Tripel the fox

Community GU GU GUUUUU~
Link and Epona ride away into SRB2 Kart! (Thats probably where they went after Majora's Mask)
attachment.php

Their stats are speed: 6 and weight: 9, since horses are quite heavy, but Epona is pretty quick.

All the animations in this mod are ripped directly from Ocarina of Time (for Link) and Majora's Mask (for Epona). The models are ripped from Majora's Mask.

Map icon is done by Maximus Universal.

v1.1
  • Bugs relating to scale fixed! (Word of advice: don't get multiplication and division mixed up...)
  • Tatl added! By default, she'll now follow Link around. If you find this distracting, you can toggle her with the "toggletatl" command. She can be changed to navi with the "tatlcolor" command.

Attachments

• kart0101.png
    kart0101.png
    23.1 KB · Views: 21,860
  • kart0056.gif
    kart0056.gif
    7.6 MB · Views: 3,204
  • kart0052.gif
    kart0052.gif
    3.4 MB · Views: 3,885
  • kart0053.gif
    kart0053.gif
    7.2 MB · Views: 4,023
  • kart0055.gif
    kart0055.gif
    192.4 KB · Views: 2,442
  • KCL_LinkAndEpona-v1.1.pk3
    9.3 MB · Views: 1,276
Last edited:
The extra Lua to add to the animation & sound cues make this incredibly hypnotic. Welcome to releases

It's been a while, but Link and Epona have been updated to v1.1! The extremely short changelog is in the main post.

Gotta say when trying it out back before I made my server dedicated and discovered OpenGL, it was just so cool that it made me look into characters that raced in an alternate form of transportation. It really hurt when it was discovered that it didn't appear it OpenGL and now that I have it as dedicated, it would really be awesome if this got an update sometime in the future to have some really funny moments racing as this character along with doing a forceskin event on several tracks to have more or less an all horse race.

This addon happened to come up in a discussion on the Discord, and there it got mentioned that this doesn't work in OpenGL... which is an issue that's apparently been noted for a while, looking at these replies. I happened to look into it and found out the issue pretty quickly.

If you ever happen to log back in and read this post: is there any reason the display offset for MT_LINKEPONADUMMY is so exceptionally high? I privately tested a modification where I set it to 11 and the skin seemed to function just fine in both OpenGL and the software renderer. You could probably set it even lower; 2 is the highest display offset used by any objects native to SRB2Kart, so even DispOffset = 3 should work fine.

Hope to hear from you soon and get this issue resolved, this is some good work you've done and I'd like to see more servers using this skin.

This addon happened to come up in a discussion on the Discord, and there it got mentioned that this doesn't work in OpenGL... which is an issue that's apparently been noted for a while, looking at these replies. I happened to look into it and found out the issue pretty quickly.

If you ever happen to log back in and read this post: is there any reason the display offset for MT_LINKEPONADUMMY is so exceptionally high? I privately tested a modification where I set it to 11 and the skin seemed to function just fine in both OpenGL and the software renderer. You could probably set it even lower; 2 is the highest display offset used by any objects native to SRB2Kart, so even DispOffset = 3 should work fine.

Hope to hear from you soon and get this issue resolved, this is some good work you've done and I'd like to see more servers using this skin.
My man!

Came here to see if there was a fix for it being invisible- good to know a solution's been found. Hope to see this updated with that before too long, it's a truly impressive character.

I hope this gets fixed as well since I would love to play this guy while still having access to my md2 collection I have been building up.
Post automatically merged:

Came here to see if there was a fix for it being invisible- good to know a solution's been found. Hope to see this updated with that before too long, it's a truly impressive character.
Meant to quote this in the message above this one

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back