What is your favorite anime?

I have been waiting for this thread all my life

But really though, I'm a huge fan of animation in general, of all kinds not just anime. Although here are a whole bunch of my favourite anime films and shows.

If anyone wants me to elaborate on any of my favourites, do tell. I'll just list them for now or I'll spew out my nerd garbage forever.

Favourite shows
tumblr_inline_n17liqjrkP1r02h7r.jpg

Top left: Nichijou
Top middle: Allison to Lillia
Top right: Kino's Journey
Middle left: JoJo's Bizarre Adventure (new series)
Middle: Kaiba
Middle right: Gankutsuou
Bottom left: Princess Jellyfish
Bottom middle: Cowboy Bebop
Bottom right: Turn-A Gundam

Favourite films
tumblr_inline_n17lumwSKl1r02h7r.jpg

Top left: Redline
Top middle: One Stormy Night
Top right: Howl's Moving Castle
Middle left: Macross Frontier: Sayonara no Tsubasa
Middle: Summer Wars
Middle right: The girl who lept through time
Bottom left: Tokyo Godfathers
Bottom middle: Metropolis
Bottom right: Wolf Children

Last edited:
Whackjood, I love Nichijou and The Girl Who Leapt Through Time. Nice picks. Haven't seen Metropolis yet, but I intend to watch it.
--------------
I'm very bad at choosing favorites, but my old favorite was 5cm/sec. Now it's almost certainly Aria, but I enjoy so many different shows for so many different reasons, it's really hard to choose, even some of my lower scored shows I might have enjoyed greatly. Anyways, you guys can get a general idea from my MAL profile, although I have a lot of score updating to do there...

http://myanimelist.net/profile/philipawalker
My profile pic is Chitanda over there because many of my friends have said my personality is just like hers (excited, always happy, kinda derp).

Last edited:
BEST: Full Metal Alchemist (both Brotherhood and the original serie).
Others: Soul Eater, Gurren Lagann, Code Geass.
And I like many others, but those one are my favorites

BEST: Full Metal Alchemist (both Brotherhood and the original serie).
Others: Soul Eater, Gurren Lagann, Code Geass.
And I like many others, but those one are my favorites

Oh yeah, Brotherhood and the original are both great. I loved how polished Brotherhood was, but at the same time I loved the mystery and open-endedness of the original.

Whackjood, I love Nichijou and The Girl Who Leapt Through Time. Nice picks. Haven't seen Metropolis yet, but I intend to watch it.
Thank you :> and Metropolis is pretty great, there's some especially good music in that film, notably at the climax. So that's something to look forward to when you get around to watching it.

Now it's almost certainly Aria.
Oh-hoh, I've been meaning to watch Aria for a while now. I really should get around to it.

Internet Explorer.
I think this joke needs the video to make any sense~

Last edited:
I'll be honest, the only anime I have seen is Bo-Bobo-Bo-Bobobo and DBZ, both of which I loved.

Really like Bo-Bobo though.

To be honest, I'm not a big anime guy but the only anime I have actually sat down and watched a couple episodes for are Naruto and Soul Eater. I've tried to get myself into liking Dragon Ball Z but for some reason, I don't really like it but that's just me.

By the way, does Pokemon count as an anime? :X

Hoo boy, where do I begin? Let's see, Attack On Titan, Black Butler, Death Note, Macross, Fullmetal Alchemist, Gurren Lagann and probably many more that I can't think of off the top of my head.

Last edited:
oh come on! Why is it that the best anime in existence is not posted yet.
Kill La Kill
Toradora, The World God Only Knows, and Hayate no Gotoku were pretty cool too.

>liking mainstream anime
no

Last edited:
I don't watch a lot of anime. However, I enjoyed most of Gurren Lagann and the original Dragon Ball. Studio Ghibli has made a lot of my favorite animated movies in general.

Studio Ghibli has made a lot of my favorite animated movies in general.

All of my yes.

Spirited Away is my favorite out of all of them, though I really like Castle in the Sky too for its out of place action and silliness among a much more serious plot.

Ooo, a thread full of anime suggestions! Wunderbar!

I only discovered anime about two years ago and haven't dug deep, but I love Bakuman, Sword Art Online, Squid Girl, and the Naruto series.

If we're talking movies, perhaps Castle in the Sky and Spirited Away.

EDIT: Wow, y'all ninja'd Studio Ghibli right out from under me.

Code Geass, Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood, and Kill la Kill are the best I've ever seen by far.

Kill La Kill

Kill La kill is extremely mainstream, Whackjood already mentioned this, but feel like not too many of you guys really know what's mainstream and what's not. :V

My #1
media.nl

My #2
Clannad-After-Story.jpeg

Honorable mentions: Fate/Zero, A Certain Scientific Railgun, Bomberman Jetters, etc.

Wakfu isn't an anime exactly, but it would definitely be up there for one of my top 5

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back