Resource icon

[Open Assets] sloperollangle: Character Rotation on Slopes

This content may be freely modified and/or maintained by anyone.
I said earlier that it look kind of weird, but with the camera roll added in, it now looks really cool. Honestly, I wish that this was a vanilla feature!

I found a bug though: It appears that the viewroll doesn't work properly in first person mode. (I'm using the build from the MR.)

Attachments

• srb20057.gif
    srb20057.gif
    2.4 MB · Views: 707
I've updated the script to version 4!

Changelog:
- Fixed a bug where first-person mode would cause the camera to get angled incorrectly. Thank you TrustyGun!
Trippy...

srb20452.gif

Hey there, sorry for asking but, how do I actually get fickle's viewroll... thing? What am I missing?

I've updated the script to version 5!

Changelog:
- Removed adjustment that was originally required to make the character rotation look perfect. Thank you Jimita (and 2.2.1)!

Just downloaded 2.2.1 and the latest version of this and I'm still getting a "Please download Fickle's viewroll EXE or a newer version of SRB2" error message. Some help would be very much appreciated. At least point those of us that are lost on this in the right direction...

Just downloaded 2.2.1 and the latest version of this and I'm still getting a "Please download Fickle's viewroll EXE or a newer version of SRB2" error message.
Viewroll actually didn't make it into 2.2.1, fickle's viewroll code doesn't have 2.2.1 support either yet. I'm sure the viewroll code will be updated soon though.

I've updated the script to version 6!

Changelog:
- Fixed netplay with camera rolling and made it save to your config. Thank you 2.2.2 (for motivation)!

I've been using this with Jeck's new models for 2.2.2, and I've noticed that the tilt angle doesn't change on slopes when I move the camera. Is this something fixable? Is model compatibility planned at all?

I've updated the script to version 7!

Changelog:
- Vertical flipping strikes back! This time it was the camera rolling. I'm surprised nobody reported this.. Thanks go to ceiling slopes for existing.

I've updated the script to version 7!
- Vertical flipping strikes back! This time it was the camera rolling. I'm surprised nobody reported this.. Thanks go to ceiling slopes for existing.

That'll be useful when my level has complex slope platforming while you're flipped :^)

I've updated the script to version 8!

Changelog:
- "cameraroll" and "cam_rollspeed" now tell you when you've modified them. Thanks Zolton!

I've updated the script to version 9!

Changelog:
- Hopefully slightly more consistent mods support.

---------- Post added at 04:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:32 PM ----------

I've updated the script to version 9.1 (bruhpdate)!

Changelog:
- bruh

Any plans to make this work properly with OpenGL? It does function, but when any 3D character faces the camera then are tilting toward the slope instead of with it.

having frame drops

I don't know what is actually happening to my game itself, but it starts to drop frames once i reach a slope in software mode. In OpenGL it hangs for less than half a second and goes back to where it should. I don't know what is actually causing it, it just started out of blue. I don't know if it was a windows 10 update or smth

Last edited:
I opened up the lua with notepad, and what did it say?

"// hello hacker fucker this is golden heres the deal. if you steal this lua i will find you and break your legs and thats a promise"

DO NOT STEAL

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back