Are you guys Excited for SRB2: 2.2 as i am?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GastlyGibus™

Grade A idiot
With the previews we have so far, the new version is looking pretty good so far.
Not only that but i think more things will become possible with the new version.
I'm saying this as someone that does not know the iner workings of doom modding and well SRB2 modding.

I'm still hyped for 2.2 but nothing will ever beat the 2.1 hype. Especially with how long people waited for 2.1. Back in the day when I heard there were more emblems to be collected as well as Lua support, I was pumped.

To be honest? nope, I've lost hype months ago, I am however more hyped for the third installment of the SUGOI series.

I have so many unanswered questions about this version but version trailer satisfied me. I am very excited and I check message board every day. For a new information. But no :( I find nothing

I'm telling you. When 2.2 comes out after MORE than 4 years, i'm gonna get rid of my 2.1 copy.

Or maybe not. It's up to me.

I'd say I am not even thinking about it.
Remember when I didn't have internet connection back then in 2004-2010.
I was so excited cause my brother was always bringing all the new stuff, one of those update that changed the game too much (2.0) was the one that made me want to play the game nonstop for the amount of level it carried within the Coop mode... Played like crazy. Till the year 2011 came and I had internet :v. I don't know when but I think it was 2013 when they started talking about 2.1, I WANTED TO HACK THE SERVERS TO GET THAT UPDATE :v. (Jk of course), some friends told me they could mod the game to make it however when want it to be, just making some mods to get the Jump-thok and the new sprites animations for the monitors...

No, I'm not excited, because I lost my excitement since 2.1.0 came out. However, I'm pretty happy that 2.2 is getting some new Lua features that I should not spoil.

I basically treat SRB2 updates as miracles that come around every few years.

The moment 2.2 is released I'm dropping literally everything else to play it. I'm excited, but I don't want to be too excited because I have no idea when the next scheduled miracle will actually come.

Yes! I want to see what the new level layouts will look like! Also, what was wrong with Mario Koopa Blast zone? Couldn't you just make a version with Robotnik taking over the mushroom kingdom?
But seriously, I am excited for version 2.2

Oh I'd love to see it released, but am guessing there's still a ways to go yet. I check back every so often just to see what's happening, but development time on fan projects is always slow and tends to run in spurts. I haven't seen any updates in a while during my recent lurking, so I'd guess that STJr are between spurts right now. ;)

Kinda sad to see the message boards so slow compared to the way they used to be... but everything changes... I first started lurking here around/over ten years ago, that's a long time. EDIT: That or everyone's on IRC or using that newfangled "discord" thing I keep hearing about. Back in my day, discord was a donkey-snake-dragon thing that made cotton candy clouds and chocolate rain.

Last edited:
discord is both. and I believe the IRC is even more dead. But I do see activity on the official and community discord servers pretty much daily.

Kinda sad to see the message boards so slow compared to the way they used to be... but everything changes... I first started lurking here around/over ten years ago, that's a long time. EDIT: That or everyone's on IRC or using that newfangled "discord" thing I keep hearing about. Back in my day, discord was a donkey-snake-dragon thing that made cotton candy clouds and chocolate rain.

I really only lurk nowadays too, though I am active with Kart Krew stuff, but from what I pick up here and there, I think things are alive in new and happy ways with things like Sugoi & Subarashii. I think there's a third one in the works right now? Imagine! What wonderful kind of days when a level collab project actually gets completed! I hope SRB2 keeps on being a fun thing for new people to discover and grow with.

Discord is where all the buzz is. It pretty much made IRC irrelevant, despite its long and incredible run. I don't know ANY active communities that still use IRC.

New updates usually happen when I'm not looking so I've tried to forget about it. A watched pot never boils; a watched SRB2 dev never completes ACZ2...

Kinda? I am very excited to hear the new music that will be in the game! There is also going to be brand new levels and redesigned ones which is even more exciting!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back