[Open Assets] Rosy the Rascal (Updated)

This content may be freely modified and/or maintained by anyone.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chrispy

Developer
Sonic Team Junior
Release #3 out now with a permanant fix to the zombie bug and fix to tortured planet!

Changes:
Zombie Bug fixed
Tortured planet fix
Added eyelashes to the charselect, will not add to the rest of the frames
Made a new death frame
Made various unnoticable changes.

I originally forgot to mention that when playing a level that requires spindashing, you can always type devmode and then skin sonic or any other character. This will work in single player mode.

Old release info:

Thanks to tons of help from GTF I managed to finish her off quicker than I expected. Her hammer jump ability is a bit tricky to use but can be helpful. It doesn't work in antigrav and breaks invincibility. You are not able to double bounce off enemies, so watch out. To use it you have to jump, then hit the jump button again right before you land. I tried to make her other characteristics unique as well.

Attachments

• srb20002.png
    srb20002.png
    213.2 KB · Views: 4,244
  • srb20001.png
    srb20001.png
    219 KB · Views: 3,239
  • srb20004.png
    srb20004.png
    211.2 KB · Views: 4,287
  • Rosy3.zip
    119.2 KB · Views: 6,290
  • Rosy.png
    Rosy.png
    30.3 KB · Views: 4,067
Last edited:
How odd, you can't use the whirlwind shield normally as this character; you can only use it with the jump button after running off a cliff. Does nospin have to do with it? I'd appreciate it if you could file a bug report after doing a few tests to see what appears to be causing this.

EDIT: Also, this is a minor gripe, but tell whoever made the SOC to put some comments in there; the ability is hardly reusable if nobody can figure out how it works.

Last edited:
Aw man, I wonder if fixing those bugs are even possible D:

Well, I'm still happy to help ya anyway

I don't think that is a "this wad" problem any wad with nojumpspin can't use the whirlwind shield.

Something very wierd happened. I am able to walk on spikes now...
All I did was hammer jump on spikes with a attraction barrier.

Screenshots:

srb20017.png

srb20015c.png

EDIT: I just found out I am also invulnerable to everything!

EDIT2: I cannot collect any rings either.

BTW Epic Character

Last edited:
That's called the "zombie bug." It's what happens when you get hurt when invincible. I do think that CAN be fixed, but as of now it's still a problem.

Anyway, didn't try it yet but I'll do so now :D

Edit: whoa. You and Ground did a sweet job on this, and Draykon with the SOC. I have to say, this WAD feels like it was MEANT for SRB2 (well, it is, but I mean included with vanilla SRB2... you know what I mean :P). The style is so like SRB2, her actions are very cartoony and just like how she was depicted in Sonic CD, and that character select portrait fits perfectly! May I ask how you made the select portrait? :P

In any case, in a nutshell that all means: GREAT WORK!

Last edited:
@hyper shadic X
Yeh, she does seem right for vanilla SRB2, but she could never clear arid canyon zone 1, on account of that bustable block she cant smash, and the fence is way to high for her hammer power to pass it, thus meaning she'd get stuck, unless they removed the block in 2.1 or a later version

anyway, simply amazing character, I once requested a wad like this, but got nowhere of course :P great work chrispy, keep it up

Again, all of these are errors I cannot fix because it has to do with SRB2 itself, not the character. Perhaps these glitches will be fixed with the next release of srb2. Also, HSX, I did it the same way SSN did his. Drew it on paper, scanned it, colored in a paint program with layers. I personally used Paint.NET, I'm sure SSN uses a different program.

Yeah, this is pretty glitchy. If you use the hammer jump on any damaging surface, Amy becomes permanently invincible and unable to interact with any objects. Don't dismiss this as having to do "with SRB2 itself", this is a problem with your ability in your character wad.

I still don't get why Amy has a tumor instead of a sixth spike in her head, but whatever.

Neo: Amy never had a 6th spike. :P

And you did, Chrispy? Heh, I guess I'll try that method sometime :P

"Ground The Fox" is much easier to remember and spell right than "Gsuki Tsuken Funaga" though. =P

Ground The Fox sucks >:C

and besides, no one needs to spell those three names everytime (cuz thats not my full name, I'm actually known for those names, which is why I wanted to make the username as GTF)

Great wad, but I think you should forget about the invincibilty with the ability, as it only "fucks things up", so to say.

Great wad, but I think you should forget about the invincibilty with the ability, as it only "fucks things up", so to say.
This is what I've been saying, and it's what I still think, but evidently it's not what Chrispy thinks, so meh.

Anyway, the sprites are very nice looking, and fit right in with SRB2's style. Very good, and very cute~

(I can't really say anything about the ability, seeing as how it's mine and all)

Edit: I should probably mention that I'm looking into the "zombie" bug that both this and Senku have. It seems to have something to do with the flashing timer not setting properly if the player is hit during a custom state. Not sure what sort of fix there could be for that though.

Last edited:
How odd, you can't use the whirlwind shield normally as this character; you can only use it with the jump button after running off a cliff. Does nospin have to do with it? I'd appreciate it if you could file a bug report after doing a few tests to see what appears to be causing this.
Nospin is indeed the cause of this.

I forgot to mention that I made super transformation frames for her but she can't use them since auperanims = 0
EDIT: Also, I guess I might as well remove the invincibility, since it's breaking the wad more than being useful. Are there any other changes I should make?
EDI2: Just tested her out and she CAN pass ACZ, unless there's a different route I'm not taking.

Last edited:
What is her current runspeed? In my knowledge she is faster than Knuckles but slower than Sonic, yet when I play with her it seems like she is slower than tails.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back