SRB2 Linux Packages/Repos for RPM-based and DEB-based

My repositories only support i386 and PowerPC, anyone installing them on x86-64 computers will recieve errors updating their package information.

SRB2 for Linux has been updated to v2.0.4! Sorry for the wait. Your package manager will automatically update SRB2 if you refresh the SRB2.org repository cache, and the updated packages are now available in the first post.

If anyone wants their source code modification on my Linux repositories, please PM me with a link to the source code (the source code being on the SVN is preferred) and other data files necessary to run, and we'll talk further.

As soon as I download Arch Linux and install it as a VM so I can try them myself. =P I will soon, be patient! =)

FAQ posted on the first post.

Callum,The Ubuntu Package say that Srb2-data is malicious...

Last edited:
Updated the instructions for the DEB repository, also made APT bypass the GPG key check on the command there.

Where do I put wad files for srb2? EDIT: Never mind I found out.

Last edited:
You just won't give up on the Palm thing will you? It's not going to happen.

Anyway, I'm having some issues with sound when using OSS. I'm running Ubuntu and ALSA has always had problems with my soundcard so I've been using OSS which has worked perfectly with everything except SRB2. SRB2 has no sound at all. Could SDL-Mixer need some adjusting for that to work?

I have a Palm OS Garnet simulator that allows allocation of >256mb of ram and should run at the speed of the host computer. Could you port it to this? Although I don't know how you would installl it unless you can get the whole thing into a .prc.

=P To be honest I haven't bothered to put it on the repositories yet, I will be very soon since I need to update my repositories for Fedora 12, so sit tight.

The links are dead for Ubuntu and debian, probably others as well. I get 404 errors
Code:
sudo apt-get -y install libsdl1.2debian libsdl-mixer1.2 libpng12-0 wget && sudo wget http://repos.srb2.org/deb/debian/sta....0.1-1_all.deb && sudo dpkg -i srb2-data_2.0.1-1_all.deb && sudo wget http://repos.srb2.org/deb/debian/sta...0.4-1_i386.deb && sudo dpkg -i srb2_2.0.4-1_i386.deb && sudo rm -rf srb2_2.0.4-1_i386.deb srb2-data_2.0.1-1_all.deb

The forum is shortening the links on me, even when I put them in
Code:
 tags? Not funny. =/ Unfortunately, I don't really know how to fix that.

I don't see how that is an issue when you hover over it and it shows the full link? (Except in the code tag since it isn't a link there)

It's in the code blocks. They're meant to allow you to just copy/paste them into terminal, but the link shortening is screwing it up.

I looked through the admin CP, but I didn't see anything that would be causing this. I'm not sure what's going on.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Back