[Open Assets] Project DAMN (Previously D00D64's Junk)

This content may be freely modified and/or maintained by anyone.
Status
Not open for further replies.

D00D64

Probably Responsible
Project Destructive And Malicious Nature. As you play, you shall understand the meaning of this title. All too well.

Anyways, The Junk of D00D64 (Or just D00D64's junk before I thought of the BRILLIANT name just now) Project DAMN is a level pack containing my previous OLDC entries...And Heat Street just for the sake of collection.

The pack is now called...

WAKU WAKU G SEGASONICNGAMMON THE 3CDXR ROBO BLAST 1 2 3 4 EPISODE 1 2 3 TRIPLE FLICKIES DRIFT & KNUCKLES & TAILS POCKET CAFE LABYRYNTH SHUFFLE BEAN RIDERS CRACKERS GAMEWORLD MAKER RIVALS 7NARABE NAPOLEON POKER QUIZ JAM FIGHTERS SPINBALL PATROL ADVANCE CHAOTIX RUSH WORLD ADVENTURE RACING FLY HOPPING HEARTS PUZZLE BATTLE UNLEASHED 2010 CHRONICLES DAIFUGOU JUMP PAGE ONE SHOOT AND THE EXTREME SECRET KNIGHT MEGA GEMS COLLECTION PLUS AT THE SATURN MARS ALL STAR COSMO TENNIS BOWLING GOLF SPEED CHAO PANIC COMIC COLOR SHIFT UP DARTS KART REVERSI JIGEN PUTTER SAGASHI FISHING BRAWL OLYMPICS HEROES SCHOOLHOUSE ERASER GENESIS SHADOW STORY GRAVITY INTERNATIONAL PARTY HEDGEHOG

Or just WWSSGT3CDXRRB1234E123TFD&K&TPCLSBRCGMR7NPQJFSPACRWARFHHPBU2010CDJPOSatESKMGCPatSMASCTBGSCPCSUDKRJPSFBOHSEGSSGIPH for short.

Now known as Project DAMN.
Yeah, much shorter name now, you can rest easy.

Single Player: Project Destructive And Malicious Nature

Sonic was called to go to Cloud Cradle and stop Dr Ivo "Eggman" Robotnik from destroying the base before it's completion. Sonic, hating Robuttnik and not being able to resist a party, goes to stop him. After fighting him and winning due to it just being a slightly better Eggmobile, Eggman then calles Brak Eggman to fire a lazer at Cloud Cradle, saying it was just a trick to lure Sonic in so he can destroy the base and Sonic all at once.

However, Cloud Cradle was protecting a portal that was actually inside-out Hammerspace, and my Brak firing a lazer at it, the portal created a gigantic gaping hole in every universe. Ever. Then tons of creatures and beings came out of the hole all at once, including a dark figure that shrouded Cloud Cradle in darkness. Things unimaginable kept spewing out of the portal, with no end in sight.

Eggman of course turned and fled like a coward. Sonic however, despite being flung off by the shockwave created and being thousands of feet in the air, survived landing on the ground because he didn't fall in a pit sector due to the event being set in a bunch of paragraphs on a page explaining the story and not in the game.

So with that, Sonic, Tails, his fanboy and possible crush, and Knux, the Guy Who Really Should Be Guarding The Master Emerald Because It's His Job But Forgot That Large Detail Despite Doing It All His Life go to random places trying to stop any evil threats, including the supposedly evil dark smog that surrounded Cloud Cradle then fled without any explanation until now.

Of course, this is all just an effort to (loosely) tie together any reason to go to any level I make for the OLDC or whatever. Super!

Level details & images in spoiler tags.

Cloud Cradle:

srb20282.png

Cloud Cradle is a difficult stage, but in the OLDC version, most of the difficulty was for the wrong reasons. Or just cheap. It's still difficult here, but I softened the blows.

THINGS FIXED:
*More Star Posts!

*Lazer room is not an eyesore anymore. Hopefully.

*Jetty Bounce part is higher, making it MUCH easier to do.

*Pully is transparent, and Jettys come in a formation of one on top and one on bottom, so if you can't see the bottom one, there's always one on the top to remind you (and be something to bounce on)

*Boss lost it's spike balls, making Tails/Knux able to bounce off it (necessary for avoiding the grenade) easier.

srb20289.png

srb20276.png

srb20275.png

srb20274.png

srb20291.png

Oh, and if you see any diagonal red springs you THINK are facing the wrong way, blame THE EVIL RED SPRING TURNING NINJA COWBOY NAZI ZOMBIE DINOSAURS FROM ANOTHER DIMENSION IN ANOTHER UNIVERSE IN ANOTHER DIMENSION, your mortal enemies. I think. Actually, it it's TOO much of a nucanse, tell me and i'll change it.

Sunset Town:

srb20311.png

The first stage I ever made. I actually quite like this map, and I think I did well for a first map.

*Some enemies removed

*Boss changed

*More changes to come (possibly)

MULTIPLAYER CRAP: PROJECT DAMN - MULTIPLAYER EDITION

Dr. Ivo "Eggman" Robotnik, realizing that Metal Sonic isn't going to help him anytime soon, Metal Knuckles was scrapped and recycled into his jacuzzi, and Tails Doll is now a professional disco dancer, he has no doppelgangers to take out Team Sonic. How is an evil genius supposed to rule the world if his main pests don't have evil versions constantly pestering THEM instead? So naturally, he starts experimenting with cloning. After plucking the spines and hairs from the shards of his destroyed robots, he manages to make successful, EVIL versions of Sonic and co, but with the ability to fire rings and ring based weaponry to kill the speedy trio!

...Unfortunitely, they only seemed to want to kill eachother instead. Naturally, Eggman could not gain control of his hot-blooded minions, and just outright killed them via a "Panic" switch (After seeing so many things he tries to control snap back and try to kill him, he found making this this to be a wise decision). Many months later however, he soon began to notice his resources dwindle; there is only so much he can constantly recycle, and now there's that whole "portal to every universe ever" or something-or-other, he would need money to purchase more material for machinery, but how would he get such an income?

And then he comes with a brilliant solution; start a TV show featuring the trigger happy clones trying to kill eachother in deathmatches and other forms of competition and combat! He has access to many items to do this, still enough material to make some bases, and while that hedgehog remains unmoved by his actions, surely an ordinary human producer would tremble at his army of badniks! Perhaps he can even pull some strings for sponsorships! He has everything he needs to get started on his new money making project: Project Destructive And Malicious Nature!

Once again, a stupid story to give a reason for multicolored clones of Sonic & the others fighting eachother everywhere, with it forcibly being shoehorned into the single player plot. Yay!

Match: Hazard Comet
MAPP0P.jpg

Soaring across space, the Hazard Comet is one of many comets filled with the myserious fluid, where outer space scientists have placed laboritories for chemical warfare inside.
...Somehow.
Anyways, the hazardous toxin is not your average goop; As you stay in it, not only will it hurt you, but it'll suck away any rings you try to recollect, forcing you to leave some weapons behind if you arn't quick enough to escape!

*Changed weapon locations

*Removed monitors

CTF: Sunshower Canyon
MAPQ0P.jpg

Located on an island with a perpetual drizzle due to a long backstory that would bore you to death, this canyon houses the two bases that just can't seem to get along. Take the high road or the low bridges, but be careful of each, for this map is open, and perfect for railing.

*Added Centerpiece

*Red spring in waterfall is easier to use

*Changed weapon locations

Race: Heat Street
MAPR0P.jpg

Second map I ever made, this place has lava that'll hurt you, even WITH an elemental shield.

*A post was removed due to being annoying

Race: Bleeding Green
MAPR1P.jpg

NOTE: The acid is translucent on this stage now.

A grave for a destroyed Hazard Comet, the toxin here is not as strong as it once was, but it still hurts! It also seems to have effected the forest around it...ew.

*Steel Arrows for navigation

*Longer post actiavtors

*Tweaked acid hall

AND SEXY GFX TOO:

srb20301.png

-Sexy rings! (Thaks KOTE and SF94!)
-Sexy HUD!
-Sexy Cherry Flavored Supernatural Border! (Sexily animated too!)
-Sexy S3&K monitors!

THINGS TO DO:

*Fix Sunshower Canyon some more

*Fix Sunset Town some more also

*Remove Whirlwind shield sprites (they were supposed to be removed, but I forgot to do so :P)

*Make the "X" for the lives in the hud purdy too

*I dunno, you tell me!

I'd describe these more, but I'm lazy as hell! Yay!

Download:

GFX Downloads
Mediafire Mirror:http://www.mediafire.com/?dmgi0mmennz
Sendspace Mirror:http://fs06u.sendspace.com/processupload.html

SP Downloads
Sendspace Mirror: http://www.sendspace.com/file/xx8sf0]

Other download mirrors coming eventually.

All songs are OGGs BTW, and a clean-up was done to further cut the filesize.

C+C plz.

Attachments

• sc_D64_Junk_sp_v1_0.zip
    3 MB · Views: 1,506
  • mfr_d64_junk_mp_v1_0.zip
    3.3 MB · Views: 1,227
  • sc_PDAMN_SP_v105.zip
    3.2 MB · Views: 1,069
Last edited:
Well this time, i have to give D00D a credit, the stages are much better and less buggy.

Nice job, D00D.

What are you talking about? It's just a bunch of already-released content in one pack.

No.
It's a bunch of IMPROVED and less terrible versions of already-released content, with changes and fixes from other users' feedback. I didn't half-ass a pack here, I worked at improving the stages. Oh, and I also wrote a half-assed story while waiting for it to upload. :P
srb20300.png

...And S3&K monitors just because I can. :3

Last edited:
Let me make this simple, I really don't have much time.

-I noticed no changes in Cloud Cradle except for the fact that the carry-belt is translucent and that the ending area got uglier.

-Those Jetty-Syns shotting bomb rings still were not needed.

-Bleeding Green's music does not fit. And looks rather nasty. And the new acid texture really looks like more of a swamp texture.

-Sunshower Canyon was the only level that seem enjoyable.

-Heat Street looks like a cramped level with little room to move around, even if its meant to be an anti-thok level.

Above all I never really saw a difference in any level except for Sunshower Canyon.

4/10

D00D64 said:
Oh, and if you see any diagonal red springs you THINK are facing the wrong way, blame Glaber. Actually, it it's TOO much of a nucanse, tell me and i'll change it.

MY fault! Don't blame me for not being able to angle your red springs properly.

-I noticed no changes in Cloud Cradle except for the fact that the carry-belt is translucent and that the ending area got uglier.

There's a whole spoiler tag saying a lot more differences than you note.

-Those Jetty-Syns shotting bomb rings still were not needed.

Jetty-Syn Gunners aren't that great, so I just tweaked 'em a little for something different. Nothing spectacular, but not an enemy that's all that easy.

-Bleeding Green's music does not fit. And looks rather nasty. And the new acid texture really looks like more of a swamp texture.

Well, the reason Bleeding Green exists is because I herd that track and thought it up. The visuals are obviously hit-or-miss with people, but the acid texture isn't hideous anymore. I like that swampiness.

-Heat Street looks like a cramped level with little room to move around, even if its meant to be an anti-thok level.

This I agree with, and I mainly put Heat Street in here just for the heck of it. I may remove it though, since it ain't very good to me either.

Above all I never really saw a difference in any level except for Sunshower Canyon.

You didn't talk about Hazard Comet at all though. Did you even play on it?

MY fault? Don't blame me for not being able to angle your red springs properly.

OH BOO HOO I CANT MAKE THE ANGLE OF MY SPRING 180 DEGREES DESPITE DOING SO IN AN EARLIER POINT OF THE MAP AND IM A HORRBLE MAP MAKER SO ILL JUST BLAME SOME OTHER GUY

What, I can't make you DO stuff in a stage now? Am I supposed to guide your hand the whole way? I don't like using Diagonal springs like that. If I'm gonna send you the distance, I'm not gonna make it autopilot. 'Sides, in the last version, you ca spindash the springs to get through as slower characters. But then I thought placing a diagonal red spring at an angle would get you there, but you'd still have to "GET there", if you know what I mean. Course, if it's that annoying to other people too, I'll change it, but still.

Last edited:
You said to Blame me for the diagonal springs being in the wrong direction. Had you said nothing about blaming me I would had jut written the red springs off as springs in the wrong direction, or at best a gimmick.

You know what criticism is? It's a series of strong suggestions and reviews based off of one's interpretation. You can take all, part, or none of it. How you react to it is up to you, but going around saying:
D00D64 said:
if you see any diagonal red springs you THINK are facing the wrong way, blame Glaber.

That really does have you coming off as:
OH BOO HOO I CANT MAKE THE ANGLE OF MY SPRING 180 DEGREES DESPITE DOING SO IN AN EARLIER POINT OF THE MAP AND IM A HORRBLE MAP MAKER SO ILL JUST BLAME SOME OTHER GUY
Rather than the "I want you to affect your trajectory yourself" you want to come off as saying.

I may have produced bad levels before, but did I ever blame someone else for something I did in my own map? No.

I may have said to use red springs there, but you were the one who acted upon that and decided to change the yellow upwards springs into the diagonal springs.

Last edited:
Guys, calm down. Don't fight just because of some stupid red springs.

Please guys give D00D a credit. At least he tried to fix the bugs and errors that were on the map so please concentrate on saying something about D00D work.

If its good, slightly better or worse.

Just say that.

Glaber, I DID add that red spring because of you, and it was in a more jokingly matter. After seeing the video, I added that spring in response. You're taking this out of context, but then again, I could have worded it better myself. Yeah, I added the spring in direct response to that one part in the video, and I THOUGHT you would get it, but my wording has put it in a rather foul tone I suppose, and I apologize for that, as I meant nothing wrong of it. Course, I thought nobody would think it was a gimmick unless I pointed it out, since 3 people said that it was "in the wrong direction". So yeah, I meant no ill to you for it.

Fine, *deep breath* I accept your apology, on condition you remove the part about blaming me for the red springs' direction.

Originally posted by D00D64
Dr. Ivo "Eggman" Robotnik, realizing that Metal Sonic isn't going to help him anytime soon, Metal Knuckles was scrapped and recycled into his jacuzzi, and Tails Doll is now a professional disco dancer, he has no doppelgangers to take out Team Sonic.

Without a doubt the most hilarious part of the ''plot'', especially the one about Metal Knux. XD

Anyways, this is a bunch of your old levels right? As long they're improved junk it's fine by me. :P

Cloud Cradle seems better since I didn't lost like 16 lives this time around. There are still some major flaws, though: Some springs take you to ridiculous deaths due the ridiculously bad angle of them, and those lazers at the end STILL bleeds my eyes like if someone put acid in my eyes.

Heat Street isn't a pain in the butt as other people say: For Sonic players, they just need to strafe their way out of there. The paths, unforunately, are too cramped to race properly without getting accidentally hit by something.

Bleeding Green is better because the acid doesn't mix with the ground anymore, in which I now can see where I am going. The music somewhat fits, but since it's a Touhou music (ergo, the most awesome musics of all time), it shouldn't matter whether it fits or not ;p

Hazard Comet has an emerald missing, but otherwise it's plays well. And Sunshower Canyon doesn't have any flaws as far as I could see so... yeah, I guess It's great.

Notes:
CCZ: 7/10.
HSZ: 6/10.
BGZ: 8/10.
HCZ: 8/10.
SCZ: 9/10.

Okay, I didn't get the chance to play this in a netgame (nobody ever joins ;-;), so I'm just giving my first impressions here.
(no i'm not going to rant because you ranted about my pack, i'm not that evil =P)

General stuff:

The whirlwind shield monitor sprite is misnamed, it should be called WHTVA0. Another bug is that the Multiplayer maps are selectable in the SP level select.

Single Player:

Cloud Cradle - 6/10

Well, this version is better than the contest version, that's for sure. However, the diagonal springs bug me for sending me in the wrong direction. The Jetty-Syn part didn't get easier for me for some reason, but the laser room is indeed less of an eyesore. The pulley room is also way better now, and the boss is also better. Nothing else to say, really.

Multiplayer:

Acid
Hazard Comet - 5/10 - [Tentative]
I didn't see any changes from the OLDC version, sans for the item placement that was tweaked a bit.
For some reason, this map gives me a rushed feeling, with it's simple layout, choppy visuals and haphazard (no pun intended) item placement.

Sunshower Canyon
- 7/10 - [Tentative]
I thank you for the centerpiece, now I don't have to use those freaking bridges. This map looks nice, has a good item placement, but it is too open. Rail clearly dominates here, good thing there's few ammo for it. Another big issue is your hatred for diagonal springs. I hate them too, but in this map they're just extremely exploitable. I could jump down from the bases, land on a red spring, bounce halfway across the map, land on another red spring, and I'd land just before the other base. Please, make them diagonal.

No comments for the race maps, I don't play race.

My think tank involving stage ideas is a bit low right now, but I did have some nice updates to the GFX department!

srb20301.png

-Sexy rings! (Thaks KOTE and SF94!)
-Sexy HUD!
-Sexy Cherry Flavored Supernatural Border! (Sexily animated too!)
-Sexy S3&K monitors! (But you knew about that)

As for the other shields, they don't share the Supernatural Border sprites. They currently use only the regular ones, but they shall receive new ones from earlier Sonic titles. As soon as I finish those and add+fix Sunset Town, it'll be ready for a 1.03 release.

But a question I must ask you guys: Should I can Heat Street? I personally don't like it much myself either, but it DOES give Tails/Knux a chance at winning a stage outside of SRB2 Riders... What do you think?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back