[Open Assets] Logan McCloud's Low Poly MD2s 2.0 (NOW WITH KART)

This content may be freely modified and/or maintained by anyone.
Kart just got MD3 support, so you may want to retarget.

I'm actually interested in your workflow, since I have a MD3 export plugin for Blender that I modified, and also built some other MD3 tools for editing the metadata and such.

Wha....whaaaaat whoa. I JUST finished all the assets and karts too and was just getting ready to update. But this is very very good news. MD3s are way better.

My workflow must be similar then because I also use a personally modified md2 exporter. I'd be interested in those md3 tools since tool hunting for this stuff on defunct websites with broken links was a pain the first time.

Yeah I'll be sure to dedicate some time to going over my workflow and maybe even the style guides I made for this pack.

Kart just got MD3 support, so you may want to retarget.

I'm actually interested in your workflow, since I have a MD3 export plugin for Blender that I modified, and also built some other MD3 tools for editing the metadata and such.

w h a t
This is F a n t a s t i c !

I'll be open-sourcing the MD3 tools here in the next few days, time permitting.
The Blender MD3 export plugin (that works with the CURRENT version of Blender) is also a rare find, so I'll provide that, too.

Yo Kiylo that's pretty cool looking. No facial expressions was a price to pay for genuinely lower poly counts (Sonic himself is only 630 triangles, including his extra meshes)

However... FSonic has a separate model for Super Sonic... I could use that idea there! If you don't mind.
well your the mod creator, you do what you want ^^ (sorry for the late response by the way)
wait do you need the png?

well your the mod creator, you do what you want ^^ (sorry for the late response by the way)
wait do you need the png?

Nah it's alright! I made my own, but it was your idea and I didn't want to just take the idea without asking first.

Since it's going to be a few more days before I finish everything, I'll just put out these pngs for FSonic's super texture early.

Attachments

• SUPR.png
    SUPR.png
    6.4 KB · Views: 642
  • SUPR_Blend.png
    SUPR_Blend.png
    4 KB · Views: 514
Nah it's alright! I made my own, but it was your idea and I didn't want to just take the idea without asking first.

Since it's going to be a few more days before I finish everything, I'll just put out these pngs for FSonic's super texture early.

oki dokie!

Wonder if there could be support for Changeable Secondary Color https://mb.srb2.org/showthread.php?t=39775&page=3

Also found that there 45 frames for most characters than 4 XD Effort.

Sonic, Fsonic ,Tails, TailsCD, Knuckles, Shadow, Dirk and Inazuma support this.

I'll look into secondary color but it probably won't work out because of how the effect is handled (probably get z-fighting issues).

Yeah I'm aware of the extra frames. They've been in since the first release for the characters supported (except FSonic's special stage intro, which I'm going to add).

Man, I can't believe my main man Knuckles was treated as second class and didn't get the needed TLC, since both Sonic and Tails got actual quality models, I was hoping he would too.

This is great! I'm really looking forward to future character mods compatibility, as well as the Kart one!.

MAJOR UPDATE guys!!

Kart compatibility is OUT and I even made a video to celebrate the occasion:
https://youtu.be/i8q3z5ZQ5h8

I've also added a wadless download for Vanilla so you don't have to fuss with stuff.
Also added Tails CD and yes... the man of the hour... at last...
attachment.php

Also, he's getting his own trailer that I, unfortunately, couldn't finish in time for this release.

Attachments

• knucklesishere.png
    knucklesishere.png
    640 KB · Views: 4,977
OK, this is Extra Epic, seriously what an Amazing work!.

And finally my boy knuckles has been added properly!.

Last edited:
I believe there are two different Motobugs. Also, I have Kart Wads of Feet Tails and Feet Knuckles. I could send them to you if you like. It wouldn't be too hard since you use the animations from the Vanilla Game. I would like to see the WIP of Mighty the Armadillo

I absolutely love these MD2s here, my friend.
Quality animations, quality textures, and just pure love put into it.
Plus the trailers wich are just beautiful we don't deserve them I think

...May I Suggest doing a Shantae MD2 for SRB2Kart?
It's more than fine if it can't be done.

Last edited:
I like Knuckles is here but no one is providing gameplay of him in any way I think i might re-download the pack. Are there any characters you to have MD2s in this style?
(I basically just want to know what you're planning next)

What's the status of updating the rest of the game? When I played, I only noticed that the first level is basically done but things like the bosses in the other levels are all still 2D sprites.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Back