mt_squarestadium

Status
Not open for further replies.

sphere

Developer
Sonic Team Junior
My second map released into public (out of the bazillions I've made already), Square Stadium. Basically, this is just a generic battlefield themed map.
Some screens: (outdated, but i'm too lazy to update them)
srb20013.png

The center of the arena.
srb20012.png

Not the center of the arena.
srb20014.png

Overview from a platform.

And finally, the download link.
New Download Link
Have fun! (and do not chat about how bad it is in some random chatroom)

[random facts deleted because no one cares]

Can I ask why this was trashed? Judging by the screen, there was effort put into it, which is all that matters.

Moved.

This level is playable. I don't think there is any reason to make it trashed. As long as it is playable to a point, I don't see why it can't be in releases.

Level it out a tiny bit and add something underground, maybe? Makes it slightly easier to find people and adds a bit of variation.

I must say though, from the screenshots I didn't really think much of it, then I played around in it and found it to be rather good. It may look like a bunch of squares from Doombuilder, but there's actually an interesting idea here. Unintentionally or not, you've actually made Knuckles and Tails more playable, since Tails can fly around much easier than Sonic can thok, and Knuckles can glide and gun the whole map bar a few places.

Not perfect by far, but certainly better than a lot of the shovelware we trash.

Next thing you know someone will make a paintball ring that makes people change colors and then use this as a paintball matchmap.

This is a really neat idea, simply because of how it's surprisingly complex. While browsing through it, Sonic really has quite a hard time maneuvering this stage. Perhaps some more flatness would help.

That was a completely worthless post.

When this got released, everyone in #srb2fun was talking about it like it was a piece of crap. I didn't think it was ALL that bad, so I played it solo (couldn't host for some reason, it happens randomly). I thought it was fun, and later I played it in Chrome's server. I had a blast.

UPDAET

Thank you Kitsune, for the positive comments. Good to know my map works in netplay (I can't host, for too many reasons), and that at least some people enjoy my map.
And no thanks to you, Sasa, for such a unnecessary post.

[rant]But wow, people chat about that my map is so bad without me knowing it? That is really lame. Seriously, if people are gonna say my map is bad, let me know why and I'll (probably) fix it. No words can describe how pissed off I am now![/rant]

(Also, on a more happier note, the first post is updated with the newer version.)

But seriously, that is so **** childish and lame.

Don't evade the curse filter, either type the whole word, or all asterisks read this topic for details. Link

Your map isn't bad, people just look at it instead of playing it. The design looks generic in screenshots and Doom Builder but the level plays very well.

Re: UPDAET

Spherallic said:
[rant]But wow, people chat about that my map is so bad without me knowing it? That is really lame. Seriously, if people are gonna say my map is bad, let me know why and I'll (probably) fix it. No words can describe how pissed off I am now![/rant]

Welcome to the SRB2 Community. Enjoy your stay.

In the meanwhile, seeing as I'm getting back into SRB2 thanks to SRB2ME, I'll try this out in a bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back