Jeck Jims' Saturn Inspired MD2's-V6 Shadow & Espio face-lifts

The list of included things includes one of the custom enemies that comes with Proto, but not Proto himself.

limit draw/draw distance means that if something is far enough away, the game flat-out won't display it.
Thanks for telling me. I asked because i didn't understand what that meant. It's like a new word to my brain.

THIS IS AMAZING!
Your work has truly paid off!
And it also gives us a look at what other characters might've looked like in Sonic Jam/R/3D Blast's Special Stages!
I love you!

Can we have Mighty and Blaze?

Last edited:
V2.0! A few adjustments to better represent Jam's iteration of Sonic​
-Efforts were made to match Jam's animations
-I decided to make sonic's shoe's soles that darker gray/black, as srb2 has it that way, as well as Jam, and I honestly prefer it to the red.
-A quick texture fix was made to clean up color changes on most of the cast
-Sonic and Shadow both received a contrast reduction to better fit the rest of the cast.
attachment.php

Sonic's Run, falling, and TailsGrab animations got huge polish

This got me to try OpenGL to see if it would work on my laptop, and... I can gladly say that it does, and it works... Although the start of the Special Stages could do with some work, as the animation there... Doesn't really seem to exist.

This is by far the best set of custom low-poly models I've seen made for this game hands down, it's so fun to see most everything in 3D without my computer curling up into a ball and dying due to so many objects on screen all with the charm of that Saturn-era style. I am particularly a fan of what you've done for Silver and it makes me really wanna see more modern characters done in this style.

I only have one suggestion as to what to change, could you please make the expression on amy's face change to this to better match her falling sprites?

Honestly, one of the only only issues I can find presently with this pack is how it does not take into consideration characters holding onto sonic, in cases such as SRB2 Heroes, or Multicarry.

And the other issue can be solved by adding more models.

Though, I would like to see a fix to endsigns, so that unmodeled characters still manage to line up with them (and so we can get proper reversed background color), but I don't know how feasible that would be. Maybe have the sign by itself, and offset it just enough to have the sprite be drawn on it correctly?

Regardless, this is great, and I'd love to see it expanded upon to support more mods, and maybe have decoration models. I mean, even mania has models for the decoration, and it would certainly spice things up a fair amount. (then again, BSZ's decor is kinda a pain, so...)

V3.0! Dirk was added to group, goalpost got huge overhaul.​
attachment.php
-Goalpost were remade from scratch to have a better presentation, use the same images are their respective character's sprites, and now support the background color changing!
attachment.php
-Knuckle's gliding animation got an update to better match the sprites
attachment.php
-Metalsonic got a model touch-up and some animations fixed
-Spindashing frames were adjusted a bit to not look as awkward.

---------- Post added at 12:02 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:01 AM ----------
attachment.php

V3.0.1 patch​
-updated dirk's ice effects to avoid conflicts
-added a special version of sonic's MD2 to be used for SC_Heroesv3.wad, so he makes more sense when in fly formation. It's already setup automatically.(H_SONIC.md2)

Sorry about the Dirk update conflict! I'm glad you were able to make the most of it with the Heroes addition though. I also have to say, I love Knuckles' new gliding animation!

I have a slight issue with the emeralds in this pack, visually they look fine on their own but when you get farther away the emerald stops showing it's true color and instead reveals the layers underneath as demonstrated in the aPNG attached, this can lead to emeralds being brighter colors everywhere and being easier to spot. I don't know if this could be classified as a bug but it's certainly a thing that happens. Also, this affects checkpoints but it's less of an issue there.

Attachments

• srb20040.jpg
    srb20040.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 906
- as demonstrated in the aPNG attached, -
That's a JPG, not an animated PNG. Whether that's your fault or this message board's fault, I don't know, but you might want to upload the animated PNG somewhere else and link to it instead, if it really doesn't work as an attachment.

I have some suggestion about Brak Eggman:
What about making he looks more like in Sonic OVA (With a black cape and bigger eyes)
I hate to say that but, Brak Eggman walking animation looks so much crap, i would like if you give him some updates!
Another suggestion, him red colors are a too much vibrant for his original colors...
And i found some error during playing with them, Knuckles climbing animation are a little bit "floating" out the walls.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 2, Members: 1, Guests: 1)

Back