SONIC the Hedgehog: Final Nail in Sonic's Coffin?

Sonic NextGen: What do you think?

• It was good... nothing "amazing"

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • It was bad... not quite what I was expecting

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
CrimsonGodX said:
Hmm, another *off-topic* personal attack...
It wasn't necessarily a personal attack, but a hint. Honestly, there's no reason to type like that, and it makes you look quite silly.

Ok, Bigboi is right...
Let's go ahead and go back on topic.

EDIT: Yep, Bigboi was right. Anyway, where did he go off to? :twisted:

Ok, this is ever so slightly off topic but, you can still get a pre-order Sonic figurine from EBGames if you pre-order the PS3 version of the game. Thought some of you might find this useful if you missed out on that promo. (Like me... :cry:)

Okay... *cracks fingers* here's my opinion of Sonic Next...

Sonic was a HUGE dissapointment, with his slowness and frustrating control. Tails was much worse off, his flying is even harder to control than it is in SRB2. Knuckles is fine, Silver was GREAT, Blaze was GREAT, Amy was a minor nuisance, Shadow has the best, Rouge is good, and Omega is rather good, as well. Long and numerous load times are also problematic. The story is odd... to put it mildly. And finally, we've got a nice soundtrack here.

Gets a 75% from me...

Wow. That video just proved that I'm not getting the game. It reminds me of EXACTLY what annoyed me about Sonic Adventure. Omega, when you proceed to scream at me for saying SA is glitchy, watch that video: That's what happens to me whenever I play SA/SA2. Constantly. I really don't know why it doesn't happen to you.

I think its a matter of individual players. The SA control scheme comes naturally with a dynamic camera, but is terrible for precise movement.

I guess it's a matter of personal preference. (I personally can handle the SA control scheme, but I'm not so great with dualstick)

Okay, this discussion just saddens me. Not angers, not tenses, just disappoints. Has anyone ever heard the phrase "to each his own"? Just because someone likes something that someone else doesn't, nobody has a right to flame anyone else about it. It's all just a matter of opinion, right? Like, look at the professional reviews. Play Magazine gave NextGen a 95/100 or 9.5/10 (can't remember if the decimal point was there or not). Gamespot gave it a 4.4/10. On Gamespot, the user reviews are mostly either above 8.5 or below 5 - very little in between. I know from most everything I've seen, I would really enjoy this game (when/if it finally hits PC). Why? Because I like what I have seen, glitches or not. And because I generally have a lot of fun with games most people don't like. I have so far enjoyed ONE game that Gamespot rated above a 9, and that was Sid Meyer's Pirates. Most things I like wind up on Gamespot between low 8's and high 3's. I actually had a lot of fun with Sonic Heroes, even enough to fully beat Super Hard mode. As far as I have seen, all I really look for in a game is enough entertainment to play it more than a few hours. All I'm trying to say is (and I hope I can say it without upsetting anyone), each person has his or her own tastes, and they should be respected as such. I just don't want this to do like Shadow did, and split the fanbase down its center.

The game looks promising, and fun lasting, even through it's faults.
But I won't be one of those people that go out and rush for a PS3 nor a 360 and pick this game up.
I, personally, like this game anyway.

I agree with Antiporcupine. I plan on picking a copy of this up. I was looking through the game's guide yesterday, and it looks quite fun. I know it is glitchy, and that will be a true bummer, but hey, at least most of the envoirments are less-generic than most Sonic games, which I think puts this one to a plus. It really looks like Sonic Adventure on steriods, and that is what I am guessing it is. Whether it is good or not, I'm still going to jump in and play.

Game Spot gave this Game a 4.4... I never take those reviews seriously anyway, but some people at GameFAQs were raising Hell over it.

I don't take prof. ratings anywho, like I said earlier. Same actually goes with movies and such. I just have strange tastes. (Keep in mind, I'm a computer engineer who ballroom dances in his spare time. What else would you expect?) And, glitches I usually ignore. Hey, nobody's perfect. Almost everything I've ever programmed has some very strange glitch in it somewhere. So yeah, I'm one of those really forgiving people.

Spazzo said:
Holy cow, where have YOU been?
Does anyone remember me saying I'm a sophomore in college? No? Didn't think so. (It was only briefly anyways; don't feel bad or anything.) So yeah, life has been a hurricane. The most free time I actually have is usually flipping through here quickly; reading little, writing even less. So yeah, I'm still around; I just haven't had enough time to really do much of anything.

Ashura The Hedgehog said:
Well people in gamespot think this game fails and Sonic is gone they game it a 4.4 :eek: .

Yes, we have already established that, thanks.

This is what I hate about game discussions. Everybody flames someone over there personal opinion.

I, for one, enjoy ALL of the games, because each game has it's own, uniwue twist.

Examples of this are:

Sonic CD: Amy, Metal Sonic, Time Travel, Time Stones and good/bad endings

Shadow the Hedgehog: Guns, sword, vehicles, keys, play as Shadow, Black Arms, Dooms Eye, Black Doom................

Seriously, quit it with this bull-shit and realize that EVERYONE HAS THERE OWN OPINIONS.

You people remind me of some idiots at another forum.

TimberWolf said:
This is what I hate about game discussions. Everybody flames someone over there personal opinion.

I, for one, enjoy ALL of the games, because each game has it's own, uniwue twist.

Examples of this are:

Shadow the Hedgehog: Guns, sword, vehicles, keys, play as Shadow, Black Arms, Dooms Eye, Black Doom................

Seriously, quit it with this bull-**** and realize that EVERYONE HAS THERE OWN OPINIONS.

I totally agree but not with the idiots part.

M.V.P said:
TimberWolf said:

Examples of this are:

Seriously, quit it with this bull-**** and realize that EVERYONE HAS THERE OWN OPINIONS.

I totally agree but not with the idiots part.

If you want to know what I was origionally gonna post, PM me. :twisted:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back