Greenflower WHY?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why bother keeping the oldest level made in the game when it sucks and everyone says not to keep your first creation? It has numerous problems: Lack of texture alignment Lack of beauty(It needs more color it looks so dull in color, grass looks dead, checker wall not much prettier (at least Chaos Domain had it right) Cramped It looks and feels like a canyon It has houses(nice deco, still eh design and wasn't the city destroyed?) GFZ 1 is worse than 2. There is something redeeming about act 2, just don't know what. Length doesn't matter, but looks are for something short and pointless. The ideas are fine, it doesn't have to be much, but make it pretty...

feb16b.png

Not to mention GFZ is already being remade for 2.2 anyway.

GFZ1 is the oldest level in the game, yes, but not the first level ever made for SRB2.
While parts of GFZ1 may date back that far (AJ would have to be the one to answer that), Lime Forest Zone from the CTF rotation actually predates Demo 1, which was the first public release of GFZ1.

So yeah, there are a lot of really, really old maps. GFZ1 isn't the only one.

I think the design accomplishes all it needs to. It's a quick little level that's easy to blast through and test each character's strengths/weaknesses.

I don't think it has anything to do with The original post. The GFZROCK texture, color palette, and canyon design seem like they're staying.

I am excited to see how they can make an alright design even better, though.

I'm sick of those GFZ Blocks colors, It would be better if you guys add some shading to it, Like those that RedEnchilada showed once in his work showcase thread .

While parts of GFZ1 may date back that far (AJ would have to be the one to answer that)

Yes -- I believe GFZ1 *was* the first level made for SRB2, but that might even be a question for Sonikku. A lot of the singleplayer stages were made but not released for the longest time while Halloween, Xmas, etc. was going on.

You can find an early GFZ1 hidden in Xmas 0.93. But the end part of that version was short-lived, it was just experimenting.

I think it's safe to assume the GFZ was the first level made if we don't use any of the doom engine versions of the level. I'm of course referring to SRB2 TGF witch predates even the Halloween tech demo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back