[Open Assets] Logan McCloud's Low Poly MD2s 2.0 (NOW WITH KART)

This content may be freely modified and/or maintained by anyone.
This is an amazing MD2 pack. Its great, really.
Just one tiny problem...

What did you do to Knuckles???

Maybe is a placeholder, but to fill the void of no knuckles model, he made.... whatever-this-is-called-Knuckles...

so when i boot up the game the top portion of the screen is stretched like crazy and things like the goalpost are glitched out. any help?

Last edited:
This is a great mod.

Not kidding, it really is, i like the models, and uh... Knudead. Yeah that sounds about right. Better than Jeck Jims.

Bidoof64, I have no idea what that is, it sounds like an opengl glitch (in which case I won't be able to help) but a screenshot would let me know if it's something I can help with.

I'd rather not be compared to other developers, I'm still new to the community and I'd rather make friends.

Last edited:
im assuming knux isnt... done
Ds4lI9iWkAEiK1z.jpg

just a hunch, ok to be honest this made me laugh

Last edited:
What if there was a wadless version of the main enemies? (the main badniks that need the wad, there could be a verison that doesn't need that.)

I hope that you make MD2s for Hedgefox, Edgefox and NoUseFox. That would be pretty funny. Yet cool.

I also talked to Jeck Jims
Me:Do you have plans on help Logan McCloud with his MD2s since your MD2 pack is pretty much complete beside Kart
Jeck:Not really, I mean if he has questions I have no problem helping there but he seems to have it covered

Last edited:
I'm working on doing some wadless support, but it's low priority since I want people try out using the animated textures to make some things look nicer (like the crawla treads and my new sprites) at least to see what you can do with animated textures. (Would love for animated texture support outside of the wad).

I don't know who those characters are, I don't really plan on doing fan characters since it cuts into my time for regular support and my job.

I'm glad to hear he's willing to help with questions! :D But I think I agree I pretty much have it covered at this point. Most of my questions I had when I first started working on this pack have been answered through trial, error, and tons of research.

Besides, I've employed pretty strict limitations on myself for the style and workflow of this pack and I wouldn't want to have to be strict to someone else. :<

unknown.png

so i saw that super sonic doesnt have those angry eyes and thought of doing this

Everything good seems to be in the package

Can't believe no one though of popping this boi here
srb20004.jpg

Yo Kiylo that's pretty cool looking. No facial expressions was a price to pay for genuinely lower poly counts (Sonic himself is only 630 triangles, including his extra meshes)

However... FSonic has a separate model for Super Sonic... I could use that idea there! If you don't mind.

Yo Kiylo that's pretty cool looking. No facial expressions was a price to pay for genuinely lower poly counts (Sonic himself is only 630 triangles, including his extra meshes)

However... FSonic has a separate model for Super Sonic... I could use that idea there! If you don't mind.

Fair warning that Fsonic still uses some animations from the base Sonic set.
Not that it would be totally noticeable either way.

Fair warning that Fsonic still uses some animations from the base Sonic set.
Not that it would be totally noticeable either way.

Yup, he's been in the pack since the beginning so I know his quirks, he borrows from FSonic's jumpball, transform, and full speed flight and I think that's acceptable.

Thanks though!

How do you make MD2s anyway with Misfit Model Maker?
I actually use a blender/misfit workflow with 99% of everything done in blender and then running it through misfit for extra metadata or whatever. I was thinking of making either a tutorial or just a long video of me making a character since this process is pretty obtuse and vague to people new to it.

Last edited:
- I actually use a blender/misfit workflow with 99% of everything done in blender and then running it through misfit for extra metadata or whatever. I was thinking of making either a tutorial or just a long video of me making a character since this process is pretty obtuse and vague to people new to it.
I'm not sure if it's allowed to post a comment like this one (the one that I'm posting, not the one that I quoted), but as primarily a Blender user myself when it comes to 3D programs, I would appreciate such an MD2 tutorial if it's possible for you to make one. (I've tried a few Blender-to-MD2 things myself in the past, with bad/broken results, so seeing a working method would be nice.)

BBAL Nights_Objects/BBAL.md2 1.0 0.0
CAPS Nights_Objects/CAPS.md2 1.0 0.0
NBMP Nights_Objects/NBMP.md2 1.0 0.0
NDRL Nights_Objects/NDRL.md2 1.0 0.0
NDRN Nights_Objects/NDRN.md2 1.0 0.0
SUPE Nights_Objects/SUPE.md2 1.0 0.0
SUPT Nights_Objects/SUPT.md2 1.0 0.0
SUPZ Nights_Objects/SUPZ.md2 1.0 0.0
NDR0 Nights_Objects/FSonic/NDR0.md2 1.0 0.0
NDR1 Nights_Objects/FSonic/NDR1.md2 1.0 0.0
NDR2 Nights_Objects/FSonic/NDR2.md2 1.0 0.0
NDR3 Nights_Objects/FSonic/NDR3.md2 1.0 0.0
NDR4 Nights_Objects/FSonic/NDR4.md2 1.0 0.0
NDR5 Nights_Objects/FSonic/NDR5.md2 1.0 0.0
NDR6 Nights_Objects/FSonic/NDR6.md2 1.0 0.0
NDR7 Nights_Objects/FSonic/NDR7.md2 1.0 0.0
NDR8 Nights_Objects/FSonic/NDR8.md2 1.0 0.0
NDR9 Nights_Objects/FSonic/NDR9.md2 1.0 0.0
NDRA Nights_Objects/FSonic/NDRA.md2 1.0 0.0
NDRB Nights_Objects/FSonic/NDRB.md2 1.0 0.0
NDRC Nights_Objects/FSonic/NDRC.md2 1.0 0.0
NDRD Nights_Objects/FSonic/NDRD.md2 1.0 0.0
NDRE Nights_Objects/FSonic/NDRE.md2 1.0 0.0

No other MD2 pack has this support. :(

---------- Post added at 03:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:31 PM ----------

I actually use a blender/misfit workflow with 99% of everything done in blender and then running it through misfit for extra metadata or whatever. I was thinking of making either a tutorial or just a long video of me making a character since this process is pretty obtuse and vague to people new to it.[/QUOTE]

You could do them both at the same time with a voted character you're working on.

Kart just got MD3 support, so you may want to retarget.

I'm actually interested in your workflow, since I have a MD3 export plugin for Blender that I modified, and also built some other MD3 tools for editing the metadata and such.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 3, Members: 0, Guests: 3)

Back