Resource icon
This content may be freely modified and/or maintained by anyone.

MotdSpork

Mafia? Zombies? Gold spork?
The bounce from Sonic Lost World ported from 2.1 to 2.2.

3 bounces with each being higher than the last. The last uncurls you leaving you vulnerable.

Use Spin while jumping to bounce.

Note: You cannot use this as Super Sonic, due to him getting the Float ability instead.

Version 2.0: Initial Release
Version 2.1: Bug Fixes
Version 2.2: Fixes being able to roll into a ball while bouncing, as well as a bug while bouncing onto springs

Attachments

• srb20001.gif
    srb20001.gif
    6.9 MB · Views: 2,229
  • VL_SLWBounce-v2.2.lua
    6 KB · Views: 4,474
Last edited:
There's a bit of a quirk in this when you take damage mid bounce means you'll bounce after hitting the floor in your pain state, but this otherwise works as intended!

Ohh boy, this is making me feel obligated to port over my Lost World HUD. That'll be fun. Lol. Great port though!

I liked the concept of this move in SLW even though it was pretty sluggish, and it's much better here since you can keep up speed while using it.

I noticed a couple of issues, however - when you try to bounce after jumping from a rolling state, Sonic resumes rolling after hitting the ground.

srb20000.gif

Also, hitting springs with the bounce gets you an oddly low height:

srb20001.gif

Other than that, it's a very enjoyable move to use in this game!

Last edited:
I liked the concept of this move in SLW even though it was pretty sluggish, and it's much better here since you can keep up speed while using it.

I noticed a couple of issues, however - when you try to bounce after jumping from a rolling state, Sonic resumes rolling after hitting the ground.

Fixed in the latest patch.

srb20000.gif

srb20001.gif

The spindash bug reminds me of the actual game, funnily enough. lol

Customizable options

Do you think that it'd be possible to add console commands to change different things about the bounce? (i.e. infinite use, bounce height.) I'm just suggesting it.

shouldnt bouncing on the spring make you go higher? then again it cant break amy floors so its weaker than the hammer
which makes sense as sonic spindash cant go through knuckles/amy walls or routes.

This isn’t me filing in a “bug” per se, but bouncing in water makes you go SUPER high. That said, again, please don’t fix that, because it rules lmao.

I love this mod, and I’ve been using it constantly since 2.1. Glad a 2.2 update was made! Thank you!

Do you think that it'd be possible to add console commands to change different things about the bounce? (i.e. infinite use, bounce height.) I'm just suggesting it.

Can't this be mapped to Custom 1 or Toss Flag instead? The button map may be accurate to the 3DS version of Sonic Lost World, but not to the Wii U/PC version.

Can you please make it so that there is a separate download that maps it to Custom1 instead of spin so it can work with mods like drop dash and instashield? Thanks!:threat:

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back