what are some of the best level packs?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mystic Realm is an oldie but a goodie if you like difficult platforming and exploring for secrets. You'll have to download a previous version of SRB2 to play it properly, version 1.09.4 I think, but it's worth it.

Like lip-gnawlingly difficult special stages? Acid Missile supposedly has those in droves, and the regular levels themselves are not without merit.

Fawfulfan's Ruined Planet is probably the level pack with the most amount of content in it so far for 2.X. His level layouts are pretty good, and the scenery in them is extremely nice. I'd give it a spin.

The Arch Pack has less content, but is extremely well-crafted and plays well too. It definitely contains some of the best individual levels that we have today.

Also, I know it's not a level pack, but Oceanic Cove is another all-around great level. It's music, environments, challenge, everything is nearly perfect.

Last edited:
Huh... Didn't see it in the Releases or Editing sections... Is it completely and competently converted?

Well, I don't know. It has all the levels that were in the original, but there are more than one versions (I have v2)
BUT, most of the people on servers have it.

do you know where i can find the mystic realm 2.0? the one on that link doesn't load for the wii version.

and what does "scr" mean when it is put in front of level wads?

I have Mystic Realm 2.0. But I downloaded it off a server while playing a netgame, so I don't know where you'd find it.

"scr" is one of many prefixes that distinguish what the WAD contains. There are six prefix letters possible:

"s" (which means the WAD contains levels supporting Single Player)
"c" (which means the WAD contains levels supporting Coop)
"r" (which means the WAD contains levels supporting Race)
"m" (which means the WAD contains levels supporting Match)
"t" (which means the WAD contains levels supporting Tag)
"f" (which means the WAD contains level supporting Capture the Flag)

The prefixes are combined to show everything the WAD contains. For instance "scr" means the level/levels support Single Player, Coop, and Race. "mt" indicates that the level supports Match and Tag. There are other combinations, but those two are the most common.

It is insanely easy to find Mystic Realm for 2.0 by just googling the filename, which is "scr_mysticrealm20v2.wad".

It is insanely easy to find Mystic Realm for 2.0 by just googling the filename, which is "scr_mysticrealm20v2.wad".

scr_mysticrealm20v2.wad is outdated, the latest Mystic Realm port is scr_mysticrealm20v4.wad Erm... but I don't know if I should provide a link to the file.

Solid ones that come to mind right now are Tortured Planet, Acid Missile, and Arch Pack.
:>

The Arch Pack has less content, but is extremely well-crafted and plays well too. It definitely contains some of the best individual levels that we have today.
:3

Thank you for the praises. XD

Remember, all levels of Arch Pack (until now) were made for 1.09.4, so this means the levels won't turn out well in 2.0x and "smell" a tad old. For instance, Lift Bridge and Water Plant Zone are symmetrical maps.

Aqueduct Circuit Zone is the most beautiful thok-fest map ever. And Mill Citadel Zone still uses old enemy set and doesn't take advantage of new 2.0 features.

EDIT: Arch Pack topic.

i'm browsing through the level section of this site http://www.4shared.com/dir/10413229/b0f6da0f/sharing.html,

Arch Pack v0.2 is outdated. v0.3 was released in December '09, if I remember correctly.

Last edited:
Hey try anything in the release section. Also Check out mods like Mystical Heavens and tortured planet.

Mystic Realm still doesn't have an official release. When it does you will see it in the releases section here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back