How did you come across SRB2?

Status
Not open for further replies.
for me it was when i was going a lot on youtube and i saw this game. i also tried to download it from youtube. :p i was a baka for doing that.

Well when I first found out about Srb2 I loved it very much.
I saw a video of Amy rose by Pepper(I was seeing if there were female character in Srb2)..and I loved it even more..so i got the game but it had no amy...then I figured out she was a wad...and that the game can be entirely custom..so then..here I am now

A? S? I think it was "A".

[...]Also, Chaos was abbreviated "A". Trust me, I wrote that part of the game ^_~ [...]

Oh, I forgot (I changed it now). :D

I do not think that it was "S" in the version I was using. I still have got this version somewhere on my external hard drive, but I am too lazy to search it. And even if I searched it, I would have to transfer it to a computer where Microsoft Windows is installed to test it. ;)

Well this will be hilarious. Storytime, people.

I first found out about SRB2 via a video of a stage in TEI that looked like Mystic Realm's Prismatic Angel Zone, and it was a speedrun. I found the video with the search query "3D Sonic fangame fun" and apparently YouTube was right, this was a 3D Sonic fangame that was win. The next related video was labeled "Soviet Russia Blast 2" And so I thought that the game was Soviet Russia Blast 2, and not Sonic Robo Blast 2. And I tried to Google for SRB2 to find a download, coming across the SRB2.org main website, and downloaded it, to find, to my dismay, that the game was "Sonic Robo Blast 2" instead of that "Soviet Russia Blast 2" that I thought it was, and thinking it was an error, I looked around to see if I downloaded the wrong game, and ended up downloading SRB2 again thinking that I had the wrong SRB2! And so I finished the download, and figured it would be worth a try, and that's how I found out about SRB2

Last edited:
In Soviet Russia SRB2 searches for you!

Anyways.. I came across SRB2 back in 2004 when I first had my first old crappy computer when I was 9. I was downloading a bunch of Sonic fan games since being a huge Sonic fan, I wanted to play what other people have done. So I did start SRB2 in 2004 back with v1.08

Here in 2005 or 2006 I came on IRC once if I remember, I believe I had dial up that time and asked why the Master Server wasn't working. Funny how I still remember that, and I went as the name DarkTails or Blaze, I remember at that time people told me to change my name because of someone named "Blaze Hedgehog" I think.. My memory isn't that great.

Few years later in 2007 I decided to try SRB2 once more when my friend mentioned it. I remembered it and since I had better internet I went on netgames. And thus.. Explains why I'm here I suppose.

I first played SRB2 during the 1.08 era. Around this time I was a regular at the official Sega boards (That was also my first forum and venture into the internets, must have been 6 years ago or so) and played match with two friends. I specifically remember Jade Valley Zone and Zero Ring Zone.
There was a gap in my playing. I can't remember specifically when I picked up SRB2 again, at this point it was at version 1.09.4a. I played that version a lot. I really miss some of the wads made for it. But 2.0 is superior.

Many moons ago.

I was searching Sonic-related stuff one day in early 2005, during the 1.08 era, and I stumbled on the main SRB2 site. This was back when I was 10, my dad just got DSL for the house, and when I still had a mediocre PC (running Windows ME!). The moment I started playing it, I just couldn't stop playing, especially when I played Chaos Mode for the first time (Flying Shrine, Woodland Panic, etc... Man those were some good maps back then). I also remember playing Mystic Realm for 1.08 and the Zero Ring Zone.

I found it when I was looking for sonic heroes demo(I know, it's crap).

I came across with this game at the same time that I came across SRB2 Doom Builder.

And here I am.

Well,I was seven.I had no idea what I was doing,just running around on the internet,not having a clue where I was.I came across bluehog's site,tried ALL of his games by accident,and started to search the "All fan games" section.There wasn't just bluehog games there.There was also.....

...SRB2.
So It was actually 1.09.4,even though 2.0 had also come out already.Bluehog better update that.
Dramatic pause!

I used to watch my brother (HyperSonicJr) play Srb2, and it looked fun. So, I decided to download it. And Indeed I was right, Srb2 is fun.

I found it on .08 when 1.09.4 was out, could not get 2.0, 2.0.1, 2.0.2, 2.0.3 up to 2.0.4 because, my laptop died in summer 2009, got a new one PC on xmas 2009. I still play SRB2 to today. *offtopic* I got this fan character because someone didn't had it. Still confuseing, so many steels on SRB2.

It was a long time ago, it was 3D Sonic game with a Doom like engine and I thought I'd give it a try. Lives were changed, people were run across. Things changed but they always stayed the same.

I explored SRB2 during the 1.09.4 era. I was watching YouTube videos related to SRB2 and I thought "this was a fun game". After watching all of those videos, I decided to try it myself.

I first found SRB2 (the 1.09.4 version) on some fangame website. ( I forget it's name.) However, I got 1.09.4 while 2.05 was the latest version. Soon enough I got 2.05 and 2.06. That's how I got into SRB2.

I occasionally search the web for new Sonic jazz... feverishly. It was a happy accident. I don't know how I didn't find it sooner.

Last edited:
I think I first found SRB2 through Caiman games just over 10 years ago (back after the first few beta versions came out). Now, just as it was 10 years ago, the Caiman games website is around and still slightly outdated. It seems that unlike most games today, this one has managed to withstand the test of time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back