• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Shut Up and Get On It - That DUMP Ripoff

Status
Not open for further replies.
Code:
Download: -Attached-
Title: ROBOTNIK LABRATORY ZONE
Credits: Map by me, Song from "FINAL EGG" (Sonic Adventure), and also credit to Strike for made me some new sprites to this level.
Maintainer Notes: Playable in Software mod, and I didn't test it in OpenGL mod too.

Fixed annoying bug =P

Attachments

• RobotnikLabratory.rar
    903.2 KB · Views: 171
I get to have the first late submission yaaaaaaaaay! I guess that's what I get for forgetting my level existed for almost 2 weeks.

Code:
Download: The attachment
Title: Sky Labyrinth Zone
Credits: I did pretty much everything. Anything I didn't do is either already in SRB2 or made by Sega.
Maintainer Notes: Map slot is 60 for whatever reason. Not that it matters, anyway. I also used an ogg instead of a module since I couldn't find one of the song I wanted.

The difficulty is probably around 3-4, but I didn't really test it with other people that much since I only worked on it for about 3 days. Which is also why it's pretty short (and hopefully not bad).

Attachments

• SkyLabyrinthZone.zip
    763.9 KB · Views: 172
TIME'S UP!! *Sonic 2 buzzer sound*

Gave this a go and Oh Man there are some good things here, First i like the Slope challenges, and the visuals of the map overall, Foggy like a Swamp, The map is sort of short but still Pretty fun, Good job .

I get to have the first late submission yaaaaaaaaay! I guess that's what I get for forgetting my level existed for almost 2 weeks.

Code:
Download: The attachment
Title: Sky Labyrinth Zone
Credits: I did pretty much everything. Anything I didn't do is either already in SRB2 or made by Sega.
Maintainer Notes: Map slot is 60 for whatever reason. Not that it matters, anyway. I also used an ogg instead of a module since I couldn't find one of the song I wanted.
The difficulty is probably around 3-4, but I didn't really test it with other people that much since I only worked on it for about 3 days. Which is also why it's pretty short (and hopefully not bad).
I only really find one problem with this stage. I get the feeling it's trying to replicate the feel of Sonic Labyrinth, but it goes further than the game did on movement restriction. In this stage you can only spindash and roll where as in Labyrinth you could still walk. As a result the stage feels more like golf.

Time for the second late submission!
Code:
Download: Attached file
Title: Overgrown Castle Zone
Credits: I made the map. The song is "04-filmoa" from the SNES game "ActRaiser".
Maintainer Notes: The map is currently in slot one. The music is in slot 102.
The difficulty should be about a 3. The level is pretty easy and straightforward, but it is possible to die.

Attachments

• scr_overgrowncastle.zip
    174 KB · Views: 154
Another late submission coming up!

Code:
Download: Attached to post
Title: Nightlight Ruins Zone
Credits: The song is "Entry Into The Crater Part 1" from the PC game "Phantasy Star Online Blue Burst Episode 4" and thanks to Spherallic for SRB2 Asset Pack.
Maintainer Notes: This maps uses lots of slopes and it was not tested in OpenGL, no idea if something will break. This is also shorter then I thought it would be.

Attachments

• scr_nightlightruins.zip
    2 MB · Views: 144
Last edited:
Another late submission coming up!

Code:
Download: Attached to post
Title: Nightlight Ruins Zone
Credits: The song is "Entry Into The Crater Part 1" from the PC game "Phantasy Star Online Blue Burst Episode 4" and thanks to Spherallic for SRB2 Asset Pack.
Maintainer Notes: This maps uses lots of slopes and it was not tested in OpenGL, no idea if something will break. This is also shorter then I thought it would be.
the stage is alright, but was the camera suppose to get stuck in the ground during the 2d part?

I only really find one problem with this stage. I get the feeling it's trying to replicate the feel of Sonic Labyrinth, but it goes further than the game did on movement restriction. In this stage you can only spindash and roll where as in Labyrinth you could still walk. As a result the stage feels more like golf.

Personally to me it feels more like it was designed with only spinning in mind. While it pays homages to Labyrinth, it feels more like an XSRB2 Golf level than a Labyrinth one, so I think not being able to walk is alright.

Though, Tripel; you don't properly reset the player changes you make between maps. Try changing this part...

Code:
if(player.mo and player.mo.valid)
	and(mapheaderinfo[gamemap].balls)
	end
end

...to something like this:
Code:
if(player.mo and player.mo.valid)
	if(mapheaderinfo[gamemap].balls)
	else
		player.normalspeed = skins[player.mo.skin].normalspeed
		//revert rest of changes
	end
end

I hope you can update and fix this problem; it's a fun little experimental level and I'd love to include it!

Last edited:
Uploaded a new version of Nightlight Ruins Zone, check the original post for the new version.

Changes made to the level
  1. Fixed the camera sticking to the ground in the 2D area.(Thanks for reporting that, glaber!)
  2. Removed "DSNLRN" from the file. (Thanks TehRealSalt for telling me it's already included in the game!)
  3. Added missing flats to the file. (Thanks again TehRealSalt for reminding me! I knew I forgot something!)

Last edited:
Uploaded a new version of Nightlight Ruins Zone, check the original post for the new version.

Changes made to the level
  1. Fixed the camera sticking to the ground in the 2D area.(Thanks for reporting that, glaber!)
  2. Removed "DSNLRN" from the file. (Thanks TehRealSalt for telling me it's already included in the game!)
  3. Added missing flats to the file. (Thanks again TehRealSalt for reminding me! I knew I forgot something!)
New problem, the player starts near the teleport to the 2d section.

Here's our time table; I'm rather lax about most deadlines and will let you submit and update past the deadlines, but if you need to upload your map past August 9th then you'll have to send it to me privately. Threads in Editing cannot have download links after a month; sorry!

This should answer your question.

FRboxjZ.png

Code:
Download: [attachment]
Title: Gravity Well Zone
Credits: I made the map, obviously. Music is "Galactical Galaxies" from Speedy Gonzales in Los Gatos Bandidos for the SNES. Composed by Mark Cooksey (credited as "M.T.W.Cooksey" in-game) and ripped by Slick Mandela.
Maintainer Notes: Has ONLY been tested in Single Player mode using the [URL="https://mb.srb2.org/showpost.php?p=779734&postcount=14"]optimized SRB2 SDL build[/URL] in Software mode.
Another late submission. The map is unfinished, life is encroaching on my time a bit and I wanted to have something out for the polishing period while I sort things on my end. Particularly looking forward to feedback on the gimmick since I feel like it might be a bit obnoxious as it is, or maybe not self-explanatory enough. Seems fine to me, but I'm the one that made the map so what do I know.

As for difficulty, I dunno. I've played SRB2 so much that the only difficulties I can discern are "easy" and "Azure Temple Zone". But I guess a 6 feels right.

updated 7/8/16

Attachments

• GRAVITYWELL3.zip
    160.5 KB · Views: 150
Last edited:
Goldenhog, you might want to lower how intense the wind effect is, I found it really hard to move, even with a fully charged spindash. I can't comment the rest of the stage due to not be able to pass the area after the first star post.

FRboxjZ.png

Code:
Download: [attachment]
Title: Gravity Well Zone
Credits: I made the map, obviously. Music is "Galactical Galaxies" from Speedy Gonzales in Los Gatos Bandidos for the SNES. Composed by Mark Cooksey (credited as "M.T.W.Cooksey" in-game) and ripped by Slick Mandela.
Maintainer Notes: Has ONLY been tested in Single Player mode using the [URL="https://mb.srb2.org/showpost.php?p=779734&postcount=14"]optimized SRB2 SDL build[/URL] in Software mode.
Another late submission. The map is unfinished, life is encroaching on my time a bit and I wanted to have something out for the polishing period while I sort things on my end. Particularly looking forward to feedback on the gimmick since I feel like it might be a bit obnoxious as it is, or maybe not self-explanatory enough. Seems fine to me, but I'm the one that made the map so what do I know.

As for difficulty, I dunno. I've played SRB2 so much that the only difficulties I can discern are "easy" and "Azure Temple Zone". But I guess a 6 feels right.
At your first slope you have a bit of a camera glitch that I've seen pop up in other maps. To fix this glitch just start the slope from the other end of the sector.
While objects use the new slope geomatry, the camera still used the old doom based geometry.

As for the difficulty, I'd say it's more of a 5.

Sunset Ruins Release

After stressing with this god damn map for ages on end, I'm releasing it. I was gonna fix some stuff, but I got so stressed, that I decided to release it and get it over with. Like the others, I may update this, especially with the new badniks and boss, when they are done. As for bugfixes? Depends if I can get a good guide on how to fix the damn thing. Anyways, enjoy... I guess.

srb20128.png

Code:
Download: www.tinyurl.com/sunsetruins
Title: Sunset Ruins Acts 1 + 2
Credits: Music: Aquatic Ruin(Beta) from Sonic 2, Danger(Appoarching Boss) from Kirby Triple Deluxe and 'Robotnik 2' from Sonic 3D Blast.
Prisima for making the badniks and boss that will be in an update for this. Credit to CoatRack as I used some textures from 'mt_GenocidePack.wad' 
Maintainer Notes: Haven't tested in OpenGL, First public co-op map ever made. Can be very buggy and may have some issues. (Because I don't know how to fix most of them! ...Or Zone Builder is not gonna work with me.)

just a heads up, you can use the dropbox link directly.

(Map 10)
Ok first major problem, you have no way for anybody but tails to get out of the lava pits.
You have a ceiling crusher with missing upper linedef textures making it invisible once its ceiling is no longer visible. Other walls also appear to be missing textures
For what ever reason, badniks are falling off of platforms (minor)
Knuckles is unable to climb many walls witch contributes to the lava pit problem
after taking a teleport to another part of the level, I expected to be able to pop open a badnik, it's like no collide got turned on. This means you made your level too big.

After opening up your map in Zone builder I discovered what made you map too big. you got the sky box ans control sectors too far out.
you also have a classic level design problem of crossing linedefs. I wasn't aware this was still possible with zone builder.
Some of your linedefs are even flagged as impassible when they shouldn't be.
In releation to that, along the path where I found this, you're missing springs to allow sonic to get up the ledges. sure the player could proably just spindash up the slopes, but the way the path is built, that's not going to be the best solution.

Unfortunatly, when I fixed the collsion issue I found another impassible linedef that if not fixed makes the level unbeatable.

on a lesser note, I found badniks and other objects just hideing in the walls in zone builder, indicating that there may have been cut paths.

To fix most of these problems, your level needs to fit into 1/4 of the total work space. Basically the same physical space of a source map (I took measurements)
Without fixing this map, Sonic can't even complete it.

problem.png

(Map11)
it's a boss stage. no points off for that.
But points off for starting the player off with a near blind hazard. At least you compensate with an extra life at the start.
The boss arena is too dark you need to increase the light level of the shadows so the Robotnik is visible.
Slopes I discovered don't render ware right when water is only part way through them. to fix this the water, or lava in this case, needs to either be above or below the slope. (Ran into this one with Skytop)

Last edited:
Just to note, Map Analysis Mode (Mode > Map Analysis Mode, or simply hit F4) will let you know about a lot of rendering/game breaking mapping errors. Some of the easier to fix stuff might even give you a button to click that'll alleviate the problem for you too.

If you need some help with a specific error you get, then I would be happy to help out (really goes for anyone who seeks it); contacting me IRC (either through the #sugoi channel or through a private query) would be best because we can go back and forth instantly. c:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back