[Open Assets] Game Gear HUD

This content may be freely modified and/or maintained by anyone.

SteelT

Developer
Sonic Team Junior
Kart Krew™️
This is just a HUD that takes things in a minimalist approach, where in the Game Gear... or Master System games. Score icon, ring icon, clock icon and lives icon, with the numbers next to them.

Changelog:
Version 2.0.1 - (11/13/2018)

• Fixed spam of warnings in some cases after beating a boss due to lack of vaild check.

------------------------

Version 2.0 - (9/27/2018)

• Major code overhaul, as it now uses TehRealSalt's custom HUD library.
  • In addition to the first change, the ring will now flash between red and gold when you have 0 rings.
  • Changed the position of the graphics to account for larger values.
  • For any maps that uses the countdown level header option and has a time limit, the clock will also flash between red and silver one minute before the time limit is reached.
  • More compatibility with mods. I can't promise everything is supported. But I tried to support most major mods released currently.
------------------------

Version 1.2 - (7/19/2017)

• Code optimization and improvements. Special thanks to Blaze The Cat.
  • Ring animation is now 10x smoother. Thanks to Blaze The Cat again!
  • Fixed a bug where the HUD would not show up players other then player 1, due to uh, validity checks, sorry about that.
------------------------

Version 1.1 - (3/2/2017)

• HUD elements have been resized, they are now way smaller
  • Ring icon is now animated (Special thanks to Sapheros for providing the code).
  • A Boss HUD by Sapheros has been included
-------------------------

Version 1.0 - (2/28/2017)

• Initial release.

Attachments

• srb20468.png
    srb20468.png
    33 KB · Views: 2,280
  • srb20128.gif
    srb20128.gif
    105.9 KB · Views: 1,645
  • gghud_v2.0.1.zip
    6.6 KB · Views: 573
Last edited:
Version 1.1 is now available.

• HUD elements have been resized, they are now way smaller
  • Ring icon is now animated (Special thanks to Sapheros for providing the code).
  • A Boss HUD by Sapheros has been included

Last edited:
Edit: Ok, somehow I got this to happen once in vanilla SRB2 without adding anything else, but can't seem to replicate it now, weirdly (this image was taken with wads added so that's probably the cause in this case, but it definitely happened with nothing but this added in one case...feel free to ignore this post though I suppose).
Either way, I'm not entirely sure why the old hud isn't being erased here:
yfiwbap.png

It may be the Sonic CD special stages doing this, but if it hadn't happened in vanilla too I wouldn't have made this post...I'll try and see if I can get it to happen again.

Last edited:
Me and steel found out that if this mod is combined with SUGOI, SRB2DVD, SUBARASHII (since I know my special stage modifies the HUD) and any other HUD modifying mods it will end up like that.

Last edited:
Yes, it's due to hard coded limits, and I don't really know how to workaround that for the time being, so I recommend you don't use this with anything that enables the old HUD, till I find a way around that.

Ah...I guess the one time I thought I got it to happen in vanilla I had something added I thought I removed? I have no idea...I must be going insane or something or maybe ghosts have invaded my pc or some shit >_>
In any case, just ignore my post, lol

Version 1.2 of gghud is out!

• Code optimization and improvements. Special thanks to Blaze The Cat.
  • Ring animation is now 10x smoother. Thanks to Blaze The Cat again!
  • Fixed a bug where the HUD would not show up players other then player 1, due to uh, validity checks, sorry about that.

After months of working on this, it's finally done, version 2.0 is out now! With some big changes!.
  • Major code overhaul, as it now uses TehRealSalt's custom HUD library.
  • In addition to the first change, the ring will now flash between red and gold when you have 0 rings.
  • Changed the position of the graphics to account for larger values.
  • For any maps that uses the countdown level header option and has a time limit, the clock will also flash between red and silver one minute before the time limit is reached.
  • More compatibility with mods. I can't promise everything is supported. But I tried to support most major mods released currently.

Because this is a such a huge change, please let me know about any bugs encountered.

Version 2.0.1

Fixed spam of warnings in some cases after beating a boss due to lack of vaild check

What do you convert the life icons (.PNG) into to get them to show the correct/change palette (like when Super) in-game? I want to add in Shadow, Amy and Metal Sonic life icons.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back