• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

adventure tails traced sprite

furrless

"i will play until i die"
Screenshot 11_21_2020 8_13_05 PM (2).png

I tried to trace over sonic adventure tails after seeing metalking boo tracing over adventure sonic.

idk if i did a good job or not but i tried.

Wowsers we got a person working on adventure tails and a person working on adventure Sonic at the same time.
Now this is getting interesting,
But seriously I like how he looks so keep up the great work you mad lad.

just fyi im not making sa tails for srb2. if anything i dont think i will ever make a character for srb2, maybe one day but its just to much work that i dont want to put in.

just fyi im not making sa tails for srb2. if anything i dont think i will ever make a character for srb2, maybe one day but its just to much work that i dont want to put in.
That's alright. :P

I'd like to tackle the core cast myself anyway, if my Sonic gets off the ground, to have a consistent set of Adventure-era Sonic, Tails, Knuckles and Amy.

What I'm more concerned with is that you called me Metal King Boo! XD

I'd like to tackle the core cast myself anyway, if my Sonic gets off the ground, to have a consistent set of Adventure-era Sonic, Tails, Knuckles and Amy.

oh shoot! sorry about that. didnt relize i spelt your name wrong. though if you want i could help you with making the adventure sonic and the rest.

---------- Post added at 10:52 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:22 AM ----------

idk what i would help with but i think i could find things to help with

Hey
I want to ask, how do I get these characters to trace over in Sonic Adventure?
I am kinda interested on doing something like this with the Dreamcast models.

Hey
I want to ask, how do I get these characters to trace over in Sonic Adventure?
I am kinda interested on doing something like this with the Dreamcast models.

You basically just get a screenshot of what you're tracing and scale it down. It's pretty simple

You basically just get a screenshot of what you're tracing and scale it down. It's pretty simple
In particular, I use the PC game and I record Sonic in Station Square at the beginning of the game from all directions and all of his animations (that you can see from the hub worlds, so basically just running, jumping and spin dashing). For consistency, I use the free camera and keep that pointing as low as possible (holding the right analog stick down during jumping so it doesn't shift up).

Then after that, I take a screenshot of the frame I want into GIMP, then I scale it down to where I feel Sonic's height should be in comparison to the original sprite, and I remember what percentage that was so that I can apply that to screenshots of all of the other frames of animations I took for him.

It's also important to make sure every animation frame in each direction is the same, so just make sure the feet and hands are consistent between the direction frames.

For scaling purposes, here's the standing front frame I used:

pjntTkY.png

Just in case you want it to be consistent with mine.

I also ripped the standing frames from SRB2's Sonic from all angles for comparison so that I could emulate the style as closely as possible.

I'm also probably going to use SAMDL for other animations that are a bit harder to get. I could use Dolphin and the free look camera there, but it would be a bit more annoying I think, now that I figured out how to view the models and all of the animations in that program.

Last edited:

It amazes me how far we've come.

I can't wait for the Adventure cast to be released. Keep up the good work!

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back