Recolor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Exactly what it sounds like. When someone takes Sonic or someone else, changes the color to red or something like that, and releases it as original.

Or, when someone makes a wad that has original sprites, but the stats are exactly the same as one of the other characters.

Actually, it's more of any character obviously based on another. Shadow has a few minor details changed from Sonic, but he's still technically a recolor.

They're only really created by new sonic fans, and what they are, is basically you take sonic, and turn him green with the 'fill with colour' tool in paint, and then pretend he's a new character, every new sonic fan has made at least one of them, turning him yellow, orange, red, purple, black ect. some people are really creative, and invert sonic's colour, or add something like a quiff to the top of his head as an excuse to say he doesn't look like sonic, from there you just repeat with the other sonic characters until you have millions of them all over the internet and most of them are dating each other in fanarts/fanfics.

A recolor in Sonic games is defined as something like Shadow or Silver where the figure was obviously edited from Sonic. However, a recolor is basically anything edited from any character in any game. Recolors can range from as bad as this to as good as this.

Not

Not fixed. Not every Sonic fan is a comic author. Fancharacter means FC if you were changing fc to fan-comic, then you were mistaken. I'm not a fan-comic author, for one. But I have millions of fancharacters.

Step 1: Print out a picture of Sonic.
Step 2: Eat something nasty.
Step 3: Spin around 30 times.
Step 4: Vomit on the picture.
Step 5: Scan it.

The end result will be a relatively high quality recolor, compared to most at least.

Armonte said:
I'll Begin said:
Mexicano said:
Very funny I already know how, I just wanted to know who is a noob and who is not.
And now we all know that you're a noob.
"What a Twist!"

LYKE ZOMFG! Seriously now, to make a good Sonic recolour, follow this guide.

Step 1) Pull a graphics lump of Sonic from the wad
2) Clear the WHOLE picture, leaving only the background.
3) Draw a good picture.

That my friends, is the only good recolouring method.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back