Hookring.lua (Take yourself to the anchor point!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ManimiFire

Meow Motherfuckers.
I was bored af as usual and this time made a thing that came to my head after watching the "Sonic Forces - Custom Hero Trailer" thing. That's right, the hookring!

Info

So, the hookring used for move from place to place and to save you from a fall to bottomless pits. With this hook, you can also grab enemies, monitors, bosses and if the "playerscatch" command is turned to on - so other players as well. As the progress of the hookring continued, so more and more people helped me to test it and add to this thing new stuff and bug fixes.

But how to use it?

• By pressing custom 1, you throw your hookring in your current angle and aim, however, you should aim to walls/floors/ceilings/objects that are close to you else because of the limited distance of the hook, the hook will go back to you. If your hook is still there, by pressing custom 1 again, you remove your hookring.
  • After your hook's anchor point is stuck in something and ready, by pressing custom 2 you can push yourself to the anchor point.
  • If your hook's anchor point is stuck in objects only and ready, by pressing custom 3 you can pull the object you cought to your point.

Commands List

There are some commands that come with that lua:

"Hookring" - The simplest one that allows you by turn this command to on to throw your hookring. However, the default of the command is on.

"AllHookring" - This command is used by admins/servers which allows everyone to use their own hookrings, by turn this command to off, nobody in the server will be able to use hookring else it will be on again. The default of the command is on.

"Playerscatch" - The same idea like psynarchy which allows you to torture other players/help other players/help yourself by grab them and push yourself to them or pull them to you. The default of the command is off.

Bugs List
  • It's hard for the hook to handle moving platforms.
  • You can't grab metal sonic in his race mode.
  • Sometimes when you grab the sky, the hookring just disappears.

Credits

Thanks to White T.U for choosing the name of this lua, for test it and for choose the gifs for this thread, to Airwalker for giving me the idea to do "playerscatch" command, thanks to Sapheros for giving me a hint how to fix the FOFs problem of this lua, thanks to Lach for helped me to minimize the lags in netgames and thanks to RedEnchilada for letting me using his CombiRing code.
If I forgot to credit someone, I'm so sorry and please notice me in PM who I forgot.

Bugs I fixed in 2.0
  • The hookring is no longer noclipping through some of the walls.

Attachments

• hookringgif1.gif
    hookringgif1.gif
    3.4 MB · Views: 1,534
  • hookringgif2.gif
    hookringgif2.gif
    3.4 MB · Views: 1,305
  • hookringgif3.gif
    hookringgif3.gif
    2.3 MB · Views: 1,186
  • hookringgif4.gif
    hookringgif4.gif
    2.9 MB · Views: 1,171
  • Hookring.lua
    13.7 KB · Views: 1,466
Last edited:
About time you released this Manimi. Definitely one of your best lua scripts so far. It's fun as fuck to play with

I feel like the chain should come out a lot faster and there should be like a "hasty" option like in yoshi's island, making it so you don't have to press the button twice. Other than that, this is a REALLY amazing script and it's SUPER fun to play with!

Last edited:
This is gonna be fun for Match players.

Hooking in people for days, I'm just your average Roadhog.

Idk i guess they dont know what a Hook ring is
Well only the ones who didn't pay attention to the MB. They would more likely download from a server, makes it 40% chance that person didn't know how to use the Hookring. I don't know if i'm right but maybe there would be someone that didn't how to use it so we (or other people who knows how to use it) can teach that person

Last edited:
We must remember that the Master Server community, while equal to us is MUCH less informed about content on the message board, especially if they're advertised to go to srb2.org in the first place. It's recommended to advertise the Message Boards as much as possible, you could get more joiners this way. :P

The Hookring is really fun, in both Single player and Multiplayer. Impressive Manimi!

The Spiderman Jokes lol.
Hookring 101

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back