ManuelRome

So, this is my first SRB2 contribution, and it's a few md3 models.

How to use:

You extract the zip file, and there will be a folder named "MMODELS", you place that folder inside the "models" folder.
Then, you have to add the following line somewhere in your models.dat file:
´
Code:
DERP MMODELS/DERP.md3 3.0 0.0
DIRK MMODELS/DIRK.md3 3.0 0.0
WHIRL MMODELS/WHIRL.md3 3.0 0.0
SKIP MMODELS/SKIP.md3 3.0 0.0
SMS MMODELS/SMS.md3 3.0 0.0
SMSO MMODELS/SMSO.md3 3.0 0.0
HMSO MMODELS/HMS.md3 3.0 0.0
MECHASONIC MMODELS/MECHA.md3 3.0 0.0
MILNE MMODELS/MILNE.md3 3.0 0.0

The Derp model uses SanicTheSanic particles sprites with his permission, and I also asked for Soap's permission to use Derp just in case. Sanic also helped me to figure out some sprites which helped a lot.

Do you need help installing the models?

Here's a handy tutorial with screenshots made by little guy*
Note: This is made for Windows users. Mac and Linux users can most likely just use another text editing program.

First, download the zip file.
Then put the folder inside in the models folder.
DNJQRGy.png

ovdlCgu.png

Then find your models.dat (Yours will have a different icon if you haven't set a program yet)
Tbqh0m1.png

Open it with Notepad. Now all you have to do is copy-paste the "Code" anywhere you want! I suggest either putting it with other characters or at the end of the file.
beKlT7J.png

Make sure to save the file. (Ctrl S)
AND make sure to go into OpenGL and turn models on.

That's it! It's quite simple.
srb23726.gif

Attachments

• srb20006.png
    srb20006.png
    22.3 KB · Views: 3,041
  • srb20004.gif
    srb20004.gif
    2.2 MB · Views: 3,486
  • srb20013.png
    srb20013.png
    41.2 KB · Views: 34,860
  • srb20009.png
    srb20009.png
    45.8 KB · Views: 23,755
  • srb20019.png
    srb20019.png
    50 KB · Views: 4,942
  • srb20008.png
    srb20008.png
    64.8 KB · Views: 4,971
  • srb20018.png
    srb20018.png
    61.5 KB · Views: 9,759
  • srb20023.png
    srb20023.png
    151.1 KB · Views: 3,319
  • Manuel Models.zip
    2.6 MB · Views: 4,091
  • Unfinished Stuff.zip
    1.8 MB · Views: 178
Last edited:
this is a really nice beginning, especially since we finally got a good model for Derp, idk who can be next: maybe Skip? or maybe Milne? or maybe also Modern/Neo Sonic?
only time would answer it

-Fixed RUN interpolation error.
-Fixed Nights model being off center.

It seems the Nights animation aren't rotating properly, I'm not sure if that's on my side or not. The animations are named properly it seems so I'll keep seeing if I can fix it.

I've added Dirk to the models available, also, I changed the lines to use the folder "MMODELS" instead of "PLAY", so that they have their own folders.

attachment.php

Last edited:
Dirk's head could be bigger, but that's probably because I really like the Jeck Jims models

Version 1.03 is up!, Derp's WALK now doesn't have interpolation, so it doesn't look weird with one of his ears being frame by frame while the other isn't, but his walk is more funky now, which was a very important change.

And now I've added Whirl to the mix of characters supported.

attachment.php

I was expecting Whirl since a looong time. (Well, since he was showed in the Discord)

Tengo un problema con el mod instale el mod de modelos de jeck jim junto con este y agregue la carpeta MMODELS y escribí lo que se tiene que anotar en models.dat , lo cargo....y no me cargan bien los modelos que hago .Oh solo puedo usar un paquete de modelos a la vez?

Last edited:
I find these models pretty good. You did a good job! What I'm about to say isn't that important and needed but it would be nice if my character had model suport. :/ But yeah, congrats on making the mod :)

Oh ya resolvi el problema solo le quite los espacios y wala funciono XD . Y ahora que los veo en juego muy buen trabajo espero con ansias la siguiente actualización y sugerencia no podrias hacer uno del mod de Kirby?

Last edited:
A Really Good Models,You Did a Great Job At Making It. Now We Had a Derp,Dirk and Whirl 3D Models. What Next It Would Be? Kirby,Starshy. Or Maybe....Skip,We Will Never Know It.

Back