Eddie LeBron Makes New Fanfilm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Eddie Lebron, maker of the acclaimed Mega Man Fan Film
This stops me. The Mega Man fan film was boring as shit, I couldn't get past half an hour of it. Kind of afraid this one won't be any different.

I'd like see Richard Kuta's project get a little more attention; animated films are a lot harder to come by than CGI-live action, and considering he's been trying to get it going for several years, his would naturally be a lot more thought out than Eddie's.

>Creator of the fanfilm Megaman

eeeuuuuuughhhhhhhhh No than-

>Jaleel White supposedly voicing Sonic

Okay, fine, one more chance.

The Megaman movie was a chore to sit through, the writing was eh, the fight scenes were just pathetic (boom boom pow pow, rinse, repeat), and let's not forget the damn credits theme (IIIII AM MEGAMAN, AND I'LL DOOO ALL I CAAAAAN, TO SAVE MAAAAAN...KIIIIIIINNNND).

As I said, one more chance. Don't you dare screw up Jaleel White, Eddie.

I'd like see Richard Kuta's project get a little more attention; animated films are a lot harder to come by than CGI-live action, and considering he's been trying to get it going for several years, his would naturally be a lot more thought out than Eddie's.

Honestly, from all I heard about Richard Kuta, I really doubt he's going to get anywhere with his movie, plus, from what I've heard about him, I'm a little worried about what it would be like if it DID come out.

Still, to be perfectly honest, I'm looking forward to this. The Mega Man fan movie really wasn't that great, especially since the Robot Masters ended up looking like something from a cheap Micheal Bay's Transformers ripoff. Jaleel White is pretty much THE voice of Sonic to me, though, to the point where I'll read pretty much any text said by him in his voice.

I really have to wonder what he sounds like after all this time, though. I mean, Underground came out in 2000, I think, and his voice has to have changed and matured quite a bit since then.

I thought the Mega Man movie came out quite well considering what Eddie had to work with. CGI-Live action on a tiny budget is far from easy. I'm sure if he had the time and resources to show a city being completely demolished by the robot masters he would have.

I'm curious to see where they go with this.

liveactionsonicmodels.jpg

May I ask you if this reminds you of anything?

sonic.jpg

Eddie REALLY should not have gotten Eless the Hedgecat to do the concept art. Can you see Jaleel's voice coming out of that mouth? Because I certainly can't.

There's also Eddie's site where it requires you to donate at least one dollar in order to view the site. I shit you not. You have to pay to view his site with the gimmick that Robotnik requires a password to access the system. AKR's page is free of charge, and allows you to decide freely if you wish to donate.

This project already smells bad from these recent developments, despite him having Jaleel on board.

This project already sounded bad when LeBron basically said "we're gonna take everything that's good about the series and make this film out of all that good stuff."

How many projects have had that tagline stuck on them, even going beyond Sonic?

And how many have actually succeeded in appeasing the fans?

....And did I actually imply that it's possible to appease Sonic fans in that last sentence?

Anyways, the Sonic design looks fine, the fur is a tad....odd but with computer animation you're not restricted to what console hardware can output, obviously, so no real complaint there. His eyes are a tad more furrowed than you would expect a Jaleel Sonic to look like.

And yes, the donate to view website mechanic is complete bullshit.

Last edited:
Pay-per-view website? HA! Let the h4xxin6 commence.

I'll admit, The Jaleel voice on a recent Sonic body gives me pause too, but I can let it slide because a furry Sonic actually looks better than a walking hair-gel statue of a hedge-dolphin..

sonic_movie.jpg

Getting that out of the way early.

Note: Non-disclosure agreement will apply. You WILL see things no one else will aside from the Director and two Executive Producers. Additionally, all ideas and suggestions are at the approval of the Director and Producers. They are not guaranteed.

Oh well. I hope someone will have the balls to leak something

IMG_0868.jpg

http://www.tssznews.com/2011/01/18/new-video-cleaner-lebron-sonic-fan-film-trailer-from-magfest/

http://www.tssznews.com/2011/01/18/lebron-sonic-fan-film-concept-art-revealed-at-magfest/

Oh well. I hope someone will have the balls to leak something

I would leak a synopsis, but I think it would be funnier to see the Sonic fans raging. But I fear that just as with RTLP2, this fanbase will eat it up. If you're curious, I hint to the story in the comments section in both of those articles.

Looked good till we saw the face. THAT can get away with some dolphinizing.

JALEEL'S BACK BABY! It sounds older than the 10-year-old one from the 3 90s shows, and that's a good thing.

Last edited:
I'm torn. I can't believe nobody brought up Sonic Spinball when he said "no Sally/Bunnie/etc. We're focusing on the games."

...and yet I can.

I'm torn. I can't believe nobody brought up Sonic Spinball when he said "no Sally/Bunnie/etc. We're focusing on the games."

...and yet I can.

Well if he's focusing on the games so hard then why is Sonic's team made up of Human Freedom Fighters? And hold on for a second.... Aren't Sally, Bunnie, and Rotor based on animals that popped up in the very first game? The exact same game he's making this film as tribute to? What? The Screw Attack team can't voice a Porker Lewis, a Ricky, possibly even a Johny Lightfoot instead of being a human soldier of the U.S. Military helping Sonic defeat the evil terrorist, Robotnik?

I'm sorry. I fail to see the logic here.

It's...so predictably underwhelming.

But then, what were you expecting from a fan film trying to do the same thing to Sonic that Hollywood did to Transformers?

The best part was probably the end of the movie where
Sonic was running through the surprisingly well rendered Green Hill Zone.
Otherwise, it seemed rather...boring and slow paced. Got to credit them for the amount of effort that was put into it though, and getting Jaleel White to voice Sonic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back