I can confirm that the macOS versions doesn't work on the new ARM Macs, even in Rosetta 2. When launching, it gives an error saying

"Process killed by signal
signal number 9"

Anybody know what the performance would be using a Linux build on a Raspberry Pi 4? I got my little brother one for a Christmas present, and I'm looking for things that are compatible since he wants me to put Linux on it so he can use it like a regular computer.

Anything special I've got to do to install it in this particular case, or would just following the normal Linux installation directions work? I've used Ubuntu in VirtualBox for college courses before, but I've never worked in Linux other than that. (If it makes a difference, I'm installing "Twister OS" for my little brother's Pi, since it has an interface nearly identical to Windows, so there's as minimal having to get used to a new interface as possible for him.)

One last question. If he's using a Linux build and I'm using a Windows build on my laptop, would we be able to play online with each other, or is each operating system limited to online play with people using the same type of build?

Anybody know what the performance would be using a Linux build on a Raspberry Pi 4? I got my little brother one for a Christmas present, and I'm looking for things that are compatible since he wants me to put Linux on it so he can use it like a regular computer.

Anything special I've got to do to install it in this particular case, or would just following the normal Linux installation directions work? I've used Ubuntu in VirtualBox for college courses before, but I've never worked in Linux other than that. (If it makes a difference, I'm installing "Twister OS" for my little brother's Pi, since it has an interface nearly identical to Windows, so there's as minimal having to get used to a new interface as possible for him.)

One last question. If he's using a Linux build and I'm using a Windows build on my laptop, would we be able to play online with each other, or is each operating system limited to online play with people using the same type of build?
  1. I'm not really a master on this, but it could be just like on a normal Linux computer, if not a tiny bit worse.
  2. Yeah, normal Linux installation instructions will work, I think.
  3. Yes, you would. SRB2 itself is cross-platform* play compatible, so why wouldn't SRB2Kart?

https://retropie.org.uk/forum/topic/20025/srb2-kart-on-retropie/19

Instructions are here, it says 1.2 but should work for 1.3
As for performance it's currently extremely slow, resolution has to be WAY down to have it even playable. I've only been able to get to 30fps average on the lowest res.

Speaking of Linux ports, does anyone have word on an RG351 port? I know the RG350 has one but that runs on a different distro

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Back