I like these models as well, it and the shadows give a massively more 3D look to SRB2 while keeping the Sonic 1-3 aesthetic.

It doesn't seem like there's that much Doom in this game anymore, but rather the standard for all other 3D sonic projects to look to.

https://imgur.com/a/JW1PqzW

Is THIS meant to happen...?

If you couldn't see it, Modern Sonic's model just freezes up when boosting and hitting red springs specifically.

It just looks weird.

Last edited:
https://imgur.com/a/JW1PqzW

Is THIS meant to happen...?

If you couldn't see it, Modern Sonic's model just freezes up when boosting and hitting red springs specifically.

It just looks weird.

That's due to how the springs work plazz. It's the model swapping to the animation every time it hits the springs, but you're moving so fast in that the animation never completes before the next spring.

I love these models. My praise would just be retreading what everyone else has said I think.

I do have a question though, is it possible to make the checkpoints and monitors not always face the player like sprites? Or is that just something wrong with how I'm doing things?

Ideas

Handdrawn = Old Saturn Sonic
SSNTails = Old Saturn Tails
2.0 Knuckles = Old Saturn Knuckles

Sorry it bothers but I would like to know, how do you make the animations work on the MD3 models in the new version of SRB2?

SRB2 does support MD2s, but why would you use them when MD3s are better in every single way? This pack only contains MD3s since there's no reasons to use MD2s anymore.

Probably for characters that aren't in this pack. This does have models for some characters, but not some others like cream or ray... which dont even work properly, as they just "A pose" or stay in their standing pose for many of their animations. Instead of you know... waiting for the md3s to be updated.

So yeah using md2s is useless pretty much.

Wow! I'm really enjoying using these models, they fit really well into the game.

How does one go about using the non-vanilla characters?

I was wondering where you learnt to put these into the game. I've dabbled in 3D modelling myself, and would love to have a go at adding my own creations, any pointers?

I'm not sure if you're already aware, but the power-ups that can be seen during Egg Rock Zone (Act 1) display fine the right way up, but 2D when upside-down.
j1bAgRF.png

Ok But 1 prob

This is my first md2 I downloaded and when I click on the files theres nothing does somebody know how to do it? if you know please help me!

---------- Post added at 06:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:00 PM ----------

This is my first md2 and I need help setting it up

This is my first md2 I downloaded and when I click on the files theres nothing does somebody know how to do it? if you know please help me!

---------- Post added at 06:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:00 PM ----------

This is my first md2 and I need help setting it up

After downloading the files, put "models.dat" and "/models" in the same folder as SRB2, then open srb2 and go to video settings and set render to OpenGL, after that go to OpenGL settings and pick the recommended settings Jeck is putting in the images above.

---------- Post added at 10:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:34 PM ----------

Wow! I'm really enjoying using these models, they fit really well into the game.

How does one go about using the non-vanilla characters?

I was wondering where you learnt to put these into the game. I've dabbled in 3D modelling myself, and would love to have a go at adding my own creations, any pointers?

I'm not sure if you're already aware, but the power-ups that can be seen during Egg Rock Zone (Act 1) display fine the right way up, but 2D when upside-down.
j1bAgRF.png

Do you mean the monitors are facing the Camera all time? If it's that, it is because the game displays monitors and other objects with 1 rotation frame both in software and OGL with models.

Back