I think I discovered a glitch where if you try eating someone while they're spectating, the game will SigSev...

srb20001.gif

I don't think this was intentional, as it's supposed to be for ground pound only.

The Silver and Yoshi fusion technique is godlike.
Please do not patch.

Attachments

• srb20145.gif
    2.6 MB · Views: 689
Last edited:
My only wish with this character is to be able to pick up and throw monitors with Yoshi's tongue/spit attack (and if you try to make eggs with them they just burst upon exiting Yoshi's body) like that Yoshi in Sonic 2 hack from years back.

As much as I'd love to do this, it tends to completely break monitors respawning in multiplayer. So unless I find a solution, it will likely not happen. Really sorry about that.

Yoshi doesn't receive any points for spitting enemies, might wanna fix that.

I took a look at this, and it seems the reason you don't receive any points is because any object that dies via MF_MISSILE doesn't actually use the normal death routine, and instead something completely different. This seems to be hardcoded behavior, but I'll try to see if I can work around it next update.

I think I discovered a glitch where if you try eating someone while they're spectating, the game will SigSev...

I don't think this was intentional, as it's supposed to be for ground pound only.

And of course I only notice these comments until after I make v1.1. Welp, guess that's something for whenever V1.2's a thing.

Last edited:
Something I forgot to mention by accident in my first post that is still a bug (at least, I don't think it's intentional) is that if you try and flutter while you have upwards momentum, say, from a badnik bounce, you'll get sent down instead of up. The original game's behavior makes it so that Yoshi can't flutter until his Z momentum is >= 0.

Here's some footage demonstrating the current behavior
mx79wGl.gif

And one last thing I'd like to see implemented is having your eggs carry over from the previous stage if possible.

Also, it looks like you forgot to disable one of your dev messages, "huh?"

Last edited:
I'm not sure if it counts as a bug or an oversight, but "huh?" appears in console occasionally (I've heard mixed reports as of why, but it's usually death-related). I saw it happening while playing online, and I just wanted to give you a heads-up since it seems to be a dev message left in on accident.
QUICK EDIT: It seems like someone already reported this, and I skimmed over it. Sorry about that!

As fun as the Yoshi gobbling other players thing can be, would it be possible for you to expand on preventing griefing a bit further for servers that don't turn the option off?

Either allowing players in co-op specifically to mash out of it much quicker or to have a system like Silver where you have to hold a button to be picked up.

It's just a bit annoying at times when you get that one Yoshi player who just scoops you up only to immediately kill you and be unable to do anything about it.

Last edited:
Something I forgot to mention by accident in my first post that is still a bug (at least, I don't think it's intentional) is that if you try and flutter while you have upwards momentum, say, from a badnik bounce, you'll get sent down instead of up. The original game's behavior makes it so that Yoshi can't flutter until his Z momentum is >= 0.

The reason this bug happens is simply due to how the Flutter Jump functions. Whenever you start one, you lose a little bit of upwards momentum. I'm not really sure how I'd fix this bug without making the Flutter Jump completely different.

And, while limiting the Flutter Jump's activation to when your Z momentum is in a certain threshold does seem like a good idea, I don't think I'm going to implement it because I don't want the player to feel like their input got eaten because they pressed the jump button a couple frames too early.

Am I the only one who noticed that Yoshi has Neo Sonic's character select art? What's up with that? I'm just wondering.

It's due to the fact that Yoshi uses "PicName" in his SOC. This is something that isn't needed anymore due to the fact that "XTRAB0" is already dedicated to the CSS. If PicName is used, it will replace any custom characters' CSS with whatever character is added after it.

I don't know how I feel about the flutter jump nerf, it's quite big. The flutter jump doesn't look like it goes anywhere. I was happy with the original one, as it basically mimmicked Galaxy 2's flutter jump. I swear I see hardly any vertical reach, I mean sure you could have it just be a small hover, but I think the double-jump-like move is more accurate and much more fun to play with, especially if you're planning on using him in campaign mode. Of course using Slade to mod your LUA is kinda hard because I can't read.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back