This content may be freely modified and/or maintained by anyone.
Yo Mascara Snake, how do you actually make the slopes on the editor?

Captura%20de%20tela%202016-02-19%2019.21.06.png

Captura%20de%20tela%202016-02-19%2019.21.15.png

Captura%20de%20tela%202016-02-19%2019.21.20.png

srb20029.png

Last edited:
Rub it in why dont ya ;-;

I guess i will just have to wait till someone publicly releases an exe

Will Srb2 version 2.2 require me to have Shader Model 2.0 to play it? And I can use Srb2 Doom builder for slopemaking when 2.2 is out right?

There are members of the devteam who are using computers made in 2003 that are still able to run Zone Builder with zero problem.

This suggests to me your hardware is likely from before the turn of the century and should be replaced as soon as possible.

The vulture waits to see what rots; oh how pretty

necsg.png

help they're deafening me simply by existing

There are members of the devteam who are using computers made in 2003 that are still able to run Zone Builder with zero problem.

This suggests to me your hardware is likely from before the turn of the century and should be replaced as soon as possible.

My driver says 2001.

Yeah, that's still really, really old. If you want to use modern software (which SRB2 itself... isn't, not really - but might end up being one day...) you're going to have to upgrade.

You all are aware that the slope build's source code is publicly available, and if you really want slopes, it's pretty easy to compile, right? There's a tutorial on the wiki.

Oh boy, if it's not one thing it's another.

I'm getting an error releated to vpo.dll being in use by something else.
Code:
***********SYSTEM INFO***********
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960
Zone Builder: v2.1

********EXCEPTION DETAILS********
Error 32 while loading vpo.dll: The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process
   at CodeImp.DoomBuilder.Plugins.VisplaneExplorer.VPOManager..ctor()
   at CodeImp.DoomBuilder.Plugins.VisplaneExplorer.BuilderPlug.OnMapOpenEnd()
   at CodeImp.DoomBuilder.Plugins.PluginManager.OnMapOpenEnd()
   at CodeImp.DoomBuilder.General.OpenMapFileWithOptions(String filename, MapOptions options)
   at CodeImp.DoomBuilder.General.OpenMapFile(String filename, MapOptions options)
   at CodeImp.DoomBuilder.General.OpenMap()
   at CodeImp.DoomBuilder.Actions.Action.Begin()
   at CodeImp.DoomBuilder.Actions.ActionManager.InvokeAction(String actionname)
   at CodeImp.DoomBuilder.Windows.MainForm.InvokeTaggedAction(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.RaiseEvent(Object key, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripMenuItem.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleMouseUp(MouseEventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEventInteractive(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEvent(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)
Also apparenbtly deleting VisplaneExplorer.dll fixed the thing for me. Don't know why though.

Last edited:
Yeah, the Visplane Explorer plugin likes to crash for no reason. I've disabled it by default for the next release, since it's useless for SRB2 anyway.

I got another problem, not sure if it's fixable on my end but figure it's best to mention it to find out.

When I go to test the stage it no longer tests the stage properly. if you haven't save yet, you get a vanilla level if it exists in the map slot, otherwise you get the last saved version of the level you're trying to test.

That's intentional. The game loads the file you're editing, and if you didn't save your edits yet, well, then those edits aren't in the file yet.

Last edited:
IIRC 2.1 didn't work with the 'auto-updated' version of the file when I had to use SRB2DB and I had to get rid of the line that added it in the testing parameters, so that might be why it doesn't here.

I changed it for the next release so that the temporary file is loaded as well if there are unsaved changes. For now you can change it yourself by going to the Testing tab and changing the parameters from

Code:
-file "%AP" -warp %L

to

Code:
-file "%AP" "%F" -warp %L

By the way, for anyone still wondering how slopes work, I wrote a tutorial: https://wiki.srb2.org/wiki/Slope

That's intentional. The game loads the file you're editing, and if you didn't save your edits yet, well, then those edits aren't in the file yet.
Ok while intentional, most of us are still conditioned to how testing works on the other Doom and SRB2 Doombuilders. Unless I miss my guess, the intention was to actually get us to remember to save so we don't loose our work, but couldn't this have been achieved differently?

right now there are still certain features of the old builders we use for SRB2 that keep some of us from fully moving over to Zone builder. Testing the map without saving shouldn't be one of them. Especially if we're still testing changes that we haven't settled on yet.

May I suggest a compromise? that maybe this be a toggleable thing? default setting be that it's the way it is now, but we can turn on the feature to test without saveing?

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back