Resource icon
The Abstraction pack has been updated. One new race is available. There have been minor tweaks to some of the Wanderer Cup with this patch.

This pack is easily one of my favorites. I really enjoy the huge variety of locations, and the music choices fit perfectly as well. Great work!

Thank you Sunnyside, I am glad you like it!

Abstraction Pack has been updated. This patch fixes key issues with the recently released Flesh Eden (MAP U5).

The Abstraction Pack has been updated. This is a minor update which changes some map slots to prevent conflicts. The file limit has increased with kart v1.2; I highly recommend checking out as many custom courses as possible.

There is a ton of variety for these stages that I enjoy from this pack.

Though I'm a bit concerned about the walls near the end of Futuristic Boardwalk Zone, are they supposed to be transparent in the gif below? Something tells me this might have been an oversight.

kart0000.gif

Yes phasing through that midtexture is intentional, I am looking into a texture which fits the themeing and looks like you can pass through it.

Regardless, Abstraction Pack has gotten a meaty update.

I never thought Flesh Eden was a Boss Fight in Kart! Dude, We need More Boss Battle courses in SRB2KART!

Abstraction Pack has been updated. This is a minor update which fixes critical issues with Flesh Paradise and Flesh Eden.

The Abstraction Pack has been updated. This update introduces a course as well as patches to the Wanderer Cup and Flesh Eden.

I love the pack, but I have a lot of issues with how Cosmic Rift Zone is balanced.
The shortcut right at the start is absurdly strong, not even perfect play can keep players away from taking the shortcut, because it pretty much saves 10 seconds, so the common strategy is just to sandbag for sneakers and take it, get an absurd lead and win.
The way deathplanes are placed in the map also feel really weird. In some instances you fall for 2 seconds, sometimes you die instantly after falling off, sometimes you die for going too high and hitting a ceiling deathplane even when you could've survived.
I hope you consider revising that one shortcut, because the game has a dire need for technical maps but the shortcut degrades the map's quality a lot.

The strength of that shortcut in balanced netgames was brought up to me in the past, but I would like to preserve it. In unbalanced netgames Cosmic Rift is the only stage I've noticed that will have players lagging up to a minute or more behind first place with several players No Contesting. This is even with the current, strongest implementation of the shortcut. It's also the most convenient place to put a shortcut. It originally was an unintentional gap to the other side which saved 10 seconds and you could do it every lap. It then changed to slow down the player so it would only save ~2-5 seconds, but the breakable rocks caused the game to lag for everyone and the glue needed to make it work made it a race-ender should someone get stuck in it by accident. With knowledge I have gained between that shortcut implementation and now I could bring something like that back without the glaring issues which forced me to remove it in the first place, but I also want to keep its full strength to give much less experienced players a fighting chance.

The logic with the death planes is that they were either placed to prevent exploits or kill players quickly if they had no chance of coming back onto the track. Some death planes are currently omitted due to the difficulty of placing them on the track without running into some other issue. If there are any particular death planes (or lack thereof) which strike you as odd, please let me know so I can take another look. I will not guarantee that the punishment for death will be consistent along the track.

yo any idea on how to actually beat flesh eden? got it on random as a hell map and thought the concept was pretty sick but when I dash on that path/ramp to the sbp core i just kind of get hit

You grab a lightening shield at the start, destroy the enemies with the shield, pick up the blue orbs they drop, activate the hyudoro to go over the path while making sure to grab another lightening shield before going onto a path. You just need to detonate the shield near the SPB core; you don't have to collide with it. There's a record attack ghost which serves as a tutorial to the stage if you have Hell Attack unlocked.

Chaobrother updated Abstraction Pack with a new update entry:

Introducing Windy Valley and Flesh Eden Changes

View attachment 51599
This update introduces a multitude of general changes, an upgrade to lua, a new stage and stability revisions for Flesh Eden. KL_AbsP-ParadiseIllusion-v1 is no longer needed.

General
  • This level pack now uses lua due to the requirements of Windy Valley and patching Flesh Eden.
  • It uses customtracks.dat to preserve RA compatibility. This gamedata is shared with other level packs.
  • Record attack ghosts for Cosmic Rift...

Read the rest of this update entry...

A minor update.

Welcome to 3.7a part 2, it's been a while. It will be some time before I can make a major update so I wanted to get these critical fixes out of the way for now.

Windy Valley
  • The performance heavily optimized; the paper sprite fans were dragging performance down. Special thanks to Ashnal for helping me with this.
  • Removed physics on the wavy road in the Autodemo Section.
  • Resolved a thing conflict with Excitebike Arena.
Forbidden Monolith and Cosmic Rift Classic...

Introducing Hysterical Trinket and SS91 Miracle Lancer!

It's been over a year since my last update! While this is not a big finale, I hope that you find this update enjoyable.
View attachment 81184
This update introduces the last map to Abstraction Pack's standard line up, Hysterical Trinket (MAPZI) (name subject to change). SS91 Miracle Lancer was reintroduced along with an early rework of the paradiseillusion script. General fixes are also included in this update.
Make sure to update the Level Headers for...

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back