Official Level Design Contest: May/June

Status
Not open for further replies.
I repeat, Akira, do you use IRC/go to the SRB2 chatroom? If you did, this would be MUCH easier.

Yeah, go on IRC, Akira. You don't have to join a chatroom, just be on the same server, and PM me. That'll work. I use Esper, not Access.

Here are some screenshots of my Super Mario themed level.
Name still pending.
Outside the castle thing. <--It's a link.
Inside the castle thing. <-- Also a link.
All rise for our national colors. <-- You guessed it!

I love my flag. It rocks.^_^
I wanted to do the MARFLAG texture for that... But, it seems to cause crashing...

I'm planning to add an underground part.
And rings, just so those smarty-pants' know.
Maybe a Koopa Shell or two... I STILL don't know what those things are supposed to do, but they're fun. :mrgreen:
And power-up blocks. Can't have a Mario-themed level without those! ^_~
No fire flowers... 'Cus they'd be redundant. Since you can already shoot.

By the way... Does setting the TypeOfLevel in the Map Header so it's a Mario-type level turn off RingSlinger? Or, does that only happen when there's a Fire Flower in the area?
'Cus, I think one time, I was doing a netgame... Tag in Mario Koopa Blast I. But, we couldn't shoot rings. We could only shoot if we had a Fire Flower... And we shot bouncy fireballs. :?

WAD SHOWCASE TIME! :)

A Bird's Eye View of Arabian Nights:
an29rl.gif

Touch this teleporter and:
an39gv.gif

BAM! You're in the pyramid! :
an49hd.gif

And you can get out using this:
an59gk.gif

POWAH!

Why not? Can stand up to the sheer POWAH of Arabian Nights?

I have to say, that looks really neat, bigboi. Interesting concept.

srb20001.png

Here I have a screenshot of the first wad I intend to submit. I haven't named it as of yet.

srb20007.png

Pictured here is the other wad I've been designing. This is what my Snow Hill map should have been.

Tets said:
I have to say, that looks really neat, bigboi. Interesting concept.

srb20001.png

Here I have a screenshot of the first wad I intend to submit. I haven't named it as of yet.

srb20007.png

Pictured here is the other wad I've been designing. This is what my Snow Hill map should have been.

Thank you! Are your maps SP? They kind of look like it.

They are multiplayer. I do have some ideas for a single player level, but as to whether or not I can create one in a month's time remains to be seen.

I got to hand it to you bigboi, a pyramid level was one of my first ideas after reading the tutorial, and i couldnt do what you did: get inside the pyramid. Pretty awesome man.

Looking at these screenshots, I'm going to put my bets down that this may well be the most successful contest we've ever had. And no, December doesn't count (That ended up being more of a "Quanity over Quality" thing.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back