/Wads/senkuserv20.wad

Attachments

• Senkuserv20.zip
    213.6 KB · Views: 997
Last edited:
Ugh, the Silver and Beige colors are a TERRIBLE idea, and I am so glad that the Red and Blue thing is (Probably) hardcoded, so we don't have to go through the mess of constantly confusing opposing team members and other things as our own. Also, those first things are ugly, and that one light-ish red shade on the Crawla 2.0 shouldn't be there, and I really prefer the awesome new skims over the ones you made. Add to it, the spring bases (the grey part on the bottom) look too simplistically shaded compared to the rest of the sprite. Try giving it that "roundish" shading the other parts of the spring have.

Aside from the springs, nothing catches my eye here.

Shouldn't this be in the Miscellaneous Sub-Forum? All this does is replace/add some new sprites and SOCs. >_>

Fixed everything including the springs. Mirror added too.

I'm also up for any suggestions for CTF, I only used grey/beige cause I had no other use for them and they mainly suited the character I have that would be against each other sorta; I mean it's called SENKUserv and all you know I'd add SOMETHING me related somewhere in it. I COULD do a Senku (Red) vs Sinkoo (Blue) so it'd work better and actually used red and blue again, though the flags would only have minor differences; the sunglasses.

Last edited:
Yes it should be. Whoever moved this, MODs are only source code modifications.

Moved.
If this is so then it should probably be written on the forum description.

That's totally not me refusing to take the blame for screwing up.
Totally.

Neway, I do rather like this mod. Though as others have said, the whole Beige/Silver thing is a bit much.

This looks good, but some things seem odd: Nitemare's head icon in the flag is a bit more small than senku's, and like Dood64 said, those things on the bottom of the skimmers don't look very round.

I am SO going to get this and probably have all your characters in my server too.Keep up the good work! and this will probably change my mind of CTF as am bored of it,but... can't you make the Red team steel and blue Beige?

You could do Beige (Senku) vs Purple (Senya). There would be a very clear difference between teams and you could still have it themed according to your characters.

Also, I have to agree that the springs don't look too appealing from the screenshots. Though I should hopefully be able to give more constructive criticism after I've played it.

I'd personally leave it as red vs blue simply because it makes it easy to tell the difference. You can change the faces, just don't mess with those colors because they're important.

Well Mystic, the whole red vs blue thing can get old easily if EVERYTHING uses it, that's why I wish there was a way to use different colors without needing to program everything. For now I'll just make it Senku vs Sinkoo when I get the change.

Red versus blue is the standard for a reason, though. It works exceptionally well. Both colors stand out at a distance and are easy to differentiate. You'd have to be severely colorblind to not be able to tell the difference between red and blue. You could theoretically use red and green as the colors, but I think blue is the standard just because it stands out better in most situations. and doesn't look bad when set as 0000FF, where 00FF00 doesn't look very good as a texture color.

Fine then. Instead of something completely different Beige: (Senku) vs Grey (Nitemare), we shall get recolors; Red (Senku) Vs Blue (Sinkoo). So much for something different. :<

Some things are industry standards for a good reason, though. Red vs blue is one of those things. Being different because being different brings something new or interesting to the table is often good, but being different just for the sake of being different isn't generally a good idea. Changing the colors for the CTF teams just feels like being different just because you can, not because it genuinely provides a benefit.

But I CAN'T change CTF though, it would require coding the rings to use new colors, or code the rings to use separate sprites. :P

But I CAN'T change CTF though, it would require coding the rings to use new colors, or code the rings to use separate sprites. :P

If you're wondering, it's just colours, that's why there are no sprites for rings in the cfg. They're green.

Also, the suggestion of Senku and Senya would fix things up since they are pretty damn different. Hell, I still attack my own players if they scare me so it doesn't matter.

Update, new enemies added to the pile. Credit is given in the first post.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back