hello. I've seen a lot of gameplays of your 3d models (actually, only mecha sonic gameplay but seeing this models makes me happy because they are fantastic) but , even if i follow the tutorial you write, i don't know how to activate them.Does someone know (or do you know) some visual step by step tutorial so i can see what to do? Many thanks to everyone in advance for the help

hello. I've seen a lot of gameplays of your 3d models (actually, only mecha sonic gameplay but seeing this models makes me happy because they are fantastic) but , even if i follow the tutorial you write, i don't know how to activate them.Does someone know (or do you know) some visual step by step tutorial so i can see what to do? Many thanks to everyone in advance for the help

1. What version of SRB2 are you playing? Make sure you're up-to-date on the latest patch. You should have v2.2.8. If you're unsure, launch the game and look at the bottom left corner of the start screen. It should say your version number there.

2. Do you have models enabled? In order to use models, you have to go into the settings to change the renderer from software to OpenGL. Then go down to OpenGL Options, and turn on models.

3. Do you have a Models.dat folder in your SRB2 folder? This file tells the game what models to look for. Since Jeck Jim's models are included with the base game now, the file should just be there. Open the file. If your computer doesn't know what program to use to open it, tell it to use Notepad. Once it's open, scroll down to the bottom, hit Enter to make a new line, and copy/paste this:

DERP MMODELS/DERP.md3 3.0 0.0
DIRK MMODELS/DIRK.md3 3.0 0.0
WHIRL MMODELS/WHIRL.md3 3.0 0.0
SKIP MMODELS/SKIP.md3 3.0 0.0
SMS MMODELS/SMS.md3 3.0 0.0
SMSO MMODELS/SMSO.md3 3.0 0.0
HMSO MMODELS/HMS.md3 3.0 0.0
MECHASONIC MMODELS/MECHA.md3 3.0 0.0

Even if you don't have all of these characters, it won't hurt to have some extra code there.

4. Do you have the models downloaded? Download the zip in the link and unzip them into the Models folder. Now launch the game, activate your character add-ons, and you should be good to go.

1. What version of SRB2 are you playing? Make sure you're up-to-date on the latest patch. You should have v2.2.8. If you're unsure, launch the game and look at the bottom left corner of the start screen. It should say your version number there.

2. Do you have models enabled? In order to use models, you have to go into the settings to change the renderer from software to OpenGL. Then go down to OpenGL Options, and turn on models.

3. Do you have a Models.dat folder in your SRB2 folder? This file tells the game what models to look for. Since Jeck Jim's models are included with the base game now, the file should just be there. Open the file. If your computer doesn't know what program to use to open it, tell it to use Notepad. Once it's open, scroll down to the bottom, hit Enter to make a new line, and copy/paste this:

DERP MMODELS/DERP.md3 3.0 0.0
DIRK MMODELS/DIRK.md3 3.0 0.0
WHIRL MMODELS/WHIRL.md3 3.0 0.0
SKIP MMODELS/SKIP.md3 3.0 0.0
SMS MMODELS/SMS.md3 3.0 0.0
SMSO MMODELS/SMSO.md3 3.0 0.0
HMSO MMODELS/HMS.md3 3.0 0.0
MECHASONIC MMODELS/MECHA.md3 3.0 0.0

Even if you don't have all of these characters, it won't hurt to have some extra code there.

4. Do you have the models downloaded? Download the zip in the link and unzip them into the Models folder. Now launch the game, activate your character add-ons, and you should be good to go.

HOLY MARY MOTHER OF JOSEPH . i've found the problem. 1 yes, i have srb2 v2.2.8. 2 yes, models where enabled. 3 Heres the problem. I don't have the model.dat folder. I have the base models folder. 4 yes, i've unzipedd the mmodels and i've inererted it in the models folder. How do i found model.dat folder if i can't find it?

Models.dat isn't a folder, it's a file. Go to your SRB2 folder and search for a file named "models." You sure it isn't there?

Models.dat isn't a folder, it's a file. Go to your SRB2 folder and search for a file named "models." You sure it isn't there?

Nevermind. I've resolved and played some stages with 3d mecha sonic and 3d sms and Hms. At least i finded it before raging (i get angry very easely). So, yeah, thanks for the help man.

How do you use the models? I downloaded them and put them in the models folder but idk what the line part is, can you explain?

Version 1.08 is out!
-Added Milne to the models supported!
-Dirk and Whirl can now dance.
-Super Dirk supported as well.

attachment.php

attachment.php
attachment.php

Guide with Photos you stu-

*Sigh* Guess this thread needs a little help.
Here's a guide to use these with photos to help you out. Hopefully people can go back to this whenever they need help again
Note: This is made for Windows users. Mac and Linux users can most likely just use another text editing program.

First, download the zip file.
Then put the folder inside in the models folder.
unknown.png

Then find your models.dat (Yours will have a different icon if you haven't set a program yet)
unknown.png

Open it with Notepad. Now all you have to do is copy-paste the "Code" anywhere you want! I suggest either putting it with other characters or at the end of the file.
models_-_Notepad_1_14_2021_9_03_29_AM.png

Make sure to save the file. (Ctrl S)
AND make sure to go into OpenGL and turn models on.

That's it! It's quite simple.
srb23726.gif

Last edited:
Back