[Open Assets] Super Hang-On! (OUTDATED) v1.2

This content may be freely modified and/or maintained by anyone.

B. Comet

Fun is still infinite.
THIS MOD IS SEVERELY OUTDATED, PLEASE DOWNLOAD THE NEW VERSION IN THE COMET CHARS PACK
THERE IS EVEN A STANDALONE LINK IF YOU WANT BUT PLEASE STOP DOWNLOADING THIS VERSION.

super-hang-on.jpg
Yep, Super Hang-On!
The motorcycle from the classic SEGA Arcade/Genesis racing game now joins the Kart! But it is not just a direct sprite port, there is new (maybe ugly if up close...) rotation sprites to accompany the original ones, since there were none to work with.
His Voice Clips were taken directly from Super Monaco GP Arcade (with the exception of one of his boosts).
Since it is a damn motorcycle, it's a heavy character. Enjoy.

Cool Facts:
- In the ending of the arcade version, the rider is revealed to be a old man while on the Genesis version it is a woman. The old man also appears at the genesis version to cheer up the player in the endings. They are both represented at the signpost.
- The Super Hang-On motorcycle is a secret character in Super Monaco GP 2.

Attachments

• kart0081.gif
    kart0081.gif
    3.5 MB · Views: 1,581
  • KC_superhangon_v1.1.pk3
    506.5 KB · Views: 358
  • kart0103.gif
    kart0103.gif
    1.7 MB · Views: 1,125
  • kart0101.gif
    kart0101.gif
    2.8 MB · Views: 999
  • kart0102.gif
    kart0102.gif
    5.1 MB · Views: 868
  • page.png
    page.png
    549.7 KB · Views: 932
  • KC_superhangon_v1.2.pk3
    509 KB · Views: 851
Last edited:
Ooh, this is actually a really cool idea for a character.

I'm a sucker for characters where the kart is changed or modified to some capacity. The idea of having a Moto Bike is something I'm surprised never really crossed my mind before.

The jump spin sprites do look a little goofy, but I'm sure that's unintentional, since it's the default animation in-game. Looks great all the same man.

Small quality of life update! Here is the notes.

Version 1.1

- Fixed the backwards sprite that was positioned a bit more to the left instead of being centered correctly.
- Removed a stray blue pixel that was out of place in the turning sprite.
- Slightly updated the rotation sprites, the most noticeable change is the window getting a new tone of blue, it has a proper (and decent) shading now.
- Changed the stats from "3, 8" to "5, 8" to reflect just a bit better the gameplay in the original game.
- The default color is now Blue instead of Blueberry.
- Changed the small icon sprite.
- Updated the Signpost! Now the background uses the player colors, to compensate a bit for the lack of colors on the character sprite. See the attached image for examples.

zmK3qu4.jpg

Last edited:
Version 1.2

Very small changes, but this is probably the last one.

- Fixed the shading in one of the rotation sprites to keep consistency between the others, and slightly updated the rest.
- Re-positioned almost all the sprites, to make it feel less "floaty" in motion.
- Signpost update! I felt like it still lacked... something. Then I added the "GOAL" from the original game, over the signpost sprites. I hope this solved the "issue".

6SUZXV9.png

Enjoy.

Last edited:

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back