This content may be freely modified and/or maintained by anyone.

TrickyTex

Community croc enthusiast.
After an hour or so of porting, I present to you:
Lost World Overhaul for SRB2 2.2! Ported to 2.2 and converted to PK3 by the original creator!
This is made to emulate the HUD of Sonic Lost World on Wii U and PC.
It also has rings, custom ring sparkles, super rings (Thanks to Larztard), and sounds!
The rings and super rings come from Sonic Runners, and the graphics cover the CTF rings too.

The Super Rings replace the ring monitors and can be toggled off with:
Code:
[CENTER]boxestorings 0[/CENTER]

Super rings also respawn in Match. You can adjust the respawn time with
Code:
[CENTER]respawnsupertime <time in seconds>[/CENTER]

You may also use
Code:
[CENTER]lwhudshow <1 or 0>[/CENTER]
to show the HUD at all times!

You may also press Toss Flag to bring up the whole HUD briefly if you need to.

The ring particles and the 10 animation from the super rings were made by me. (Even though the sparkles somewhat resemble the animation in 2.2 now, trust me, I made it myself a while ago. lol)
Flicky counter code from Lat'
Most of the sounds were taken from Sonic Runners, and the ring sound engine and hud were coded by Jimita and myself. (No longer uses Rapidgame7's sound engine because I found out how to make it vanilla)
Most of the Super Ring code was provided by Larztard. Bigger numbers and colorable outlines and other mini refinements by Jimita. Thank you, everyone!

v2.1
Prevent bots from triggering super rings and causing infinite rings.

Attachments

• srb20019.png
    srb20019.png
    147.9 KB · Views: 3,123
  • srb20020.png
    srb20020.png
    167.5 KB · Views: 3,004
  • srb20047.gif
    srb20047.gif
    4.6 MB · Views: 2,109
  • srb20048.gif
    srb20048.gif
    5.7 MB · Views: 2,690
  • srb20050.gif
    srb20050.gif
    770.6 KB · Views: 1,621
  • srb20051.gif
    srb20051.gif
    1 MB · Views: 1,884
  • VL_LostWorldOverhaul-V2.1.pk3
    1.8 MB · Views: 2,378
Last edited:
It feels like a small, but cute missed opportunity to not have the end of boss stage egg capsules add 30 rescued flickies to that counter similar to the end of level capsules in Lost World.

While I have mixed feelings on the Sonic Lost World UI as a whole, I always appreciated how the UI fades out when not relevant. Not entirely practical, but it's a neat effect and one I like.

This all checks out though! Welcome to releases, might have to do a full play-through with this eventually and see how high I can rise the flickies rescued counter.

Heh. I need to try to figure out a way to do that. Maybe when I learn how to make the timer count down in match. Anyway, thanks!

This is a good mod for srb2, since Lost World overhauls doesn't appears all the time, you can get a better vision on the level, this is a good mod.

When tails take one of the super rings i get infinite rings.
giphy.gif

I think is because tails can get ring but he can't break monitors.

Oh god, Tails. Stop breaking my script ;-;
I gotta figure out how to keep him from collecting them then.

---------- Post added at 07:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:31 PM ----------

Annnnd fixed!

Good to see this back around and I'm really liking the new animation for the Super Ring. Thought it was hilarious to see Tails farming rings lol

Oh god, Tails. Stop breaking my script ;-;
I gotta figure out how to keep him from collecting them then.

---------- Post added at 07:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:31 PM ----------

Annnnd fixed!

I was just about to say that it's a simple touch.player.bot check, but it seems you figured that out yourself, right?

Ay una version para sonic robo blast V2.2.8

♠The Happy Fox♠;846858 said:
De que o que?
De este mod oh..
Tal vez una nueva versión?

Oh, god,look at these grammar errors, well, sometimes i made it too Recuerden que este es un sitio de habla inglesa, traten de usar un traductor. Para contestar sus preguntas, la última versión de SRB2 es la 2.2.8; para Leonnel, es una buena pregunta, ya que esto es del 2019 (cuando estaba apenas empezando la versión 2.2) así que tiene sentido la pregunta; yo supongo que sí pero lo tendrias que probar por ti mismo

//English//

Remember this is an English speaking site, try to use a translator. To answer your questions, the latest version of SRB2 is 2.2.8; for Leonnel, it's a good question, since this is from 2019 (when he was just starting version 2.2) so the question makes sense ; I guess so but you would have to try it for yourself

omg cool, more people that talks spanish, epic

Anyway, this is... confusing, i mean, the title of the thread is "Lost World Overhaul v2(.2)!"
the version that you download is the "2.1", you missed something, or... is this normal?
sorry if the question is really stupid XD

[...]Anyway, this is... confusing, i mean, the title of the thread is "Lost World Overhaul v2(.2)!"
the version that you download is the "2.1", you missed something, or... is this normal?
sorry if the question is really stupid XD

Well the download link says 2.1, but the thread says 2. (2); i think it's a unnoticed error from the creator until now.

Also, there's no changelog of that "2.2" version... so... The theory makes more sense

Last edited:

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back