Why aren't SRB2 Spritesheets allowed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

VentureSonic

Please call me VentureSonic
I attempted to upload a spritesheet of Sonic Robo Blast 2 onto Spriters Resource, but it got rejected because "they don't want the sprites to be uploaded." But why though?

I attempted to upload a spritesheet of Sonic Robo Blast 2 onto Spriters Resource, but it got rejected because "they don't want the sprites to be uploaded." But why though?

Honestly it's a shot in the dark but I don't think they accept fan game sprite sheets at all. I hardly ever see the likes of Sonic Before the Sequel or Paper Mario 3D Land on Spriters Resource so that's just me. Also I don't see the purpose of uploading SRB2 sprites to Spriters Resource or even making a sprite sheet at all because how easily obtainable the sprites are for SRB2.

Honestly it's a shot in the dark but I don't think they accept fan game sprite sheets at all. I hardly ever see the likes of Sonic Before the Sequel or Paper Mario 3D Land on Spriters Resource so that's just me. Also I don't see the purpose of uploading SRB2 sprites to Spriters Resource or even making a sprite sheet at all because how easily obtainable the sprites are for SRB2.

I've seen Super Smash Land on Spriters Resource, so that isn't it.

If I recall correctly, SSNTails discourages the use of his character artwork for stuff that has no connection to SRB2, like unrelated sonic fangames and such. This was from a long time ago though, so I may be mis-remembering the specifics. He didn't like people distributing sprite sheets though, so that's what spriters' resource was probably referring to.

We still don't want people using our original assets in other work. This is the primary reason why we don't want sprite sheets posted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back