Crawla Honcho: A REAL CRAWLA HERO

Status
Not open for further replies.

D00D64

Probably Responsible
CURRENT VERSION: 2.0
As of Aug 5th, 2011

Originally made to fill in the blank Power slot Storm left after he passed away from Ugly Cancer, Crawla Honcho was to be the 3rd power type in Riders, equipped with an awesome hat and awesome shades, using Soldier voice clips for added awesome, with MAJOR help from Hinote for finishing the base sprites so I could get off my lazy ass and make the wad. However, since charwards are borked in that game and a recent trend in IRC got me into it, I finally decided to port Crawla Honcho to vanilla SRB2!

AP5sp.png

A REAL CRAWLA HERO, Crawla Commando decides to show those sorry limpsocks just how its done, even if it means slaughtering his own men! They WILL learn how to be a REAL crawla, even if it kills them! Court martial be damned!

ZcKoG.png

this is a pretty shitty screenshot, but it shows that Crawla Honcho can ROCKET JUMP by spinning! The height is not quite as high as the Red Spring, but its still damn good! Sadly, this means that certain areas bug out due to how spinitem works, and spinning if the ceiling is too high gets you stick, but there isn't much I can do about that. If you need to spin under a tight spot, either spin when walking slowly, or tap and release spin as fast as possible.

cgti0.png

Crawla Commando also acieves what NO CHARACTER HAS DONE BEFORE (in releases, possibly even in 1.09): SWIM! In addition to this, he can RUN ON WATER at top speed! Water is no match for this hardened unit! H20? More like H20NOIAMGOINGTOGETTOTALLYSTEAMROLLEDBYTHISFANTASTICDISPLAYOFHEROISM

Ability Summary:
* Rocket Jumps via spindashing
* Rocket Jumps let you stomp on enemies
* Swimming
* Running on water
* Wearing an awesome hat + aviators

So as you can see, this is easily the best talking rocket jumping swimming crawla ever, so you should TOTALLY DOWNLOAD IT

MIRROR: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/7986587/Crawla_Honcho.wad
No spinning Rocket Jump (But bug free as far as I know): http://dl.dropbox.com/u/7986587/Crawla_Honcho_NoSpin.wad

Known Bugs:

- Rocket Jump sometimes barely sends you any height at all. Not sure of the cause of this yet. It may be due to the explosion disappearing too fast. I may play round with the radius or something.

I'll fix bugs after a few days, so any additional bugs may surface.

Attachments

• Crawla_Honcho_v2.zip
    893 KB · Views: 2,045
Last edited:
this is easily the best talking rocket jumping swimming crawla ever

...Not to mention that it's also the first character with the swim ability (which apparently comes with runonwater too).

(Just making a post to help get this recently made topic some attention =P )

Probably the best and the coolest Crawla in history :V
And its great to see the swim ability get used for once, I was wondering when someone would actually put that ability into use.

Mashing spin and bouncing around like the entire level's a whole god damn trampoline has got to be the most fun I've had with a custom character in a long time.

I surprisingly had fun with this character while playing in that netgame with you, D00D. While the look of the character itself isn't anything original, playing with it feels very nice. It's got a good balance between overpowered and underpowered.

(Oh, and he needs more taunts, just listening to only four different ones over and over can get a bit repetitive.)

(Oh, and he needs more taunts, just listening to only four different ones over and over can get a bit repetitive.)

I'd love to, but only 4 taunts are allowed on a character. at least I was able to add 4 additional taunts if you kill someone.

This has to be one of the best character WADs I've ever seen in SRB2 history. That spin-jump thing, the running on water (first time I've seen that since 1.09 days; Donnyku's Shadow WAD IIRC), the taunts... Everything about this is really good.

Run on water Ability...It's been a while since a character was able to do so!...Since that he can run on water...do you think Super can be enabled? XD...Seriously, That's a good job...Even if I prefer Crushed Crawlas :3

Uh, there's nothing really special about running on water. It's part of the Swim ability.

But how would anyone KNOW that if the swim ability is NEVER used? Then again, its pretty odd for a Crawla to be a swim character, so perhaps I should elaborate...

The wad's stats and abilities were originally for a Suwako.wad, with the exception being that her "rocket jump" was a lilly pad that flung her diagonally. However, I am a terrible artist and super lazy, so I never got to it. However, one of my concepts for Crawla Honcho was rocket jumping. It was originally thought to be a Wall Jump, but apparently Senku gets in a hissy fit if anybody has Wall Jump, and I dunno how to code it in a way that's NOT similar to his wall jump (making it look like I stole it from him), so I went with a spinitem based rocket jump instead.

Then I remembered the original Swako.wad concept and thought it'd be cool to run along the water, and with the Rocket Jump, I wouldn't have to worry about Swimming being useless outside of water levels as much. Thankfully, the concept for Suwako.wad turned out to be great, so I kept it on Crawla Honcho. So while bugged (till I figure out how to fix it up), it was still fun to play and different from any of the other characters available, making what seems to be a joke wad into a great character wad in their own right.

Well what would ya know, a seemingly fun character wad for once.

You never cease to surprise me, N64 fanboy. And always for the better.

haha, "Fan-Crawla."
Naw in all seriousness this is great, a fun character to play as that actually adds to the gameplay of the game, rather than just making it look different.

VERSION 2.0 is available.

ajDDZ.png

Crawla Honcho is preparing for the future that is 2.1! People may laugh at how his monitor turns into a regular one upon its destruction, making absolutely no sense, but we'll see who's laughing when 2.1 rolls into town! (but if you cant wait, click here)

-Crawla Honcho's rocket jump with speed shoes or other things to assist your speed will not leave your blast in the dust, assuring no mater what your speed, you can rocket jump!

-Ringslinger uses a different sound effect. Strangely, the custom SFX for Say/SayTeam doesn't work...

Sadly, as my post in the bug reports can tell you, I could not fix Crawla Honcho's "misfires" (IE, his rocket jump sometimes goes a rather sad height), but Inuyasha says if you hold jump as you do it, you can guarantee your top height (due to the rocket jump's method of allowing you to keep spinning after a launch using jump code), but I'm starting to think if I should just remove the spinning entirely, despite leaving him extra vulnerable and removing his anti-air abilities...

EDIT: Okay, I had enough with this.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/7986587/Crawla_Honcho_NoSpin.wad

Here is a wad with a non-spinning version of Crawla Honcho's rocket jump. This makes you more vulnerable and generally isn't as useful, but far more reliable 'till STJr fixes that damn bug.

Last edited:
Cool! So, there WAS a swim ability then? Gotta try it with super sonic if the ability was part of running on water. Nice rocket jump there too, haven't had no problems so far...but I can't give it more than 3...
EDIT: which bumped the rating to 4? wtf is up with this new rating system...

Last edited:
When I see this guy I immediately think of Duke Nukem.
"I'm here to kick ass and chew bubblegum!"
"And I'm all out of gum."

The bouncing spin thing was pretty entertaining. Makes me want a completely bouncy character prone to losing control at any moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back