Resource icon
This content may be freely modified and/or maintained by anyone.

SSG3

Oh, THAT Youtuber...
RTD... But Deluxe! All the features of 2.1's Roll the Dice, now in 2.2!

Major Differences between RTD and RTD Deluxe include:

- Forced Rolls! 2 New commands have been added. Some people requested this feature, and I decided to implement it... this also counts for debugging any new rolls before release!

Usage to get a roll name:
Code:
RTD_GETROLL [<global/skin name>] <roll number>

Examples:

rtd_getroll global 1

OR

rtd_getroll 1

Return roll: Invincibility

Usage to force a roll (same restrictions apply):
Code:
RTD_FORCEROLL [<global/skin name>] <roll number> [<player node>]

Examples:

rtd_forceroll global 1

OR

rtd_forceroll 1

Rolls: Invincibility for yourself.

rtd_forceroll sonic 1 1

Rolls: Dark Super Sonic for player 2 (node 1) [Provided they are Sonic and they're ready to roll]

- Holiday looks! (rtd_holiday) Change the look of the dice icon with these themes. Defaults to 0 (normal)
Values are:
0 - Normal
1 - Christmas (aliases: Xmas, Yule, Yuletide)
2 - Halloween

- New Form for Sonic: Full Power Super Sonic - nullifies ring drain. FP Super Sonic also supports custom monitor's hyper mode without overriding it.

- Fire Sonic's shoes don't change and his abilities are different.
= Custom 1 (Grounded) - Blast jump (costs 5 rings, can't do it under 6 rings)
= Custom 2 (Can't do under 4 rings) - Short-range Flamethrower (no ACTUAL fire properties, so it can be used underwater). This ability cuts your momentum entirely.
= Custom 3 - Aura Toggle. The aura burst damages enemies. Having aura on boosts speed and Blast jump height, but at the cost of increased ring drain.

= NEW in V2.0.0 - The ability to finally set either custom 1, 2 or 3 to roll the dice! (Spin removes the custom button bind). To access this feature, hold Toss Flag to access a mini menu (obviously will go away if you let go of the button). With the menu up, press the custom button of what you want to roll the dice with (or spin for none)

RTD now reminds you how to roll the dice each time a level loads.

Some incompatible rolls have been removed/disabled.

The Spectator bug curse has finally been lifted! Phew.

RTD auto-gives all 7 chaos emeralds in singleplayer/co-op for.. obvious reasons. (super form can't function without it, for example)

- Mastered Ultra Instinct uses a different theme to UI Omen.

- F-Sonic related forms are moved to Vanilla Sonic.

- Various Roll Adjustments and Cooldowns are different.

- Other minor or major updates.

Other than that, the rolls are pretty much the same. Have fun!

srb20005.png

Attachments

• VL_RollTheDiceDeluxe-v2.1.3.zip
    36.4 MB · Views: 32,940
Last edited:

(it is pretty difficult to test all combinations of what can happen with a mod like this, so sorry if something unintentional happens)

Also, could you not zip the PK3 file? A PK3 file is already a compressed file. The MB doesn't like it when a PK3 is the first file uploaded, but since the topic has been made already, it should be fine to upload it directly now.

Yeah... the pk3 file was the first one uploaded. It's the main reason i zipped it in the first place. Still, it shouldn't hurt to leave it as is, right?

Ack, I would do it, but attachment posting/editing is disabled in the releases section.

EDIT: Done so now. Attachment editing is fixed.

Last edited:
V1.1 Bugfix is out:

- Entering no arguments into rtd_holiday now shows instructions rather than giving a warning in the console.

V1.2 is out:

+ New form for sonic - Dark Super Sonic

srb20000.gif

- Controls:

Custom 1 - throw fang's bomb
Custom 2 - fire new brak's missile
Custom 3 - fire Snailer's laser

+ new command: sonic_dark
o Freefly has been increased from 30 seconds to 32 seconds
o Infinite flight (Tails) has been increased from 20 seconds to 30 seconds
o Full Power Super Sonic: Now uses leveltime to check when to level out the ring count.
+ Dark Super Sonic's theme - Shadow of Anime Eyes Sonic (From the creators of SUGOI 3) - can now be heard in the sound test.

attachment.php

I tried this out and immediately crashed after tails got really big

Attachments

• unknown.png
    unknown.png
    102.9 KB · Views: 17,678
Looked at the image Sharb sent... It's kinda known to me at this point that sometimes the mod crashes the game, even outright closing it without generating an error report. That - and the known bug regarding all versions that spectators bug out the mod for any player with a node higher than said spectator - haven't had a proper fix found for them. If anyone could find a universal fix, i'll implement it immediately (even updating 2.1's version to have this fix, since attachment editing is still possible on 2.1's outdated releases)

having messed with this mod myself, I noticed that in singleplayer, it only ever crashes when you're playing with a bot (Tails unless using BotSkin).

V1.3 Update is out.

Changes:

- Forced rolling has been implemented. See main post for details
- Changed some roll durations and cooldowns
- Added 2 new rolls: Greyscale and Superflat
- Dark Super Shadow now works properly. (Old Shadow ports in servers are the only thing that currently utilise this)
- Bots can now turn super as long as you have 50 rings (no need to go super. the bot has the same ring count as the player at all times)
- "No Friction" now uses its old name: "Slippery Floors"
- Roll names are now shown in Minimal HUD Mode

Last edited:
Odd, If by pure chance the player receives FP Super Sonic, followed immediately by doomsday, they receive the 50 rings for doomsday, and the doomsday music plays, but the ring drain isn't set back, and if playing as Sonic, the player does not receive the doomsday flight power. Also dying in this state does not reset the music, doomsday continues to play until you beat the level or quit, even if you aren't super
srb20004.gif

V1.3.1 is out.

= Fixed doomsday command working when using any sonic form
= Fixed the spectator bug... Finally! (if there's anything i've missed, please let me know)

V1.3.2 is out.

= Fixed variable name inconsistency for Silver's telekinesis-related roll: Infinite Psychic Energy

V2.0.0 is out. Big update here.

+ Fire Sonic makes his return! Sure, his shoes aren't white, but whatyagonnado? Details of his controls are in the OP.
= Rainbow Blind has been replaced with Tunnel Vision (may look different depending on resolution. Ignore it. I'm keeping it as a feature.)
- Removed Kirby's infinite jumps roll due to it being useless
+ Finally, you now have the ability to use either Custom 1, 2 or 3 to roll the dice. see the OP for details.
= Crumbling FOF Switcheroo and Goop/Water Switcheroo is now a 10-second roll. everything will be back to normal when the roll ends (and yes, this will mean multiple players who roll this can mess it up but screw it, i'll leave it as a feature)
= Dark Super Sonic is now Black rather than Purple

v2.0.1 bugfix is out. Forgot to make the check for rolling for pressing once rather than checking each tic it was pressed.

Last edited:

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back