• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Sonic and the Broken World

Status
Not open for further replies.
is System Core a better name for UCZ?

yes, please change it i love the name

---------- Post added at 01:52 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:33 AM ----------

thanks for the reply (and for the others that ill have to answer too soon)
i think BrokenFlower sounds better than ErrorFlower
for techno crashing i could change the name if someone suggests a better one
and for Chaos Computer...originally the stage was called Corrupted Computer but i had to change it since it would not make much sense that the computer is called chaos computer but when you enter it the stage has a different name than the computer (cyberfortress sounds cool tho)

---------- Post added at 08:55 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:45 AM ----------

thanks for your reply too

for cyberfortress i could use it in a bonus stage or something
brokenflower is called like that to signify that you are in greenflower but it has been corrupted so the name was changed (when i started with this mod i had dumb ideas i know but its too late for massive changes and i have to continue like this)

---------- Post added at 08:59 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:55 AM ----------

...as i said before, when i started the mod i had dumb ideas but now i feel like its too late for massive changes of story and names[/QUOTE

how about broken flower to glitchflower

yes, please change it i love the name

---------- Post added at 01:52 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:33 AM ----------

thanks for the reply (and for the others that ill have to answer too soon)
i think BrokenFlower sounds better than ErrorFlower
for techno crashing i could change the name if someone suggests a better one
and for Chaos Computer...originally the stage was called Corrupted Computer but i had to change it since it would not make much sense that the computer is called chaos computer but when you enter it the stage has a different name than the computer (cyberfortress sounds cool tho)

---------- Post added at 08:55 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:45 AM ----------

thanks for your reply too

for cyberfortress i could use it in a bonus stage or something
brokenflower is called like that to signify that you are in greenflower but it has been corrupted so the name was changed (when i started with this mod i had dumb ideas i know but its too late for massive changes and i have to continue like this)

---------- Post added at 08:59 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:55 AM ----------

...as i said before, when i started the mod i had dumb ideas but now i feel like its too late for massive changes of story and names[/QUOTE

how about broken flower to glitchflower

(the long reply scared me lol)
both Unknown Chaos and Final Chaos have been renamed to System Core
and for BrokenFlower...GlitchFlower sounds good, ill think about it

UCZ was now renamed to System Core Zone, i added some things to it and decided to:
-hide the 7th emerald in SCZ1 rater than HPZ to decrease the difficulty
-FCZ1 and 2 are now SCZ2 and 3 while for UCZ2 ill decide later

Hey do you mind changing the skybox for system core?

new spoilers for TCZ2, the level is almost complete

Attachments

• srb20283.gif
    srb20283.gif
    5.6 MB · Views: 595
  • srb20286.gif
    srb20286.gif
    7.1 MB · Views: 468
  • srb20280.gif
    srb20280.gif
    2.9 MB · Views: 359
  • srb20289.gif
    srb20289.gif
    7 MB · Views: 371
  • srb20291.gif
    srb20291.gif
    3.6 MB · Views: 680
  • srb20193.png
    srb20193.png
    234.4 KB · Views: 348
  • srb20293.gif
    srb20293.gif
    4.9 MB · Views: 519
TCZ2 completed

there wasnt much left to add to TCZ2 so have its last spoilers
idk what i should do next, ill probably finish SCZ1 and maybe redo BFZ2

Attachments

• srb20195.png
    srb20195.png
    207.2 KB · Views: 308
  • srb20307.gif
    srb20307.gif
    3.8 MB · Views: 444
  • srb20309.gif
    srb20309.gif
    3.4 MB · Views: 537
  • srb20196.png
    srb20196.png
    185.6 KB · Views: 670
i decided to finish SCZ1 but the new sea egg is starting to cause massive lag and i cant find a way to reduce it (it does not happen much in the first gif, that was recored in between the other 2)

Attachments

• srb20312.gif
    srb20312.gif
    5.3 MB · Views: 569
  • srb20313.gif
    srb20313.gif
    1.9 MB · Views: 448
  • srb20311.gif
    srb20311.gif
    953.6 KB · Views: 325
somehow the lag fixed itself thus i finished scz1, im adding small things now (like emblems) while i decide what level to do next

Attachments

• srb20316.gif
    srb20316.gif
    1.3 MB · Views: 485
somehow the lag fixed itself thus i finished scz1, im adding small things now (like emblems) while i decide what level to do next
Also a heads up, you didn't update the level names (and probably the progress) in the main post.

I decided to redo BFZ2 but havent dont much progress yet, I also tried to make BFZ3 look better by adding a skybox

Attachments

• srb20323.gif
    srb20323.gif
    4.5 MB · Views: 460
here are the first spoilers of BFZ2, i decided to make this level (and maybe I will do this for the others too) more corrupted than before

Attachments

• srb20325.gif
    srb20325.gif
    5 MB · Views: 325
  • srb20326.gif
    srb20326.gif
    2.4 MB · Views: 463
  • srb20327.gif
    srb20327.gif
    2.4 MB · Views: 284
  • srb20208.png
    srb20208.png
    142 KB · Views: 407
while working on BFZ2 I decided to try and create a custom boss based off the ERZ3 boss I imported in the mod

-it has 50 health
-it will attack by shooting 4 energy balls
-when hit it will shoot a small brak bomb
-after 10 hits it will shoot the ERZ3 boss missiles and spam brak rockets and energy balls

Attachments

• srb20329.gif
    srb20329.gif
    5.2 MB · Views: 260
  • srb20332.gif
    srb20332.gif
    5 MB · Views: 627
Last edited:
Lost Factory Zone Completed

I decided to continue LFZ for a bit and actually managed to finish it, since the level is arleady extremely brutal, I decided to make it way smaller than my initial intentions
the custom boss was also changed a bit

edit: umm..are the last 2 gifs broken only for me?

Attachments

• srb20336.gif
    srb20336.gif
    4.8 MB · Views: 450
  • srb20337.gif
    srb20337.gif
    5.2 MB · Views: 387
  • srb20338.gif
    srb20338.gif
    4.9 MB · Views: 388
pretty unique level concept, though in a level as hard as this new ERZ it would seem quite interesting. Though, it would be nice if the player's lives count was unlimited as say, dying for messing up a little bit isn't neccesarily nice when you have the doom and gloom of a game over behind you

I could make a lua script for it, though that would require some research

That and mid air acceleration in srb2 is pretty annoying, you have to like, run up and such, not saying that should'nt be in your level but don't make jumps where the player is screwed without using horizontal springs.

And checkpoints should be often, as a counter balance to rings, every small section is difficult, so treat it that way with tons of checkpoints, remember, you have 90.

Last edited:
pretty unique level concept, though in a level as hard as this new ERZ it would seem quite interesting. Though, it would be nice if the player's lives count was unlimited as say, dying for messing up a little bit isn't neccesarily nice when you have the doom and gloom of a game over behind you

I could make a lua script for it, though that would require some research

That and mid air acceleration in srb2 is pretty annoying, you have to like, run up and such, not saying that should'nt be in your level but don't make jumps where the player is screwed without using horizontal springs.

And checkpoints should be often, as a counter balance to rings, every small section is difficult, so treat it that way with tons of checkpoints, remember, you have 90.

thanks for the answer, I dont really want to add luas in this wad, I would prefer to keep it simple for me, I appreciate the offer nontheless

and about starposts and rings...there are only 3 rings in the whole map, 1 in the second room, 1 at the first starpost (right before the extreme platformer rooms), and the other at the last (and second) starpost, right before the boss
this level is meant to be an extremelt brutal one, if not the hardest of them all, in case i made it too hard though I will make it easier, maybe after its released if nobody manages to beat it, im not sure yet

edit: actually, ill probably add 1 or 2 more starposts, in places where they are most needed

Last edited:
I decided to redo SCZ3 as the old one wast very fun, now you have to run across sections of CCZ backwards while the computer explodes

Attachments

• srb20406.gif
    srb20406.gif
    5.8 MB · Views: 286
  • srb20407.gif
    srb20407.gif
    4.3 MB · Views: 284
  • srb20408.gif
    srb20408.gif
    3.5 MB · Views: 416
  • srb20409.gif
    srb20409.gif
    5.3 MB · Views: 239
Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back