How do i get this working for 2.2.4?
Put the Models folder and models.dat on your srb2 2.2 folder. Then like it says up there.
"-Make sure your game is in OpenGL Mode, now in 2.2.1 you can swap renders in Video Settings."
"-Go into video settings>"OPENGL OPTIONS", and Change Models to "ON."

Is it just me or...

Could you re-upload the image? I cannot see it - I guess no one can see it.

So... I just tried out the models for the first time(took me long enough). They look great, no surprise, everyone's said the same. There was one thing that confused me though. When playing as Modern Sonic, the Super Sonic model had the design of Dreamcast Era Super Sonic, with the quills in the same shape as Shadow's, rather than, well, Modern Super Sonic, who has every quill upturned. I was just wondering why that choice was made. Is that like, a personal preference of Jim's?

I'm having trouble getting this mod to work - I launched the game in OpenGL mode and went to the settings to enable models and all that, but I still only see sprites. Where do I put the model files when they're downloaded?

I'm having trouble getting this mod to work - I launched the game in OpenGL mode and went to the settings to enable models and all that, but I still only see sprites. Where do I put the model files when they're downloaded?
The root folder of the game.

Not in any other subfolder in your SRB2 folder, like the 'addons' folder, for example. JUST the root folder.

The root folder of the game.

Not in any other subfolder in your SRB2 folder, like the 'addons' folder, for example. JUST the root folder.

Thank you! I was confused because I was using macOS, and one of the two folders marked as "srb2" was located inside the application package itself, and that was the one I needed to use, not the one in the user's Home Folder.

no more versions of sonic are being made

will you add in the future more 3d for characters like modern sonic, CD SONIC, ray, robo knucks, dirk, hinote ?

Obviously this comment is dated but, Msonic is in the pack now. CD Sonic won't ever get a model as Jeck said himself: Sonic that gets a wad, the Vanilla, Pointy, and Modern/Neo are the only Sonic's I intend to make. I can bet that Dirk and Hinote will get models, but I can't be sure on Robo Knux and Ray

I would love to see a Silver, Shadow, Dirk, Hinote, And even more character with a precious 3D model

I don't suppose there's an easy way to use an existing 3D model in this collection for a different character? Like for example, let's say that I want to use the 3D model for Sonic, but a Sonic character mod that isn't in the list. Could I rename the model to something that matches the other mod, and get it to work? If it doesn't work in all situations, but makes a good starting point (some animations are correct, some aren't), how difficult would it be to look through the existing animations and remap them to the correct situations?

There is. Open "models.dat" in your favorite text editor, find the line that reads as follows:
<skin name> PLAY/<model name>.md3 3.0 0.0

Make a new line like it, but replace the previous skin name with the name of the skin of your choice.

For example, if I want to give Advance Sonic the Neo Sonic model, I find
MSONIC PLAY/MSONIC.md3 3.0 0.0

then I add the new line
ADVANCESONIC PLAY/MSONIC.md3 3.0 0.0

Last edited:
The new update of Modern Sonic it has been realized with resprite and its new version (v4) and I suppose it will have the same model but with some new animations as tricks in the air I say this because the model we use is compatible with an old version that will no longer be used so...hopefully after the launch of the New M.Sonic there will be an update of this pack I think......

Last edited:
Had an interesting visual glitch when testing this out. After completing Greenflower Act 2 as Super Sonic, I entered Act 3 still having the yellow super coloration, but in base form. I continued to Techno Hill Zone, and when I turned Super, Super Sonic would be yellow, but flash blue.

I double checked my settings, and they match what was recommended. Nothing game breaking or anything. Just thought I should mention it.

Had an interesting visual glitch when testing this out. After completing Greenflower Act 2 as Super Sonic, I entered Act 3 still having the yellow super coloration, but in base form. I continued to Techno Hill Zone, and when I turned Super, Super Sonic would be yellow, but flash blue.
That is an OpenGL bug in 2.2.1 and was already fixed a while ago. Update your copy of SRB2 to 2.2.4.

Back