glaber

Emblem Radar Ready
Welcome back to Dimension Glaber. This time updated for 2.2!

So what is Dimension Glaber?
Dimension Glaber is primarily a recycle project that turned into a mod complete with singleplayer, match, CTF, and Circuit maps.

Every stage is roughly organized in to "eras" and themes. Starting with my early work and moving all the way to the present. Plus this time there is an unlockable stage too at 50 red rings

This Release works with
attachment.php

V0:
the separate release of each and every level in this pack over the course of 12 years, separately.

V1:
General
Replaced Emerald Token sound and graphics, replaced extra life sound, replaced score tally track

Green Hill
Enlarged stage, added polyobject, added jump ramp.

Daimondus act 1
Formerly act 2, added a spring to a tree branch, added new tunnel, changed a intangible from below fof into a shatter block.

Daimondus act 2
Formerly act 1, Structural changes, added a current to the middle water tunnel, some enemies deleted.

Grave Yard Hill Boss
Uses 2.1 Eggmobile now

Poloy Forest
Structural changes, Water no longer “boiling hot”, Barrier grass added, Alternate Exit now active, given Poloy forest track from Tails Adventures

Battle Woods
Formerly act 3, minor structural changes, added emerald token, tossed out song “Switch back”

Emerald Coast
Rebuilt most of the second half of the stage, added speed booster things, slopes added in (even that really steep one), added in swinging spike ball by the start, few Crawla's replaced with Neo Drillas, removed all invisible springs, added an emerald token in Big's secret fishing spot

Emerald Cove
Stage renamed, stage retextured, beginning and end of stage restructured, assigned Splashdown from Ristar for music

Mystic Castle act 1
Removed surprise Deeton, restructured entrance to second structure, changed some prisoners

Mystic Castle act 2
changed light level in lava room

Mystic Castle Boss
Uses 2.1 eggmobile

White Halloween act 1
Formerly act 2, cave light level increased.

White Halloween act 2
Formerly act 1, stage enlarged. Light level increased in caves, changed texture of a bustable wall

White Halloween Boss
Removed Death Pit, uses 2.1 eggmobile

Haunted Manor act 1
Removed Thok Barrier

Haunted Manor act 2
Added in Senku's Orange team flag texture

Haunted Manor Boss
Arena's plunger now goes down when boss beaten, real player scale down removed due to Knuckles' jump height

Springin Around MGX
Added a slope, added an emerald token

Blustery Day MGX
Minus is missing the snow sprite, SRB1 badnik's altered sprites restored, Pointy replaced with Undius, added an emerald token

Green Christmas
cut out part of the Thok Barrier

Holiday Village
Finally corrected the spelling of the name, added another side to the tunnel (no you still can't go through)

Frozen Battery
A Screen shows Medivo now. added music trigger

Rusty Bucket Bay
Formerly a Match Stage, Water no longer damages players unless it's the green goop, added emerald token, added emerald hunt locations, added slopes, added more structural accuracies, made all floating fofs be separate fofs to avoid jiggle bug

Scrap Brain
Removed help sign, added visual indicator for what side triggers the doors, added emerald token

Glaber Base 5
Changed Sky, Sally's path now accessible to all, added a “teleport” at the end

Medivo
Added new start and end. Replaced poly objects with chains, replaced pseudo-slopes with real slopes, added new pipes

Giana Dream blast
custom "mario block" texture now a separate animated texture (Previously replaced a set of lava fall patches), Giana gems left behind, rings are in use

Emerald Lake act 1
Merged with act 2, go where you can see, new object placement to go with it, slopes

Emerald Flower
Added in whole new path, slopes, polyobjects added, removed a confusing path, moved the exit

Icicle Factory
Modified the paths, new sloped active conveyor belt added, swapped out User minus with SRB1 Badnik

Sapphire Frost
adjusted a jump ramp, changed a wall to reveal the sky, changed music to Wolfy's Ice cap alternate

Sky top
emblems missing

Minvs The Prototype
First release

All Nights Special stages
Made to work without the Use Nights special stage parameter set to true

Barren Ambition
Track fixed up, Track goes backwards, some structural changes to account for the camera

Night Shift
Player starts on the super trigger, more items placed for Nights score attack

Special Stage 3
Re-textured in blue

Stocking Stuffer
no change

Mr E. Special Stage
Re-textured in Orange

Medivo SS
re-textured with medivo textures

Bellherst
Formerly End Year of NiGHTS, merged both mares

Glaber Glutch circuit
reduced to 2 laps, stage enlarged

Battle Woods act 1
added a bunch of Armageddon shields to speed things up, added a slope

Battle Woods act 2
Removed all fire, moved a trap button closer to the path, replaced deetons, added an Armageddon shield

Castletaina
removed invisible walls, did not remove invisible walls from windows, added a new prisoner in the "Deluxe" Cell, new music from Puggsy, swapped out sector based boosters with Yellow level thing based boosters

Quarts Caverns
Removed invisible walls, level set scenery meant for another level made into death pit (it's not part of the main track), added a jump ramp with speed booster to TK path, added slopes, loops to Glaber Glutch circuit

Endless Mine
changed blocks to shatter blocks

Medivo Circuit Nights
Textured to mostly match special stage

Caron forest
Formerly no name forest, given music from Tails Adventures' Caron forest, loops to Endless Mine

Daimondus CTF
added in more bomb panels, added in jump ramp, added slopes

Daimondus CTF 2
added new geometry, given Daimondus JJ2 music

Tubelectric CTF
Given Tubelectric music

Medivo CTF
Given proper Medivo textures for red team, Unseen fof art removed, Assigned Medivo music

Flood forest
updated to current ring set, moved the flags to the bigger capture sectors, left the flag base as a valid capture sector, made the bridges intangible from below, water now more dynamic

Spiral Mountain
Enlarged, added a spring

Targetzan's Temple
removed the mp3 track, left behind a midi, Enlarged the stage, added slopes, updated ring selection based upon Banjo-tooie egg set in Eggs a plenty

Ordnance Storage
enlarged, updated ring selection based upon Banjo-tooie egg set in Eggs a plenty, uses midi

Clinker's Cavern
enlarged, updated ring selection based upon Banjo-tooie egg set in Eggs a plenty, uses midi, loops back to Spiral Mountain

Castleon
Added Slopes

Glaber Glutch Mine
Enlarged, added more panels

Medivo
Uses Medivo JJ2 track

G. Glutch Village
Closed off Glaber base 4 and the path to the WOP

WW Shootout Zone
removed invisible walls, raised some floors

Icicle Pyramid
enlarged, assigned weapons based upon power ups, slopes

Voiced Concern
uses multiplayer emeralds

Icicle Warehouse
slope added

Daimondus Battle
no change

Glaber Base 3
Assigned music from gunstar heroes, built new outside area

V1.01
fixed an issue with the torches on Mystic Castle act 1

V1.02
Fixed an issue encounted via addfile, added a batfile.

V2.0
General: Added in Red Rings
Record attack
Nights mode
Boom box (Sound Test)
Added lua to allow everyone to go super
all base game textures are now 2.2's

Green Hill: polyobject tweaked

Daimondus 1: All ground bots are now snapping turtles to better reflect the source material

Daimondus 2: Added some slopes on the first right path
Closed a path and moved 2 of its room to the south path
All ground bots are now snapping turtles to better reflect the source material
Enemy spam lightened up.

Poloy forest: Added section 3 and Proto Egg Flambe
Adjusted certain breakable blocks to be shatter blocks to allow Fang Passage
Changed the strength of a spring to allow fang passage
All flight based badniks swapped out with new Fire Fly badnik

Emerald Coast: Swapped out a few of my speed boosters for force spin speed pads
Added in spike balls where spike gates should be. Includes the polls at the sides.

Mystic Castle act 1: modified the hole at the beginning to allow no spin characters passage.
Force spin speed pad added to allow passage for no spin characters
Reduced character spam to allow enemy movement
New Prisoners added

Mystic Castle act 2: added a jack o lantern

Mystic Castle Boss: Is now Double Team with Fang and Metal sonic
Arena modified

Haunted Manor act 1: Added force spin speed pad to allow passage for fang
Adjusted base wind level for fang at the wind tunnel to allow escape

Haunted Manor act 2: Sonic's Path is now open to all, marked with a white egg banner

Springin Around MGX: added speed boosters

Blustery Day MGX: Minus is now 2.2 varient

Holiday Village: Shoe store script finally restored.
Tunnel now allows a peek at the other end
Amy is now Tree shopping

Frozen Battery: Certain boxes now use new STK textures
Retractable springs now just slide up through the floor instead of flying up or popping in place

Rusty Bucket Bay: Boss Boom box's room now accessable
Music Changed to match source material
Fang is back for round 2
Underwater variant of music plays underwater

Glaber Base 5: Music now sounds like it resumes after optional boss fight
Added in Metal Sonic in a display tube

Medivo: Might have screwed something up trying to restore swinging chains

Emerald Lake act 1: attempted to deal with a visual glitch at the half way mark
Added a spring to allow Amy to not get stuck on Knuckles' Path

Emerald Flower: Blocked a path for fang to prevent him getting stuck.

Icicle Factory: New secret/Easter egg added reusing an old button. begin by destroying everything outside the Garage by the dig site

Sky top: Missing emblems are back as Red rings
Added a spring to allow passage of no spin characters on alt path by rising ground

Minvis the Prototype: Modified the code so mini drills pop up on a timer.

Magmor: First appearance since Kimokawaii
Adapted to new lava behavior
swapped out speed boosters for force spin speed pads
added force spin speed pads infront of tubes where the force spin sector effect doesn't work

Egg Flambe: Boss is Kimokawaiii version for round 2

Special Stages: all adapted for blue spheres

Barren Ambition: adjusted track to increase space
Swapped locations of 2 items

Medivo SS: Statues are now Crawla statues

Battle Woods act 1: Removed all Jettysons
Replace Crawla commanders in one spot

V2.1
Removed end level music in attempt to fix sigabrt problem
Added in unlockable Metal Sonic Race
Added in unlockable Prototype Mystic Castle rebuild (please leave feed back)
Removed some forgotten things in Emerald flower
Other minor changes I forgot about.

V2.1.1
Rusty bucket Bay: Swapped in a Golden wind shield to account for emerald shard Z position bug
Swapped out a shard spawn thing for a match mode one, included a Special Stage Gem as compensation untill the bug is fixed.
Fixed issue in Mystic Castle act 1 getting stuck at spin booster
Fixed issue with Green Hill not being in record attack

V2.2
Various changes
Added Mystic Castle Rebirth from the ULDC
added in new level complete musics
added in part of cobaltBW's momentum mod
Restored Magmor's 2.1 style lava
Fixed Rusty Bucket Bay's emerald spawn in the smoke stack
Renumbered the custom skies
Changed the internal name of the ghosts to Spooks
possibly some other changes I forgot about.

V2.2.1
Categorized Blustery Day MGX to 2.0 era
All levels now have icons
Corrected the texture on a pair of shoes
Download is now via a button in the upper right on the overview tab

Uses lua from the following mod(s)
Super Everyone
https://mb.srb2.org/showthread.php?t=45712
Momentum mod
http://mb.srb2.org/showthread.php?t=46029

This mod is not Compatible with:
Unknown as of this update

Attachments

• srb20186.png
    srb20186.png
    13.3 KB · Views: 2,283
  • srb20181.png
    srb20181.png
    270.8 KB · Views: 3,222
  • srb20138.png
    srb20138.png
    223.9 KB · Views: 3,618
  • srb20148.png
    srb20148.png
    184.7 KB · Views: 3,060
  • srb20147.png
    srb20147.png
    143 KB · Views: 3,081
  • f7JlaUY.png
    f7JlaUY.png
    9.7 KB · Views: 78,600
Last edited:
That filename prefix has almost every letter available to use in it, wild. But otherwise, 14 years of Glaber maps condensed into one pack huh, it was interesting playing all of these again after all this time.

Just a heads up, I've replaced the imgur link for the character compatibility image with an attachment to bring the OP in line with the formatting guidelines. The actual content is unchanged.

I don't want to make you feel bad for me, but I felt depressed alter playing this map-pack at 3:30 am (Right now) I played at least 2 zones and I started feeling empty and worthless.
I don't want to say it's your fault, but I usually don't feel like that...

I don't think that's from playing the mod. Maybe thats from staying up all night. If you have some time today I reccomend taking a nap.

I started to play it with Sonic.

Green Hill - Very short, but nice, I guess the blocky look is designed to make it evoke Sonic 1 as much as possible.

Diamondous - Also evokes the game it originally came from, but getting to the end sign caused the game to freeze and I could not advance. This is why my feedback stops here.

Maybe I am supposed to use the batch file instead, I will test.
EDIT: Batch file works well, further feedback will go into this post.

EDIT2:

- I don't think Mystic Castle, especially act 1, hit the heights of the stages before it, the claustrophobic design and the ambushes represented a major spike in difficulty and the outdoor areas had very little detail. Maybe open it up a little with larger rooms and add more details. It appears to be one of the older maps since I don't see much in the way of slopes for starters.
- White Halloween, especially act 2, appeared to have largely sparse layouts where large sections was simply running across wide flat areas. Those areas could use some slopes and other details to encourage more platforming, or simply areas where the player needs to slow down a little. Lowering the walls a bit in several sections might be nice to see.
- Haunted Manor appears to be a very old map since the legacy crawla design is used here, so it could use updates to take full advantage of what the SRB2 engine can do now.
- The Fang/Metal Sonic double-team was crazy and found it difficult to hold onto rings, at least you couldn't fall out of the arena (as that would be frustrating), and it was nice to be treated to extra lives afterward.
- The red rings are a nice touch and add a bit of replayability, I wouldn't make any changes regarding that.

Overall (so far), I understand that some of these are rather old levels from a time when you were probably less experienced, and it probably didn't help that something like Zone Builder did not exist. I anticipate the newer levels look far better.

EDIT3
- Medivo looks like it's one of those levels that was not edited to take into account the new charging behavior of the Egg Guards, the level has areas absolutely flooded with them and it's almost impossible to hold onto rings (as it was with Mystic Castle). I think now, you can make due with less of them because of how the 2.2 version is more difficult to kill.
- Rusty Bucket Bay is different from the usual custom level. There is no enemies and it's not possible to die or lose rings when you have the Elemental Shield, just an emerald hunt with two red rings that are apparently very well hidden (as I have not found them).
- Emerald Lake was a massive step up in quality compared to the zones before, it was nice, expansive, and multi-layered. Even with the underwater sections, it was a nice reprieve from the zones before. I noticed I will need to go through the level again with Knuckles because of the presence of many walls only he can break.
- Don't have much opinion on the Christmas levels, the village one at least did an interesting take on general zone design (as short as it was). I understand these levels were made when the SRB2 engine in general was less capable and when you weren't as experienced.

Last edited:
Now i'm not sure if this is an issue in the wad itself or it's just srb2 being srb2, but i got a SIGABRT error immediately after touching the capsule in Frozen Battery

I think it's srb2 being srb2 as I've seen other reports, plus encountered my own share of sigabrts that I can't explain.

Another possibility I just thought of, it could be the custom level end music causeing the problem.

Last edited:
I just finished it, it was cute, but a lot of these levels certainly haven't aged as well as some others, my favorites are probably Emerald Lake, Skytop and Icicle Factory.

I was enjoying the pack up until it randomly crashed upon the signpost for Mystic Castle act 2, haven't had anything happen up until that point, regardless loving it so far bugs aside.

Seems these crashes are inconsistent with one exception. They happen at the end of a stage when the end level jingle plays.

Darling. You can't just use something of mine in the pack without asking permission. Pffft, I would have given you it anyways, but I would have liked to have a little say in it -- especially as you got your facts wrong regarding its origin in the blurb you wrote!

There's more to be said about the project, anyways, and I think you're using an outdated version of it, too? Unsure on that last part though, I'd have to dig into my old 2.0 wads.

Sorry about that, But thank you for allowing it to remain.

Also This is the most up to date version I have of the Moon pond Plus a couple of tweaks of my own. I figured it would be alright as it was a colab level we worked on together.

So, What information did I get wrong? Besided the version of SRB2 we started this in? (just found the original concept wad.)

Last edited:
I don't think that's from playing the mod. Maybe thats from staying up all night. If you have some time today I reccomend taking a nap.

It wasn't that, I just played it today's mourning and it still feels empty and sad; this stages feel like from 2003, and considering I'm playing it without music...
But I've been enjoining it so far and I really like the feelings I'm getting from it. Although I don't think this is how you are supposed to feel it.

Music usually plays a part in my level design. So if it feels empty without it, that's probably why.

Hey, just a heads up, because this includes the "super everyone" script, this breaks compatibility with my own mod, Many Minor Tweaks. I'd be willing to whip up a patch that just makes this lua script not run if my mod is running if you'd like.

(btw, for some reason this starts off on a CTF map in singleplayer? is that intentional or?)
EDIT: whoops i just realized why it's starting off on a CTF map, it's cuz of another mod i had loaded, my own debug zone lmao, ignore that part

So in the middle of my emblem hunting adventure i found this odd set of springs and rings out of bounds in Emerald Flower.

Attachments

• srb20015.jpg
    srb20015.jpg
    67.1 KB · Views: 689

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back